View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Christian Feminists? Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I used to be a Christian, but then I started to research atheism and non-religions, and I am now a Deist. I have come up with one of two solutions.
  • There is a god, but however it is not interested in earthly affairs. (Doesn't care about earth, the people/animals etc on it).
  • There is no god at all.

The only argument I'll ever need is the problem of evil.

"God" is supposedly omnipotent and omnibenevolent. The evil in this world is not beneficial to the people/creatures on it. Therefore, "God" would have not created evil, and made the earth a living "heaven". Giving everyone anything they wanted, never getting hurt... yeah. Since this has not happened, either "God" can't do this, which isn't omnipotent, or won't do this, which isn't omnibenevolent.

I know someone will just have to bring up "Satan" here, so I will address that now. "Satan" supposedly creates evil. If "God" was omnibenevolent, he would stop this evil instantly.

You might say, "But, 'God' is in war with 'Satan' for man's souls." and what not. If "God" was omnipotent, he would've been able to take over "Satan" easily and there would've been no such thing as evil.

This very picture changed my religion and train of thought for religion.

I hope I don't come across in a bad way. I'm not trying to mock or change anyone's religious views. This is my opinion and you can either agree or disagree with it.
I really now officially have nothing more to say than this for the time being. XDD /bookmarks that image for later use.

-makes some popcorn as well and sits down beside mint-
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."