Thread: [Contest] [WAR XI] Graphic Art
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [WAR XI] Graphic Art

WEEK 1 JUDGING RESULTS

I'd have to say, I'm impressed. Great stuff, a lot of it caught me by surprise. PE2K's got talent. And so here are the scores and reviews.

NUCLEAR SHOT BY LAN.EXE
SCORE: 94/100

Awesome use of fiery colors, great method of blending the two images and everything else together, and the text effects were fantastic. It's like you made the box art for the next Fallout game without a hitch. The only thing I might have changed were the tan-colored top and bottom borders. They're not bad, but maybe something like the lines of burnt/rusted metal, splatter, rubble, or something along those lines would have added to the theme, but you still did a fantastic job.

IDKMYBFFJILL BY JOKESTERJESSE
SCORE: 78/100

Not bad, I like the way you integrated the stock image into the banner. My main issue is, besides the stock image, the theme of war isn't really there. My guess is the green clouds could probably be chemical gas, but that's kind of me using my imagination and I'm not really sure that's the kind of thing you were going for. And yeah, the text is hard to spot at first. Still, it's a decently made banner and has some pretty nice abstract effects going on in the background.

TO PROTECT OUR FAMILIES BY NITRO
SCORE: 68/100

I actually wasn't expecting something on the more sentimental side, so this was a pretty interesting surprise. Great stock image pick as well, definitely captures a different idea of the whole approach. The stock image was definitely nicely inserted into the banner, but I would have liked to see more going in the banner itself, something that makes it really eye catching and uses more in terms of color and effects. Besides the stock image, there wasn't really anything else capturing the whole war theme that I would have liked to see. I like the additional text you added in, but something to really bring out the words would have been nice to see also.

DUES TO THE DEAD BY VELOCITY
SCORE: 86/100

I'd have to say, nice use of combining drawn art with graphic art. Great use of colors, and you also used a nice sentimental approach as well. The glows and slight blurs also give it a very surreal kind of feel to it also. The sunset effect is cool, but I think another element to the background would have been neat to see, such as a mountainous countryside or maybe a continuation of the graveyard. Regardless, it's still a very well done piece.

WEEK 1 WINNERS

1st Place (3 Points) - Lan.exe of Not-So-Super Friends
2nd Place (2 Points) - Velocity of Revolution Uprising
3rd Place (1 Point) - JokesterJesse of Not-So-Super Friends

Theme for Week 2 will be up tomorrow. Cheers.