Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Ace Nighthare
Guardian Units of Nations
G.U.N. Combat Dragon Battleship, Near Central City

15:35

Central City was smack dab in the middle of enemy territory. The naval fleet surrounding it was the frontline defense, and it wasn't much of a defense considering civilian buildings were less than a few miles away. If anything came, we needed to shoot it down immediately, or else we were looking at a lot of possible damage to many of the structures. Considering how much abuse Central City has taken over the years, I'm surprised the whole place hasn't been militarized under martial law yet.

To the west, Orre had been completely overtaken, with Johto and Kanto in the south being brutalized by Robotnik's armies of mindless machines. We had not established a link to Sinnoh or Unova yet, and I wasn't even sure what these places were like besides what I had seen on the map. Were they even aware of what was going on? Unless we coordinated against Robotnik, I really didn't see us having a chance.

To my immediate left was the G.U.N. Platinum Star Battlecruiser, and to my right was the G.U.N. Silver Avenger Aircraft Carrier. Knowing we could be attacked at any time, we needed to keep constant lookouts until we were deployed elsewhere. The merge left the resistance divided, while it seemed Robotnik used it to his advantage considering he was the one doing all the coordination among his army. Seeing as how Robotnik wasted no time and had very little difficulty tearing other regions to shreds, we needed every bit of manpower and weaponry ready to defend Central City at any moment. In a time like this, it was perfectly acceptable to be paranoid.

In the meantime, I just kept looking out to sea, seeing nothing but an empty patch of water and waves churning the water. I knew I was going to need to take a break soon. After a while, I start hallucinating things if it gets to be over four hours of this.

"Still no sighting," I spoke into the radio as I kept on sentry duty. "Anything on sonar or radar?"

"That's a negative, out."

I hated this calm before the storm feeling. I had only just recently seen the report regarding how Robotnik dealt with this Kanto region in the south, and it was just brutal. Whoever wasn't killed was turned into a clanky, mindless machine to carry out his every whim, sent off to be destroyed by the ones that were once their allies. All communication was lost and now trying to even get close to there was a suicide mission.

It made me pissed. What was Robotnik even going to do with a conquered world anyway? Throw a toga party with his machines and then realize he had sent himself on the train to never-ending boredom? Either that, or he'd find some other civilized planet to target and harass. He conquered just for conquering's sake. There was no other legitimate reason. And to me, anyone who does that is a psychopath.

It was at that moment that I was approached by a squirrel named Switch, already gritting his teeth at nothing. His G.U.N. uniform was a bit tattered, likely a result of the cataclysmic world fusion.

"That maniac," Switch growled, joining me on the bow of the ship as I continued lookout. "Can't even give us a minute to recover from the merge..."

"Which is why we'd be morons to fight him honorably," I told him, still keeping a lookout. "Don't wait for them to get back up, and shoot them in the ass if they even so think of trying to retreat. Trust me, mercy and honor weren't ever a part of their programming."

"I'll remember that," Switch replied, crossing his arms.

Still, I kept watching the ocean, not trusting it at all. We still hadn't finished all the repairs and renovations on the buildings that were damaged from the merge, and I knew Robotnik would try to attack in our moment of recovery.

I had every intention of punishing him for even thinking it.