Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Signature and Tutored Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post

[Psycho] Totodile [M]
Ability: Torrent

Signature Move: Facial Foam

Description: Psycho received his quaint moniker not because of his actual mental state but due to a little trick the Pokemon had learned as an intimidation tactic. While Psycho is in fact a relatively normal Pokemon with no abnormal behaviors, in battle Psycho has learned that putting up a facade of instability has a severe psychological impact on his opponents.

The act is relatively simple. Totodile first stores a couple of alka-seltzer tablets underneath his tongue. Then, before during battle he can use the water he jet from his mouth to dissolve the tablet and produce a foam around his mouth that mimics the symptoms of rabies. Paired with odd and erratic movements and expressions, the goal of this move is to make Psycho seem entirely insane, weakening the opponent's resolve and willingness to battle.

Type: Water
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100%
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 6%
Impact: Single Target
Priority: 0
Effects: The target's attack stat is reduced by 1/3 (Three Stages)
Usage Gap: Once Per Battle
This is a good move, but I do have one problem with it: how does one store alka-seltzer under the tongue? Excess saliva would likely make them go off prematurely. The same or similar effect could be produced with regular water. Pending.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D