View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Saraibre Ryu vs. Mizuki Emi

If I see one more grassy field in these battles I will kill someone.

That's what I thought as I looked at Saraibre Ryu and Mizuki Emi, both of whom were decent friends of mine, I thought, ready to engage in friendly skirmish by exploiting the talents of their large red-and-yellow-and-black-and-purple spider and their fluffy frilly egg-bearing pink puffball respectively. I was leaning back in my lawnchair, considering putting in a motion for grassy fields to be banned from the arena roster. There just was so little originality involved.

Anyway, I was sitting on my lawnchair, sipping a banana smoothie with my trusty Raichu by my side, wearing his sunglasses like the boss he was, ready to help me ref this bad boy. We watched the Araidos and the Blissey glare at each other warily, poised to strike at any time. This was a promising battle for such a boring field.

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Thunder Wave ~ Minimize

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Ability: Insomnia
Energy: 100%
Status: A bit freaked out by the crazy amounts of cuteness happening here.
Double Team ~ Agility

Round One

Blissey acted first. She wasn't ready to go on the offensive, so she began to rub her fuzzy paws together, creating enough static to make a Mareep jealous. She directed this static into a jolt at Shayda, causing the Araidos to jerk in surprise. The jolt wasn't excruciating, but it stung, and what's more it filled her limbs with an odd tingly numbness. She wasn't looking forward to moving.
[Thunder Wave: Blissey, -4% Energy]

However, Shayda wasn't going to give up. She began to scuttle about erratically, moving so quickly that her outline seemed to shimmer and blur. When she stopped, Blissey gaped in horror - two creepy bugs were leering at her with soulless insect eyes. She shuddered at the thought of trying to fight both of them at once.
[Double Team: Shayda, -3% Energy]

Blissey knew that now would be the best possible time for a move such as the one she was about to perform. Curling her back and sucking in her impressive gut, she began to focus on becoming smaller. It definitely worked - she became a good couple of inches shorter, and slimmer too. She would be hard to hit, thought Shayda in annoyance.
[Minimize: Blissey, -2% Energy, +1 EVA]

Shayda was ready to give herself another boost, when - uh-oh. She was unable to move, her legs locked in place. She struggled to get going but couldn't; all she could do was hiss in frustration while Blissey looked on in amusement.
[Agility (PAR): Shayda, -2% Energy]

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Energy: 94%

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Ability: Insomnia
Energy: 95%

Ref Notes
Shayda's Par Rolls were 7 and 98; 1-50 and 1-75 making her immobile.
Blissey is faster than Araidos!?

Mizuki Ezmi, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 10-24-2011 at 10:00 PM.