Thread: [Gen 5] B/W UU....Thing.
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
White Knight Offline

Default B/W UU....Thing.

UU THING
by White Knight

Introduction
So I registered at the New Trainer's, but I wanted to try making a team and stuff. I like UU, so I went with that. This team started as a complete fail, but after some trial and error I've come up with a team that is slightly less fail. With my limited battle skills, I peaked at about 2000 on PO (I know, don't laugh! D:) and TUST suggested that I should write this up and post this. And with that I give you my UU...thing. xD It's got no theme, it's just kinda "Let's see what works and scrap what doesn't."

Team Building Process

When I first looked up some common UU mons, Nidoking came up. So I decided to use him as a special sweeper, sounded funny when I heard about it but seemed to work well.

Then I needed a physical sweeper, so I looked around for that too. Yet again, I trolololol'd when I saw Azumarill, but get Huge Power and throw it a Choice Band BOOM! 597 attack. It's a monster.

After that I looked around for leads. In the beginning, I had a BP Ninjask, but I couldn't predict well enough to pull him off. Looking for offensive leads that didn't require too much set up, I went for an Ambipom. He does his job well, and I like bringing him out, Fake Out, then gtfo. :D

Walls. Walls walls walls walls walls. I'm no good predicting, so I try to use walls that stalemate the others and make em switch out. For a special wall, I tried Registeel. He may not have any direct recovery, but he's bulky enough to get the job done. My rock user as well as my T-wave spammer.

So then I needed a physical wall. I tried a lot of mons in this slot, including Slowbro, Suicune, and some other stuff. Then I battled this dude on PO with a kick-@$$ Gastrodon, that took all my hits and wiped me out. I had to have it, so it became my new physical wall. The water resistance is nice too.

Finally, my other two sweepers were getting knocked out really fast and I figured I needed another. In came Honchkrow. I had Houndoom, but Honchkrow just works so much better. He comes in, sweeps, then smokes a cigar owns until his counter(s) come in and he runs like a sissy. xDDDD

Under the Microscope
Ambipom (F) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Payback

My usual lead. First move she Fake Out's, usually pretty strong from gem and Technician. If she's fked, runs away with U-Turn. A lot of times people switch in Ghosts for turn one, thinking they're so smart, but that's why Payback is there. I look for Ghosts in the beginning, usually Payback first. Taunt is Taunt, stops a lot of obnoxious Deoxys-D and other stuff. I need to get better at Taunt; I always use it when they stop using status. >_>
EV's are inclined towards FO and leave, relies on outspeeding to do damage before it dies. Not sure what changes to make, if any.

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Physical sweeper. Predictable but devastating at the same time. EVs were an experiment, not too sure if they're paying off. Didn't expect her to outspeed many people anyways, so I wasn't sure if the speed was necessary. If I need to speed I can usually go with Aqua Jet anyways. Looking for a way to stop Milotic/Slowbro switch ins which totally tank and ruin anything I've done. Moves are fairly simple, not sure if I wanna switch Superpower for something because it hasn't done anything but put tiny dents in Steelix.

Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Toxic

Fun time! Switch into a Slowbro, spam Stockpile, Recover when necessary, then Scald until no tomorrow. Special wall, toxic for any other stall war. However, he's kind of screwed once someone else poisons him and I hate when they let me set up then Shaymin comes in and I have to run away. Looking for Shaymin counter, because for now the only way I can get rid of em is to get Nidoking in and spam Ice/Flamethrower. Not too effective when they outspeed me. :c

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

Lol he's a troll. A big one. Switches in on Shaymin or Slowbro, takes the Toxic, T-waves, Rocks, then Seismic Tosses until they die. Considering Toxic over Iron Head because in most cases anything that I would be using Iron Head on are usually packing an Earthquake, the bane of his existence. Fairly standard, taken straight off of Smogon. Not sure who to replace him with, as he hasn't proved to be too good as a wall because of his lack of recovery.

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Retaliate

Fun stuff over here. Although he usually dies pretty fast, the damage he does while living is pretty epic. Super Luck has helped me multiple times with Night Slash and stuff. Retaliate is more of a filler, although I have used it once or twice. Brave Bird and Superpower are common stuff, yes? Not sure if there's anything a bit less frail to put here instead that can still pack this much punch.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Special sweeper. You have no idea how many people forfeit from this monster. Everyone thinks its Choiced, since Sheer Force prevents Life Orb damage. Total monster with BoltBeam and Flamethrower, Earth Power for STAB. Maybe modest on here, but already hits ~60% on Milotic and Slowbro with Tbolt. Everything here's not unusual, no idea why I chose Def over HP.

Conclusion
SO THAT'S MY TEAM. It's not great, I know, and I could really use some tips on how to improve it. Thanks for reading my RMT, sorry that it's so short ;~;

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP