Thread: [Other] Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Kamikaze Offline

Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)

"Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.'"

"It does," the hunter nodded in agreement, regarding the summoning. "It'll take some time, but I can show you how to summon your Sacred Beast when we find somewhere more secluded. It isn't the time to reveal to the public of the Beasts' return."

Aldur couldn't agree more, though he didn't say much in reply, instead he looked in front of them, and noticed the one with the scythe, Celestine, turned around a moment to look at himself and the hunter. There was something about her gaze that unnerved him, but he decided to let it be for now, best not step on anyone's toes unless necessary.

"I would appreciate it if you could show me, or at the very least explain the process." Aldur replied, and though he didn't really need to, he gave the sun's position a quick glance, "Do you think we can make it to Oakwood before nightfall, or would you rather set up camp along the road? I'm much in favor of the later, though if we intend to make it to civilization, we might want to pick up the pace a little. Either works for me."

Ailith could feel that something was different about the black dire that was by her side. Direwolves were always strange compared to the regular packs one commonly found, but the impressive body mass aside, the blue eyes witnessed of an agile mind, and great intelligence even for one of his species. She noticed that he looked at her, and when he spoke, she were surprised indeed, for the words were uttered in the human tongue.

"Why choose the form of a wolf when you were born human?" he asked.

Ailith was quiet for a moment, partly unsure what to answer, but mostly rendered speechless from what she had just heard. When she finally found her words, she spoke them telepathically to the black canine, hoping he could hear her and not block her out.

"Because the wolves live in the present. They remember the past, they anticipate the future, but ultimately, it is the present that matters. Time is a concept of mankind, wolves have no need for minutes, hours or years. When I change into another form, I slowly gain some of the new shape's psyche, this is why most druids stay too long in one shape and then have no wish, and no need to change back into human form." She began, contemplating how much of her past she wanted to reveal. "As a human, I retain some of this mentality when I change back, but it is much stronger in this form. I have done things in the past, made decisions that can never be undone. And living in the present means I can focus on what is important, and not lose myself in long gone events that will forever remain unchangeable."

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus[NPC]), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)

"There is a difference between finding trouble in your path and going out of your way searching for it."

From the Captain, Darios only received a brief nod, though Agana, always quick to comment spoke in her stead.

"Brave enough to join us?" She teased with a small smirk, returning to her normal self. "Let me properly introduce you two. Naomi, this is Darios." The redhaired mage said to the Captain, then turned towards Darios, motioning her hand towards the knight. "And this would be Captain Naomi Hemming of the Royal Guard."

"I thought I told you there was no need for formalities," Naomi said, her voice and expression not giving away her thoughts. She then turned to Darios, this time offering her hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." He said, as he hesitantly shook her hand, and he had barely more than let it go when he noticed the little girl coming towards them. At the sight of the child, and moreso the reaction of Agana and the knight, he felt at ease with the situation, for now. Though the situation did indeed raise a whole bunch of questions.

"Aunt Naomi!" The little girl happily greeted the knight, while giving her a hug, or trying at least."It's been so long!"

Naomi's mask then cracked and she smiled at the young girl. "It has been," she replied. "You seem to be doing well. But are you here alone?"

"I've been watching her," Agana replied. "You know her mother. She took a contract and asked me to watch Alexa for her. She should be in town for the Games in a couple days."

Something about the little girl was definitely familiar he once again realized, but Darios couldn't figure out why it was so. And before he could give it much further thought, Naomi spoke up.

"You two can come join us," she said with a voice loud enough to reach the two remaining mages. "Might as well sit with us if you're going to listen in."

Had his skin been any lighter, they might have noticed him blush slightly, instead, he looked at the knight in front of him, with the girl sitting in her lap. "Not that I am not grateful, but how come the Captain of the guard is helping the ones she should be locking up?" He smiled at the knight, not sure if she would actually reply or if he was in the process of making yet another enemy. He thought he had managed one already so far today, and he sincerely hoped it would stay that way.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.