View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: thornzion vs Terminal Gym Leader paperfairy (Velly!)

When a fight is just plain wrong, we all sing the curbstomp song!

From his special leader box ten feet in the air, Justin - the mighty fairy of paper - shot me a dirty look. I stifled a sigh. So boring. No singing was apparently allowed in his Terminal Gym. He wouldn't be so haughty if he weren't stuck in a stupid creaky folding chair like me. Besides, that song certainly came to mind when I looked at the Weavile Justin had sent out and the Eevee his challenger, thornzion, had seen fit to pit against it. However, I knew that in this gym, evolution was no advantage. Each side was dealt a fair hand and the playing field was pretty much level. The two Trainers could not rely on evolution to give their Pokemon the upper hand - only their own quick wits.

"Well, get on with it!" I snapped, still irritated at Justin. "None of us are getting any younger - except the Pokemon, in a freaky sort of way."

paperfairy

[-] Weavile (M)
Ability: Pressure
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Snatch ~ Ice Punch

thornzion

[Skittles] Eevee (M)
Ability: Adaptability
Energy: 100%
Substitute ~ Shadow Ball/Trump Card

Round One

Feeling a bit nervous as Weavile fixed his red glare right on him, Skittles began to summon up some energy from within, projecting it into thin air. The energy formed a wispy cloud that glowed faint white. Before the Trainers' eyes the cloud began to take the shape of an Eevee, but Weavile's jewel flashed and it ran forward, gathering the cloud in its white claw before running back to its position and releasing the cloud. Immediately, the energy formed the crude, dully-colored image of a Weavile, which stood directly in front of Weavile - the same protective copy that Skittles had wanted for himself.
[Substitute: Skittles, -1% HP, -1% Energy]
[Snatch: Weavile, -1% Energy]

Weavile didn't hesitate to make his next move. He ran forward again, raising a white fist, which immediately began to glow with a shimmering cyan aura. A halo of frost formed on his hand before forming into a multitude of sharp, jagged ice spikes. Weavile slammed this fist across Skittles's face like an ice-coated mace, sending the little Eevee skidding across the sleek black floor. A cruel smirk crossed Weavile's face.
[Ice Punch: Weavile, -9% Energy; Skittles, -16% HP]

Skittles shook his head and stood up, growling and baring his tiny teeth. Deciding that since his substitute was not his, almost as if it were broken, he would go with a nice Shadow Ball, he opened his jaws. A small, dark-purple sphere formed there, pulsating with evil energy. The sphere expanded before rocketing at Weavile. The substitute shambled forward to intercept - and was promptly destroyed. Skittles smirked, knowing that his opponent no longer had a place to hide - not that he seemed to need it.
[Shadow Ball: Sub, -8% HP; Skittles, -18% Energy]

paperfairy

[-] Weavile (M)
Ability: Pressure
Energy: 90%

thornzion

[Skittles] Eevee (M)
Ability: Adaptability
Health: 84%
Energy: 81%

Ref Notes
Ice Punch's Crit Roll was 27; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Ice Punch's Effect Roll was 92; 1-10 for Freeze.

paperfairy, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D