Thread: Rate my Team?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Rate my Team?

Side Note: First things first. I’m very new to 5th gen. battling. So do not go to the extremes with me. (ie. - “You shoulda known _______ is super common and would rip your team to shreds, what were you thinking?” Kidding of course, most of you guys are nice anyway.) I realize there might be a few errors here and there, but please tell me your opinions and everything. What’s good and bad. Like I’ve mentioned before, I don’t know what’s common and what isn’t. Regardless, I hope I explain all of this clearly for you guys and my stand point on this team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-U-turn
-Fire Punch

The “lead” of my team, Jirachi is to be an offensive lead. Most importantly, spreading paralysis with Body Slam. Hopefully to help set up a few sweeps for the others if need be. (I’m not too sure if I should have Stealth Rock on this set, or what to replace for it if I do.)

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid
252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-HP Fire
-Recover

Latios is to punch holes into the other team and to, hopefully, knock out a few counters for the others.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Bold / Rain Dish
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Speed
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Ice Beam

As for Tentacruel, I feel like he may be the weakest link of my team. I do need a defensive Pokemon. But, seeing how Tentacruel is mostly Toxic Spikes when I want to spread paralysis... Honestly, I just don’t want another weakness to ground on the team.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Adamant / Iron Fist
208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Speed
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hammer Arm
-Shadow Punch

Like Latios, another Pokemon to literally punch holes into the other team. Why use Golurk when he’s UU? Personally, I really like him as a Pokemon and wanted to see if I could get him to work either way. (I mean, he does have a pretty good Attack stat, might as well try. Aha...)

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Timid
252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower

Zoroark is to set up and sweep, disguised as Toxicroak. The idea behind this was to seem like Toxicroak’s Nasty Plot set, hopefully to lure in physical walls upon the switch. Zoroark is also another one of my new favorite Pokemon this gen, however, if it comes down to it, he may end up being cut. (But, I'd still like to try and get him to stay, regardless.)

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Adamant / Dry Skin
244 HP/ 252 Atk/ 12 Def
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch

Toxicroak was meant to help Golurk out a little bit, being able to take water and grass type moves. I also needed a Pokemon that could still help out for the rain dance teams.

Other than the concerns stated above, I do know I need help with the weather teams, seeing as how abundant they are now. Also, if you read through all of this, seriously, thank you. :'3

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790