View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Tasogares Red Mist Offline

Default Re: Main storyline with Unova Pokemon only - good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
I was reminded of the time I started playing R/B in the first generation. The "oh hey, something appeared! I wonder what it does?" scenario- that uncertain and adventurous feeling- was constantly maintained throughout the game. I also noticed that this time they didn't litter the entire region with a bunch of commons and designate a few different rares in each location. Instead, they designated each Pokemon to only one or two locations in the entire region and always updated the roster for wilds, keeping something new for every next route. Except for Audino, but everyone loves to beat the stuffing out of it anyway.
I agree with that ^.

But I still do dislike not having any of my older pokemon at all. I also like how involved Team Plasma was, and how often I fought my *cough* Rivals *cough*. That made it feel more believable, even if they were just fodder for my first slot pokemon lol.

Leveling was also extremely easy in this game, which I saw as a double-edged sword. It took the challenge away from the game almost entirely. Yet it was also better than grinding for untold amounts of hours against pokemon that gave only 10 percent of what Audino gave lol.

<3 Audino, papa's brand new punching bag.