View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:06 AM
winstein Offline

Default Re: Poppy’s Breakfast Table: Growing Up

I am surprised that you are one of those people who don't feel the sagas after Johto are intriguing. Actually, some fans found Johto a chore to watch because it has a large amount of fillers, which dragged down the experience. For Hoenn, it's not just the contests that fans found refreshing, but it's also how Ash becomes more intelligent because there's another character to play the "rookie" instead of him. For Sinnoh, it's more of the same, but it's still intriguing because while things go by slower than others, the main rival kept it very intriguing. I may not share the same sentiment, but I could see that there are fans who adore Paul.

I do agree an alternative for the mainstream anime would be nice. However, I thought that letting the West deal with their take of Pokemon is the way to go, because their input would bring about some new ideas. Yes, it's true that Pokemon is a Japanese franchise, but it doesn't mean everything is obliged to be handled there. After all, there are Japanese game companies that let Western companies handle their franchises (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon comes to mind), or perhaps cartoons also (Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi is the closest example I can think of).

Thanks for reading.