Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Nexen [RP]

Drauvant Domini
WAE Tungz
San Fransisco
ARPers: None.

Domini watched the truck go, unsure of whether to pursue it or simply put out a watch: old, rusty red trucks containing idiot Deviants, specifically one idiotic pale orange-haired -

Red? Orange?

Domini stopped dead and took a good look around. He blinked once, and then it was gone, but - for who knew how long, he had seen colors without even noticing.

Damn, not again, he thought. He always saw spurts of color whenever Fury was having strong emotions, or was in trouble. But ever since looking at the redheaded boy's drawings, he had been seeing across the entire light spectrum just as sporadically. And he had sensed nothing from Fury: no rage, no sorrow, no joy, no pai-

AAAAAARGH!

The world spun in circles and turned upside-down. Domini staggered into a short alleyway and collapsed against a wall, feeling like he had been struck by a bolt of lightning. When he opened his eyes, he was alone in a world of white... except for the lioness lying on her side, looking dead, about a hundred feet away.

Domini had no time to think. He ran to his Sona's side, feeling a concern that surprised him. He put a hand on her flank - she was still breathing. Thank God.

Domini had once met with his Sona like this quite often. They had been neither in Nexen or on Earth in their minds; instead their thoughts had been somewhere in between. But they hadn't shared this space in a long, long time.

"Wake up," Domini snarled. "You won't die. How are you supposed to be the conscience I ignore if you're dead?"

Fury twitched at the sound of Domini's voice. "Don't touch me, Drauvant," she coughed. "The last person I wanted to see before I die - it's not you."

"You aren't going to die," Domini repeated angrily.

"Why do you care?" Fury shot back. "You're nothing but a WAE, Drauvant. No emotions. No soul."

The most amazing thing was that Fury's words hurt.

She grunted, then opened her eyes. Her fur was gray and plain to Domini, but her eyes were like purple lights in the darkness. "Let go of me. I have to go back, and find Cyrus."

"Cyrus?" there was that name again. "Who's Cyrus?"

"Cyrus Nelvenmig," grunted Fury, confirming Domini's suspicions.

Domini decided to hunt for more information. "Why do you need to look for him? Was he hurt?"

Fury grunted. "Probably. There was a WAE raid on Umecite. We... managed to stop most of it. But Cyrus was injured. Honestly, we were lucky that dragon was there. She saved us. She was odd-looking though: A huge, cyborg-dragon with an air of aloof in-betweenness. She was like a war machine, destroying everything in her path."

Domini stopped. Could it be the super-weapon?

Fury interrupted his thoughts with a critical glare. "What are you plotting?"

Domini didn't answer. He was coming to, looking around at the grey-bleached city. He pulled out his cellphone, ignoring the stabs of anger, then rage that came from his Sona. He had a call to make, and then he had a uniquely troublesome bunch of Deviants to stalk.

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base

Ring, ring, ring.

Teri stifled a sigh and glanced over at her cellphone, which had the name 'Mr. Domini' printed across its flashing screen. She was not in the mood for a chat with her wingnut of a partner - there was so much typing that needed to be done, so many Deviants who needed breaking, so much paperwork that needed to be filed that Teri felt like she was drowning in work. With tense shoulders she scooped up her phone, pressing the little green symbol on the screen to take the call. She wedged her phone in between her shoulder and cheek.

"What do you want, Mr. Domini?" she demanded, keeping up her fast-paced typing.

"The Umecite raid failed, Teri," said Domini without preamble.

Theresa stopped. Acursio would not be pleased. That had been an important raid, one that could weaken Umecite and potentially cripple the area. "How do you know?"

"My Sona was there," Domini replied.

"And whose side was she on?"

"Doesn't matter," Domini grunted, letting Teri know that she'd hit a nerve. "Either way, the raid was broken up by a small group of powerful Sonas - one who I know is an escapee, and another one who could potentially be the super-weapon."

"Holy hell," muttered Teri. She swiveled her chair away from the computer.

"Fury described the Sona as a 'huge, cyborg dragon' with... How did she put it? 'An air of in-betweenness'. In between WAE and Nexen. There's a possibility it's the weapon, Teri."

