View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Are Sonic's best days gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post

@ Pe2k - Well, I willingly admit they're no more amazing. Funny how an argument SEGA listening a little more to their fans than many other companies has devolved into Mario and Sonic dying.

Then again, people have no taste anymore. There is really no story behind Call of Duty, and I fail to see the appeal -.-'
I do not consider that the reason it is a dying genre. Consider this. It is predicted that Microsoft will buy Nintendo. Sony is very close to bankruptcy. Japanese game industries are going under. SEGA filed for bankruptcy.

Now let's look at other gaming companies like DICE, Activision, EA, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Ubisoft, Microsoft, 343 Industries, Bungie, Bioware, Blizzard, Lucas Arts. These companies are doing relatively well.

It is difficult to follow the story of Call of Duty because two series of Call of Duty are run by two different game companies (Infinity Ward and Treyarch). Infinity Ward's acclaimed success, Modern Warfare, has a very deep and disturbing story. Treyfail's Call of Duty's have very little story, and their recent attempt at one failed.

I don't think Sonic is a bad game, but I am just calling it as I see it.