View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Sammy0295 vs Gamndiddy

A gentle wind blew over the field, but otherwise it was just as boring as every other field I’d ever had to referee a battle on. At least the pokémon in battle looked interesting. Firstly, there was Tsali the Dragonite, who was currently standing poised and ready to take off as soon as the battle began. Against her would be a Spiritomb, who bore the name Mrs Thousand Spirits; she was glaring at the dragon and muttering something under her breath. Looking forward to the battle ahead, I blew my whistle and let the madness unfold.

Round One

gmandiddy

[Mrs Thousand Spirits] Spiritomb (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Talking to herself
Moves: Snatch ~ Curse

sammy0295

[Tsali] Dragonite (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Ready to fly
Moves: Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Rush

As soon as she heard the sound of the whistle, Tsali shot upwards into the air. As she ascended, purple fire flared up around her, making her look like a comet. Then, while she was in midair, she dived down while twisting, allowing blood to rush to her muscles. She swept around Mrs Thousand Spirits, drawing a ring in the grass where draconic fire had scorched it. Feeling power surge through her, she moved back into the sky, where it was safer for her.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t safe enough. Dark energy swirled around Mrs Thousand Spirits, gradually forming a lasso-shaped tentacle. She lashed out with this tentacle and it flew towards Dragonite, who tried to get away from it. Despite her best efforts, the energy managed to wrap around her tail before she got away. With the rope now in place, Spiritomb now pulled back, tearing off Tsali’s aura of flame, and absorbed the power her opponent had gained. It didn’t do much for her, but it kept her opponent from hitting any harder.

Tsali wasn’t too worried by the loss of her extra power; she knew that she could take down the ghost without it anyway. More fire, a hotter, more ferocious type this time, flared around the dragon and she shot towards Mrs Thousand Spirits. The Spiritomb watched the approach casually for a second, before moving to the side. Tsali shot past, not having seen the ghost’s move. However, she was able to loop around again and make a second charge. This time, she smashed the collection of spirits in the back, making her quiver slightly.

However, she wasn’t too badly shaken up to make her next move. A black aura enshrouded the ghost as she began to chant an ancient spell, a sacrificial curse designed to destroy the opponent at the cost of weakening the user. The aura around Mrs Thousand Spirits spiked out as she gave out a bone-chilling scream. Before anyone knew what was happening, Tsali was also screaming and had a matching black aura. The Dragonite wailed as the world around her became warped and twisted. Everything went black for a moment and when she came around she was on the ground with a horrible pain in her head. Things didn’t seem to be going well.

gmandiddy

[Mrs Thousand Spirits] Spiritomb (F)

HP: 35%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Pleased, despite the damage she’s taken; +1 Attack, +1 Speed

sammy0295

[Tsali] Dragonite (F)

HP: 75%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Not sure what’s happening; Cursed

Notes
Snatch- (Spiritomb -4% Energy)
Dragon Dance- (Dragonite -4% Energy; Spiritomb +1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Dragon Rush- (Rolled 8/100, 75 or less to hit; rolled 8/10, 2 or less to flinch; Dragonite -8% HP; Spiritomb -15% HP)
Curse- (Assumed 50%; Spiritomb -13% Energy, -50% HP; Dragonite Cursed)
Curse- Dragonite -25% HP)
Snatch and Dragon Dance were put in the wrong order to make it easier for me to write the round.

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
gmandiddy
6 pokémon remaining
sammy0295
6 pokémon remaining