Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four/ Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
At The Capitol/ Training Center/ Roof

Caroline and Jeremy ran a decent amount of laps on the track together until the two finally came to a stop to catch their breath, a large screen next to the track saying that the two had ran almost seven miles without stopping. Matt was a bit surprised at the score as Caroline and Jeremy smiled at each other, the two walking to an area where unlimited iced cold water bottles were for the tributes. The two each grabbed a bottle and sat side by side on a bench, the two teens taking a break for now.

"Isn't that your partner?" Jeremy asked as he looked towards Kiseki with the male tribute from District Two, bringing Caroline to follow his gaze.

"Maybe he's trying to see what tributes would make good allies." Caroline responded as she looked back over to Jeremy, though the blonde took note that Ichiru was no longer in the training center for some reason.

"So tell me the truth. Why aren't you training with Kiseki?" Jeremy pushed on as he kept his voice low, looking at Caroline.

"I told you. I just wanted to give Kiseki and Ichiru time with each other." Caroline responded.

"Caroline, you sucked at lying when we were little kids. Your lying skills haven't gotten any better with age."

"It's not something that should be discussed here..." Caroline looked down, Jeremy's face softening as he looked at the curly haired blonde.

"We'll talk about it later then." Jeremy said, bringing Caroline to nod as she look a large sip of water.

"What station do you want to do next?" Caroline asked. Jeremy looked around, his eyes falling on the fire-making station.

"Do you know how to make a decent fire?" Jeremy asked.

"Not really... I've been around water my entire life." Caroline said with a small chuckle.

"Then we'll build small fires in a little while." Caroline nodded at Jeremy's words as the two tributes continued to rest.

As Ashley was staring at the city she heard footsteps begin to approach her. The thought of it being Matt instantly crossed her mind as she quickly turned her head, but relaxed when it was only Ichiru. She turned back around and gave out a sigh of relief, noticing from the corner of her eye Ichiru standing beside her.

“Hey, rich girl.” Ichiru said with a smirk, though Ashley knew he didn't mean any offense by it simply from the tone of his voice as she gave a small smile. “I know it’s probably not my place to ask, but are the two of you doing alright after all of that?” Ashley looked over to Ichiru, giving out a sigh.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Ashley nodded. "I was actually going to check on her before going back to the training center." Ashley looked back towards the city, the brunette lost in thought for a few moments.

"Once we actually see the other tributes ourselves during the training sessions then we'll decide. We need to watch how they act around the two of you and see if any of them could be trust-worthy of an Alliance." Peeta's words from when the group was on the Tribute Train came to Ashley's mind as she looked back up to Ichiru, the brunette still unclear if she could trust him. Even though she hasn't spoken to him that much there was something about him that she couldn't shake, something telling her that she could truly trust Ichiru.

"I think bringing Aria and Kenny here was a mistake." Ashley began, looking back towards the city. "The idea of them coming here was amazing at the time, but now when I finally realized that they could be in danger, I can see how terrible the idea is now. I know back home they would had ended up in a foster home until at least my parents made it back, but I can't stand the idea of Aria and Kenny being placed in that foster home. It's just horrible..." Ashley paused for a few moments as she gathered her thoughts. "I just wish there was a way I could protect them. It's not fair that they have to be locked away on the floor all day, like they're trapped or something. I just... I want them to be safe." Ashley looked back up to Ichiru, surprising even herself how much she had just opened up to him.