View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
LS Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] Debate Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
T

To conclude, Marijuana, no matter how you dice it, has its bad sides. These are bad sides that aid crime, contribute to physical impairment, and have always been controversial. I believe that the current status of Marijuana-related laws in the US is currently the system we should be doing things as, and is not in any way wrong or immoral.

Aren't cigarettes extremely addictive and lethal to your life? Why are those legal? The fact that Weed is illegal but things like tobacco and alcohol are legal shows that there is something wrong with our system.

I've tried all 3 of these "addictive drugs", Tobacco is addictive and can kill you, alcohol can make you into a mean drunk jerk but marijuana? You take a hit and you'll feel like the most chill person in the room.

Also, I'd like to point out that there are thousands of deaths each year that are caused by both Tobacco and Alcohol, but there is no human that has ever died from smoking too much marijuana. Seems kind of unfair that they would ban out a completely harmless and extremely useful plant but keep the legalization of alcohol and tobacco.