View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default The Trials of an Ex-Pokémon Fan

What's this story about? Imagine bullying a Pokémon fan.

Now imagine being sucked into a Pokémon region you've never heard of.

Chapter Index

Just for size, I decided to put this in spoiler tags. :3

Quote:
Chapter 0

No hates to be cliché more than I, but I cannot refrain from saying the phrase "everything changed" March 6th, 2011. What happened that day, might you ask? That was the day Pokémon Black and White Versions came out.

Now, you might be asking a few things. To whom this might concern: I am from a world where Pokémon do not exist. I wish to assure the reader - despite the world of residence - that a world of Pokémon exists and that a world without Pokémon also exists. What I really want to say is that I was taken from my world and placed into the world of Pokémon, all because I bullied a kid in my English class because of his "obsession" to what was just assumed to be a franchise. I will tell you this just once: it is not just some multimillion dollar company that sits towards the top of the Nintendo corporation. It is far more than just that. You may never believe me, but it's true.

People who read this coming from the Pokémon world may not understand, so let me first explain. The Pokémon franchise began in a country we in our world know to be Japan, in the year 1995. It began with two video games for the Game Boy Color, Pokémon Green and Red Versions, developed by a man named Satoshi Tajiri. Eventually, Blue and Yellow came out, and soon gained international fame once it came to another country, America, in the guise of Blue and Red, and eventually Yellow as well. Over the course of the next sixteen years, the company expanded another four generations. When it first started out, there were only 150 Pokémon. Even after the announcement of the 151st, the franchise expanded greatly expanded by another 498 Pokémon. From the games also yielded a television show, a card game, various manga, movies and fan merchandise. To say that it was wildly successful is an understatement.

Now, how can a world of Pokémon exist, one might ask? How can a world without Pokémon exist? Well, that's the question. I don't know. I don't think I'll ever know. I especially can't answer that question given the fact that I abandoned Pokémon right around the coming of the third generation of Pokémon, partially because Misty left the television show towards the end of the second generation and because the third generation looked really off. And all of that made coming to the Unova region - what I soon learned was the fifth generation - all the more difficult and mind-blowing.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 04-15-2012 at 08:02 AM.