View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Aquablast vs benmac

A battlefield in the sky was to host the day’s battle. I looked down on the trainers from my referee’s podium, weighing them up in my head. On the one hand, there was Aquablast and his Aerodactyl; the flying-type seemed perfectly poised to make the most of the air space which surrounded the arena. On the other hand, there was benmac and his Cranidos, who was set to dominate the ground part of the arena. The two ancient pokémon locked eyes with each other and got ready for the battle ahead. Not wanting to keep the crowd waiting any longer, I blew my whistle so that the match could begin.

Round One

Aquablast

Aerodactyl (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: The lord of the skies
Moves: Sky Attack ~ Hyper Beam

benmac

Cranidos (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: The king of the earth
Moves: Zen Headbutt/Chip Away ~ Assurance/Chip Away

And it got off to a flying start. An aura of blinding white light surrounded Aerodactyl as he shot upwards into the sky. He circled the battlefield once to build up speed before swooping down towards Cranidos. Moving at blistering speeds, Aerodactyl crashed into the dinosaur, knocking him off of his feet. The rock-type wailed as pain shot through his system; it wasn’t that he hadn’t been expecting pain, but this was too much. He started taking deep breaths. Taking so much damage in one hit hadn’t been part of the plan. Anger seared through every inch of his body – he wanted revenge.

Energy rushed to his head, turning it from blue to pink. He got to his feet unsteadily, still feeling shaken after the last attack. He charged at Aerodactyl, who watched him approach with a contemptuous smile across her face, as if wondering what damage he could possibly do. The dinosaur’s head connected with the pterosaur’s belly, making the flying fossil hit the ground for a while. However, he was soon back in the air and ready to make his next attack.

Flapping hard to get away from Cranidos, Aerodactyl began to store energy in his mouth. A ball of glowing white energy formed inside his mouth and grew until it held enough power to deal a fair amount of damage. A shudder ran through the fossil’s body as he manipulated the energy – it was costing more energy than it normally would have done thanks to the last attack weakening him a little. It wasn’t too much trouble, but it was annoying. He reformed the energy into a beam, which fired straight for Cranidos. The dinosaur looked straight into it, knowing that it could well mean the end for him. But, just as the beam was about to hit, there was a flash of light and a seven-foot mound of steel and rock appeared in front of the struggling creature; the beam struck this new pokémon on his rock-plated chest, which absorbed the impact of the attack. Once the attack was over, I recalled my Aggron and put away the poké ball. Cranidos had already sustained as much damage as was allowed so I’d had to step in to stop any more damage being caused. Cranidos looked at me, relieved; he needed to act drastically if he wanted to win this.

Black energy began to appear around his body, most obviously around his claws. A growl rose from the depths of his throat, making Aerodactyl falter for a moment. The dinosaur leapt forwards and slashed his darkened claws across the bird’s rocky chest. The pterodactyl squawked indignantly and kicked backwards off of the other ancient fossil, choosing to hover a safe distance away rather than stay in the danger zone. Standing as steadily as he could, Cranidos watched his opponent warily; he knew that this would already be over if the rules allowed it. This didn’t look good for him – he just hoped that the next round would be kinder than this one.

Aquablast

Aerodactyl (M)

HP: 76%
Energy: 51%
Condition: Eager to get this finished; Next action consumes double energy

benmac

Cranidos (M)

HP: 50%
Energy: 58%
Condition: Hoping for better luck in the next round

Notes
Sky Attack- (Critical Hit; rolled 29/100, 90 or less to hit; rolled 9/10, 3 or less to flinch; Aerodactyl -11% Energy; Cranidos -50% HP)
Zen Headbutt-(Rolled 88/100, 90 or less to hit; rolled 5/10, 2 or less to flinch; Cranidos -18% Energy; Aerodactyl -15% HP)
Hyper Beam- (Rolled 75/100, 90 or less to hit; Aerodactyl -38% Energy)
Assurance- (Cranidos -26% Energy; Aerodactyl -19% HP)

Arena Notes
None