View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pe2k Member Interviews - 21 Questions: Hosted by GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Hence why I said I use a capital P when I talk about the fandom itself, like, the concept and the brand/idea thing, but not when I say "pokemon" as "animal," ya know, like in as story. It's "The flareon threw a bath mat at another pokemon" but it would be, "I enjoy the Sonic series, but I also love the Pokemon series." Get it?
It felt weird at first for me too, but now it seems silly to capitalise it for me. xD

That's what I think is stupid about the anime/games...they don't encourage you to name your pokemon. Whereas Neopets, for instance, makes you name your neopet, and all neopets have names. They're not called "Kacheek" and "Aisha," they have names. Flareon and pikachu and archeops--they're all species names, not name names. Dx But people don't see it that way, it seems. As encouraged by the anime/games.

~GS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune
Flareon and pikachu and archeops--they're all species names, not name names. Dx
I think one of the main reasons I don't give my Pokemon names is because they don't really encourage it. XD And I get it. :P

Btw, you capitalized Flareon. XD