Theresa paused to let this sink in. "What do you want me to do?"

"Let Acursio know that the raid failed, and send your Sona out to check and see if it's really the super-weapon," Domini said. "Let him know about that, too."

"Fine," Teri replied, even though she preferred to keep her distance from that creepy, pale freak. She hung up, then stood and began to walk through the halls. She was fairly certain that Acursio was in some type of meeting or conference. She stopped a man in the hall and was told, "D Wing, room 003." She hurried to that meeting hall, stopping outside the door and sitting in one of the empty, hard gray chairs. She then closed her eyes to contact her Sona.

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco
ARPers: Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno).

Daniel listened as the others introduced themselves. It was odd being around them: he'd never been with other Deviants for any length of time, thanks to his parents' oppression of his creative instincts. But these people seemed different from even his barely-WAE parents. They had a life about them that Daniel had never seen before.

"It's great to meet all of you, really," he said with a smile. "Um... Where are we going?"

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Possibly Sabi (Amiel) and Araizaa (Salem).

Lousy stupid broken piece of freaking junk motorcycle I'm gonna...

Simon was not very pleased with the motorcycle, to say the least. The thing - it looked, honestly, like a giant plastic children's toy - had been spitting out black smoke for hours, but he hadn't expected it to die completely. Let alone to die, fall on its side, and make him crack his head against asphalt. For once, he was glad he had worn a helmet.

He stood up, pushing the side of the bike off of him, where it had nearly crushed his legs. He had no idea where the bike was broken, not that he had any means of fixing it since that stupid WAE guy had made him lose his tools.

Calm, Simon, The Engineer advised. You'll give yourself away, being that passionate about... a motorcycle? Isn't that that silly little wheel-device you like to sit on?

Simon sighed. The Engineer was really smart, but he was also pretty ignorant of human technology. Yes. And it's broken, meaning that I have no way to get anywhere and I'm stranded by some lousy old gas station with no way to get to Seattle but my feet and there's no way I'm doing all that walking just to go filch groceries.

Here came the sarcastic advice: Well, unless you wish to take up anorexia, you'll have to get groceries. And anyway, Seattle is our only lead about Them. He paused to think. Can't you just fix the motorcycle?

Didn't The Engineer understand? Simon wasn't even sure he wasn't being tailed, and The Engineer thought Simon was concerned with looking for Them at that point? What a laugh. No, I lost my tools when I was running from that WAE officer.

You said you're at a gas station? They might have tools.

As much as Simon hated to admit it, his Sona had a point. Maybe I - oh, geez, what's that amazing smell?

He stopped dead. The aroma of rich, warm, buttery bread had just hit his nostrils, replacing his brain with starvation and his stomach with hope. He took a step toward the gas station, which seemed to be emitting the smell. He could feel The Engineer's distraction, and since no warnings were forthcoming, he walked closer. All of his instincts were screaming 'trap', but Simon was starving. And anyway, why would someone who could cook like that, someone who was obviously a Deviant, care to set a trap for him?

Be careful, Simon, he heard The Engineer warn, but Simon was too hungry to care.

Katherine
Angelic Antisona
Inner Ianu, moving toward Umecite

Katherine heard a voice calling her from the distance. She stopped her wandering the lush Ianu fields to listen. After a moment's pause she realized that it was her WAE.

Katherine, I need a favor. Would you mind terribly heading toward the site of the planned Umecite raid? I need you to spy on the Sonas who prevented it, but not reveal yourself to them. One of them is a known fugitive and the other is potentially the super-weapon.

Katherine paused. She had heard about the dragon, but she didn't understand why it was being so ardently pursued. She was not, however, about to refuse an offer that likely ended in her getting to rip flesh. Of course I don't mind. As long as I get a chance to fight.

Later, promised Theresa, ending the contact. Katherine spread her wings wide and leaped into the wind, flapping powerfully to get to Umecite quickly. It would not do for her to miss her chance.

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Inner Enfin

Velvod. Just the word made The Engineer's coat lift. But for some reason, he had chosen to stay in Enfin, a stone's throw away from the Antitivities' stronghold. He hated the just the thought of that place and yet... It was strangely alluring to him, too.

