View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

Default Re: Individual RP: Speed-X

OOC: Wow, great battle post! :) Gender of Buneary?

Ranger Elisa Fleming

BP#1

"Sure, I don't see why not. Buneary will end up knowing some pretty decent moves when it evolves, so it'd be great for any other park runs I end up making." The energetic, little bunny looked up at the trainer expectantly. It took her a few seconds to decide on which Pokemon she would send out into combat.

She quickly unclipped a red-and-white orb from the side of her bag, calmly pressing the center button. With a flash of bright light, the sphere snapped open to release its inhabitant. The erratic shimmering beam shot upwards into the air, pushing the creature with it. A Flygon soon materialized from the glowing silhouette, wings flapping cheerfully and everything. She spread her wings and soared into the sky, going round and round joyfully.

"Okay, Sakyuu. We probably need to be a little more careful this time," Subayai told her partner. "Try starting out with a Supersonic in order to disorient Buneary a little bit - make sure to try to get your aim right, because Buneary could probably dodge it pretty easily. And if it's not too much of a hassle, maybe you could try a Sand-Attack afterwards for a double-whammy?"

A lot of trainers often started out with trying to inflict a status ailment upon their opponent - and this case was no exception. Confusion wasn't one of the major status conditions, yet it was still very helpful in battle (unless, of course, if your Pokemon was the one who was confused). There was just something a little off or weird about Supersonic - most people believed that the move could be evaded if the target was quick enough. I didn't think this was right because any entity couldn't possibly dodge sound, could they? After all, the attack was a sound-based move - much like echolocation.

The Ground-Dragon-type let out a shrill growl of acknowledgement, then proceeded to flap her wings swiftly. Due to the rapid friction of moving her wings in that manner, large, faint blue circles appeared in front of them. More waves continued to originate from the movements. She then directed this barrage of sound streaks at the opponent, following it up with a high-pitched stream of noise coming from her own nuzzle. The cry she emitted caused the Normal-type quite a bit of pain, due to it having sensitive hearing. The noise echoed around the area, spreading like a wildfire. My hands shot up to cover my own ears. My vision began to cloud up; my head began to ache. Colors and objects swirled around. I couldn't believe I was the one getting dizzy. I was certain, however, that the Rabbit Pokemon was very much dazed and confused, too.

<AAARGH!!!> Archer screamed out in his head, which meant that he was shouting out in agony in my head, as well thanks to the telepathic mind-link. As if my ears weren't already ringing from the Mystic Pokemon's ear-splitting assault. I quickly retrieved his Pokeball from my brown satchel. He was sucked back into the orb with a zig-zagging beam of red light. I had done, not only my Gallade a huge favor, but also my own self.

Sakyuu then proceeded to perform the second part of the combo to complete it. She lowered herself down until she was near enough to the ground to kick up some sand and grit. She swing her tail back and forth against the dirt trail. A cloud of dust emerged, which then became a stream. She gave it another shove of her tail, hurtling it towards the wild encounter. The sand landed smack-dab on the target's face, clouding its vision. I knew that having sand in your eyes could sting pretty badly, so I wasn't very surprised when the Buneary wailed and flinched.

It tried to avenge itself, pushing its ears up and down and trying to figure out just where its enemy was. Unfortunately (for the Normal-type, at least), confusion kicked in. It began to slap itself continuously while its eyes were still closed tightly shut. I presumed it was still hurting too much for it to open them again. I didn't know when the pain would stop, but as long as it was in that state, Subayai could probably get a pretty easy win here.

When the Rabbit Pokemon finally stopped hitting itself, it decided to curl up into a ball. It was the least it could do for itself now, what with it being confused and eyes - practically - bleeding with pain now. It glowed slightly for a few moments, and when it uncurled itself and slowly stood up again, it looked much fresher. Its guard against physical attacks was up and stronger now. Maybe, just maybe, it still stood a chance.

[center]BATTLE STATS:
Wild Buneary (?, ???)
Health: 86%
Currently Using: [none]
Last Move Used: Pound (hit self) + Defense Curl

..::VS::..

Sakyuu the Flygon (F, Jolly)
Health: 100%
Last Move Used: Supersonic + Sand Attack

Trainer Statistics:
Name: Subayai

Encounters Left: 15
Area Effects:
Pokemon Encountered: [none]
Current Encounter: Buneary (?, ???)
Pokemon Captured: [none]

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Eight Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 6346/9,000

Pokemon Stats

Sakyuu the Flygon (F) - 100%
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic|Giga Drain|Solar Beam|Flamethrower|Aerial Ace|Facade|Stone Edge|Sleep Talk|U-Turn|Substitute
<Currently Out of Ball; Currently Engaged in Battle>

Camerupt (M) - 100%
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Calm
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: [none]

Gengar (M) - 100%
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute|Thunderbolt|Psychic|Rain Dance|Taunt|Giga Drain|Ice Punch|Fire Punch|Focus Punch|Sludge Bomb|Swagger|Psych Up|Protect|Sunny Day|Thunder|Snatch|Counter|Explosion|Snore|Sleep Talk|Rest|Focus Blast|Energy Ball|Will-O-Wisp|Shadow Claw|Poison Jab|Perish Song|Haze|Icy Wind

LINKS