Condition: Hurt and tired
Moves: Scald ~ Scald

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 65%
Energy: 57%
Condition: Preparing to end the duel; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed
Moves: Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam

Ocea knew by now that her time was nearly up, but she wasn’t going to go quietly. She took in as much water as she possibly could and warmed it up inside her mouth to the point where she could barely stand it any longer. Then she spat it out so that it moved as one torrent, smashing Serenity into the ice that surrounded them. The crowd cheered at the losing pokémon’s sudden surge of courage, but went quiet as Lapras pulled herself away from the hole she had made when she hit the bank of the pool. Steam curled up from the ice, obscuring the long-necked sea creature from view.

Although no one could see her, everyone knew that Serenity was preparing her next attack, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out what she would use. A flare of light shone out through the veil and blasted Ocea in the dorsal fin, making her spin and pushing her down under the water. The blast of heat and light had done a significant amount of damage to the shark’s back, but the quick exposure to cold water had prevented any lasting damage.

The Sharpedo stayed under the water for a little while, sucking in as much liquid as she could; this would be her last stand. As soon as the water was heated up enough, she shot up to the surface, her damaged dorsal fin allowing her to slice through the water with ease, and came face to face with Serenity. The Lapras didn’t have time to defend itself before Ocea unleashed the surge of boiling water at her. There were screams as the hot water covered the plesiosaur and then a soft whimper, but Velocity’s fish didn’t back down: Ocea had failed.

The end came very shortly after – a flash of light appeared between the two water-types and then Sharpedo had fainted. The crowd cheered and the cameras switched to Velocity, who grinned and bowed, obviously pleased with the result. Both pokémon were put back into their poké balls and their trainers shook hands down on the ice before leaving. I stood and stamped my feet. No wonder they wanted to get out quickly: this place was freezing. As the crowds slowly filtered out, the screen was switched off and the lights followed suit. Eventually, the arena was left, waiting for its next competitors.

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 0%
Energy: 23%
Condition: Fainted

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 43%
Energy: 41%
Condition: Glad to be finished

Notes
Scald- (Rolled 7/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Signal Beam- (Rolled 3/10, 1 to confuse; Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -15% HP)
Scald- (Rolled 4/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Signal Beam- (Rolled 10/10, 1 to confuse; Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -3% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Winnings
Velocity gains $15
Dino gains $5
I gain $20