View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Creative Writing Rules, Guidelines & Resources [READ FIRST!]

CREATIVE WRITING: rules, guidelines & resources!

Old rules are here if anyone wishes to browse.

~*~

W E L C O M E !
Welcome, one and all, to the Creative Writing section! Here is where the creative people gather to share ideas, stories, and much more. Whether you’re an enthusiast, professional writer, or you just have some spare time on your hands, join in the fun and post away! Our friendly community is sure to make you feel welcome!
  • Please note this board is not for posting story ideas and/or questions pertaining to writing in general. For all those needs, please use the Author’s Corner located here.

R U L E S
  • All main PE2K rules apply – not sure what these are? Be sure to read them here.
  • No rejecting other members and/or writing
  • Double posting is allowed
  • If you write criticism, make sure it is CONSTRUCTIVE
  • Correct grammar is a must; you don’t want anyone thinking you’re a sloppy writer.
  • Keep it PG – remember there are young children on the forum. If you feel a piece of writing is too violent for young ones, please post a clear warning.
  • Do NOT make a thread until you have written a piece; any thread posted without written content will be given a warning to post something within three days from that post, and if nothing is posted, then it will be locked

SO WHAT CAN I POST?
I’m glad you asked! The Creative Writing section can be used to post the following;
  • Short stories (also known as one shots)
  • Chaptered fiction
  • Interactive adventures – for more information see here.
  • Poetry
  • Lyrics
  • Scripts/playwriting
  • Essays
WHAT NOT TO POST
  • Diary entries; if you feel the need to tell us about your day please post here.
  • Newspaper articles
  • Links to your work which has been posted somewhere somewhere else; please post what it is you are submitting instead of giving a link

P R E F I X E S
For the convenience of all members, prefixes are included as an option when creating a new thread. These prefixes include the following;
  • No Prefix
  • Pokemon
  • Other
Using a prefix is simple. If your creative writing has anything to do with Pokemon, please select the ‘Pokemon’ prefix from the drop down box. If it does not, then please select ‘Other’.
This is to ensure other members can easily locate writing they wish to read.

T H E F T

Thievery of any kind is not tolerated whilst here at PE2K. We try to employ a friendly forum as best we can – which means no stealing another person’s work! Offences for those caught stealing are as follows;
  • First Offence: Warning and infraction
  • Second Offence: Temporarily banned
  • Third Offence: Permanently banned
So in a nutshell, three strikes and you’re out! Please don’t give anyone cause to do this to you. If you notice a story that likely seems copied or stolen, please notify one of the active moderators right away.

INSERT AN IMAGE INTO A POST
Quote:
[ img ] INSERT URL HERE [ /img ] *without spaces

CREATING SPOILER TAGS
Have something you want to hide from others because it spoils a major plotline in your story? No worries! Just be sure to use the following;

Quote:
[ spoiler ] INSERT CONTENT HERE [ /spoiler ] *without spaces

CREATING LINKS WITHIN POSTS
Not quite sure how to create a link within a post, or a chapter guide? That’s okay! The easiest way to do this is to first post your writing/chapter. You might have noticed that in the top right hand corner of every post you make (just above your join date) is a number. If you click on this, your post will open in a new window. That's good, that's what we want!

Now you need to copy the URL in this new window. This URL is the direct link to your post. You then need to go and edit the post where you wish to place your link. From there, select the tiny image in the tools palette that looks like the earth with a chain over it. Paste your URL into there and hit 'OK'. You should now have something that looks like this.

All you have to do from here is delete the highlighted text and enter whatever text you like! The text that is entered between the URL tags will be what shows up as the name of the link once the post is previewed or saved.

Example;

Quote:
[ URL="http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3344879&postcount=1502" ] THIS IS MY LINK [ /URL ] *without spaces

USING FONTS THAT AREN'T IN THE DEFAULT LIST
Have you ever seen a really cool font and thought “hey! I wish I could use that for my story in pe2k!” and realised that it isn’t one of the default fonts? Well that doesn’t matter! Many other fonts also work in the same way as the default fonts. Take Tahoma, for example. When Tahoma is selected, the BBCode should look like this;

Quote:
[ FONT="Tahoma" ] INSERT TEXT HERE [ /FONT ] *without spaces
See where Tahoma is written in brackets? (example; “Tahoma”) All you need to do is replace the font name with another font of your choice. Make sure to use capitals where needed, or it might not work!
The font also needs to be installed on your computer before you can see it. So if you can't see the one below, it's obviously not installed!

Like this!

Quote:
[ FONT=”Traveling _Typewriter” ] INSERT TEXT HERE [ /FONT ] *without spaces

USING TRANSPARENT TEXT
For some reason or another - such as when indenting is not enough - you may wish to hide the colour of periods or hyphens indefinitely. This can be done by calling on a colour BBCode and editing the colour name within so that it is labelled 'transparent'. Example;

Quote:
[ COLOR="Black" ] ---------- [/COLOR ] INSERT TEXT HERE *without spaces
Where the word 'Black' is placed, we are now going to enter 'Transparent'.

Quote:
[ COLOR="Transparent" ] ---------- [ /COLOR ] INSERT TEXT HERE *without spaces
See below? The hyphens have completely disappeared! Now you are able to place words anywhere you like!

Quote:
----------INSERT TEXT HERE

G U I D E S
Below is a list of helpful resources to get you started. Make sure to take a look!

HELP IS ALWAYS NEEDED!
Want to help out? Sure! We’d love to see everyone contributing to the forum! Just send a PM to one of our friendly moderators (listed below) with either a link to a guide you’ve posted, a link to some other guide you found, or just to tell us advice in general! The same goes for tips and suggestions. Just PM/VM a friendly mod. =)

PEOPLE TO CONTACT

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 11-18-2012 at 07:19 AM.