View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Gmandiddy vs Tsuna

The audience gave a generous round of applause as two trainers entered the arena. From the door on the left came gmandiddy, one of the ASB’s leading business owners. He was followed by a Spiritomb, who whispered words in an indecipherable language. From the other door came his opponent, Tsuna. This trainer, who was also a business owner as well as running his own Gym, had chosen a Darmanitan as his pokémon. The crowd had split the moment they entered, half cheering for each competitor – it would be interesting to see how their opinions changed as the battle went on. I looked at the battle information on the screen to my left. This would be a single battle and each trainer would use two pokémon – a fairly simple battle. It would be fun to watch, if nothing else. I blew my whistle and the contestants gave out the battle-orders. It was time to get this show on the road.

Round One

gmandiddy

[Mrs Thousand Spirit] Spiritomb (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Muttering to herself
Moves: Rain Dance ~ Sucker Punch

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Eager for a good fight
Moves: Work Up ~ Fire Punch

Darmanitan moved first, having an obvious speed advantage. He began to pound the arena’s floor with his long arms and started screeching. A red aura grew around the screaming ape as he continued his violent outburst. He could feel his muscles swelling and his anger growing, allowing him to hit harder than before. He stopped and smiled at Mrs Thousand Spirit, ready to strike her down.

The Spiritomb also took the opportunity to set up for later. A ring of water surrounded the ghost for a brief moment before spiralling skywards. It quickly passed the top of the stadium and reached the layer of cloud above. I sighed and got out an umbrella from under my seat – it was a good thing the referees are equipped for things like this. The ring of water exploded in the clouds, sending a torrent of water back down again. Darmanitan looked up, puzzled by this. He knew that this amount of water would hinder him if he tried to use attacks of his own nature. Nevertheless, this wouldn’t dampen his spirits – he would persevere.

Fire began to form around one of his fists and he rushed forwards, expecting to land a quick hit on his opponent. However, before he could do so, Mrs Thousand Spirit was beside him and a shadowy fist knocked him to the ground. He growled and looked up and the Spiritomb, who was looking as smug as a faceless creature can. His blood began to boil – this wasn’t his idea of fun.

He swung his fist, which was still blazing with fire. It connected with the ghost’s stone base so that she shook and was forced to move backwards. The crowd roared, spurred on by the amount of action. Darmanitan allowed the flames to go out and stood himself back up again. The two pokémon circled each other, waiting for more orders to go for it again. Neither was feeling much worse yet – they were only getting started.

gmandiddy

[Mrs Thousand Spirit] Spiritomb (F)

HP: 91%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Wanting to get back into the battle

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

HP: 90%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Not too pleased; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack

Notes
Work Up- (Darmanitan -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack)
Rain Dance- (Spiritomb -7% Energy; rain is in effect)
Sucker Punch- (Spiritomb -6% Energy; Darmanitan -10% HP)
Fire Punch- (Darmanitan -8% Energy; Spiritomb -9% HP)

Arena Notes
It is raining

Team Notes
gmandiddy
2 pokémon remaining
Tsuna
2 pokémon remaining