The remainders of his left-frontal shoulder muscles twitched within their cast of shiny bronze, as though remembering the torment they'd been through at the escape from the WAE base. One leg blown off in an explosion. The wing on the same side ripped off by a panther with a serpent for a tail and diamonds for teeth. The Engineer was lucky that Simon had been able to help him create new limbs for himself, or he would never be able to become his new home's smith - and unofficial leader.

He shifted his massive weight and stared around at the tools in his forge. He had no projects to work on, no weapons or repairs needed made. He was bored, for the first time in a while. Probably because Enfin had been unusually peaceful. He had heard rumors about attempted attacks on Umecite, which made him uneasy - Umecite was well-protected, but if it was taken, all of Nexen was probably next.

Lousy stupid broken piece of freaking junk motorcycle I'm gonna...

The Engineer blinked. Simon's smoldering anger seared across his consciousness, hot even to a phoenix. The rage stood in sharp contrast with The Engineer's own calm, slow thoughts.

Calm, Simon, The Engineer advised. You'll give yourself away, being that passionate about... a motorcycle? Isn't that that silly little wheel-device you like to sit on?

He heard the mental equivalent of a sigh from his Deviant. Yes. And it's broken, meaning that I have no way to get anywhere and I'm stranded by some lousy old gas station with no way to get to Seattle but my feet and there's no way I'm doing all that walking just to go filch groceries.

And there was that anger again. The Engineer wondered why on earth Simon was so angry - he wasn't usually like this. Well, unless you wish to take up anorexia, you'll have to get groceries. And anyway, Seattle is our only lead about Them. He paused to think. Can't you just fix the motorcycle?

No, Simon replied huffily, I lost my tools when I was running from that WAE officer.

Frankly, The Engineer had no idea what Simon was talking about, but it wasn't surprising. Perhaps, reasoned The Engineer, Simon's anger was caused by fear of pursuit. You said you're at a gas station? They might have tools.

Good point... Simon seemed loath to let go of his anger. Maybe I - oh, geez, what's that amazing smell?

The Engineer was about to say that he really had no idea what that amazing smell was, when he heard a voice.

"Engineer, sir? The sentinels say that there's a couple of Sonas wandering our tunnels."

The Engineer turned to see Lancel, a young boy with elvish ears, almond-shaped eyes, and violet skin staring up at him. The boy was his apprentice as a smith.

"Fine," The Engineer replied. "Tell Devon to send someone to keep an eye on them, find out if they're Antisonas or on our side. Tell them to report to me once they find out anything."

Lancel nodded and ran off, leaving The Engineer to his and to Simon's thoughts. The boy was wandering toward the back of the gas station, following the aroma of bread. Be careful, Simon, warned The Engineer quietly. Simon gave no reply.

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
Angry Magical-Sonas
Umecit.
ARPers: Those fighting the Antivity.

"Fury! Wake up!"

Cyrus was pressed up against Fury, shoving his muzzle against hers, snarling into her ears. The huge, robotic dragon's fall had shocked him out of his stupor and he was trying desperately to awaken his friend.

"Cyrus, you're hurting me," Fury complained quietly. She opened her eyes - those rich, violet eyes that had drawn Cyrus to her like a moth to flame from the start. It was all Cyrus could do not to shiver with relief and joy.

"Thank you for your help," the dragon addressed everyone. "Is everyone all right?"

"Be fine," Fury replied with slurred speech. "Where's... tank?"

"Our friend here," he flicked his tail toward the gargoyle, who seemed to be paying attention to the weird blue ball and the three humans, "fell on it and crushed it."

"Oh." Fury paused, her brow creased as though she was fighting to remember something. "Oh, no. Cyrus."

"What's the matter?" Cyrus asked.

"Drauvant..." Fury was shaking with fear and rage. "I told him we staved off the raid - about the whole fight. He knows our position, everything.

Cyrus frowned; this was no good. He told Fury he'd be back and don't move, and then walked over to the dragon, who seemed to be in charge. "Excuse me."

OOC: Seven pages in word. With 10-point font. X'D

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D