From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

It's undeniable that Robert Frost (having written "Fire and Ice", arguably his most famous poem) is one of my biggest role models when it comes to poetry. Having written some of the most incredible poetry of the twentieth century, I take his lessons into the twenty-first with modern perspective. As the world around us evolves, what else do we have to look to but our future and how close we graze up against success and failure without going completely out of control? Covering all topics and poetry of all kinds and sorts, this thread is dedicated to our dreams; nightmares, hopes and aspirations, broken dreams, and more. In Greek Mythology, the Oneiroi were the winged gods of dreaming and helped people do just that when they fell asleep. When they left their home (Erebos) to go about their duties, they either passed through a gate of horn or a gate of ivory. If the god passed through the gate of horn, the dream they were carrying conveyed meaning and messages from the gods. If the god passed through the gate of ivory, the dream was instead considered false and meaningless.

Just a little bit about me and I'll let you go: I am a published poet. Fun fact, I've been published three times by BookInADay and soon to be an additional time by my school's literary magazine, and I've participated in some competitive poetry slamming. I've been writing poetry like crazy since the age of ten, and I started writing prose since I was twelve. If I had a partner in crime from this forum, so to speak, it would most likely be Focal (back when he was Robert the War Lord); so if you see a few similarities between this thread and his, they are intentional. (:

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 04-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.