View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
eishiba Offline

Default Re: Game Idea Development (GID)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
A possible title could be something like Never Ending Battle or Unlimited Fights. Something like that I think would work. :o

As for the description, the next poster could describe the attack moves and then call out another attack.

"Jolteon's Thunder bounced off of Stunfisk as it laughed in amusement. Stunfisk then used Earthquake and it hit Jolteon spot on. Jolteon faints. Go, Leafeon!"
Yes, very much like that. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a lengthy post but atleast something so that readers would be into whats happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Okay, from looking at it, it seems like a game that would be focused on the ASB refs, because it would involve sort of an RP-like description, like in the battles. First, let's work on the name. Let's call it... Rumble Battle, for now. We'll finish the title later. And we'll make sure it doesn't get as simple and boring like the example you don't want. I think the turnstile would be like "Charmander, use Ember and try to hit Bulbasaur!" Then, "Okay, Bulbasaur, use your Vine Whip to dodge the attack!" That would work out, right? And then, what would happen next? Who would determine whether or not the move hits, or how much damage it would do? I suppose we could work on it next.
I was aiming for a more a more anime style battling similar to what we do in ASB. We describe the attack and such. The trainer could call out an attack if they wanted or I suppose the battle could be written as if just watching the two pokemon battle. As far as how much damage, it would be up to the writer. Again, similar to Anime, it wouldn't consist of how much damage you do. If Charmander were to attack with Ember against Bulbasaur, the writer could say things like how the attack singed(spelling) Bulbasaurs bulb. Or prehaps they could make Bulbasaur dodge the attack using its Vine Whip to thrust itself into the air. It would be totally up to the writer. The writer could choose to make his portion of the battle a close battle, blow for blow, or one sided with one Pokemon literally dominating the opponent. And Rumble Battle isn't half bad. Its sure better than mine :P