View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Aqua on action replay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Sarah it sounds like your problem is that AR/RNG create an unfair environment. There are unfair advantages in every competition, weather it be bigger cities having schools with more students there for having more options for there student teams, or teams with larger budgets to pay better athletes and get better equipment. It shouldnt be looked at like that, because while its time consuming any person who really wants to competitive battle will find a way to go through the steps so they can do it. I have known a lot of great battlers who do thier own chain breeding and Iv breeding and they are very very proud of what they have done. They continue to do it because thats what they prefer.
I had the reverse happen. My high school, while not the best around, lost to a PRIVATE STUDENT GROUP. Out of all the awards given for literacy and grammar at that college, our high school won only one award, and it was third place. I've never been so humiliated in my life, and even the compliment from the professor didn't help. Worst of all is that most likely half of them were written with help from their parents, not on their own like mine :/

Yes, AR can save time. But the problem is, people who use it usually go for perfect IVs. If you create an AR Pokemon that would be equivalent to a bred Pokemon with perhaps 2-3 perfect IVs, that's fine. Sure, you were cheaper in getting it, but hey. Perfect IVs though are insanely difficult to get without any help and immense luck. If you use a cheating device to get them, that's not fair.

And no, I don't support the idea of having everyone get ARs. Two wrongs don't make a right. It means so much more to get 2-3 perfect IV Pokemon through breeding and hard work than a perfect IV Pokemon from a cheating device.

I create teams, yes, but I don't really compete in battles (no Wi-Fi). I do breed and EV train, but I'll EV train a Pokemon that is just decent (like my shiny Tauros. Sure, his IVs suck and such, but with support he could still trample people. Plus, he's green!) if I feel like it. Zany. And it means so much to see MY hard trained and bred Pokemon doing well in a battle. I put all that effort into it, and it's paying off. It's a great feeling.