Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Kiseki Kagami from District Four/ Michael Knight from District Two/ Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
Training Center

"It's okay." Caroline responded to Michael with a chuckle, and the blonde’s expression brightened at the friendly response. "My name is Caroline and this is my friend Jeremy." For some reason Caroline and Jeremy felt they could trust Michael somehow...

"Hey." Jeremy spoke, and Michael greeted him with a smile. Kiseki did as well, since he hadn’t met Jeremy until now, but he couldn’t help noticing how Caroline was looking around the room. He knew who she was looking for, and although she tried to hide it, he could easily see that her fears were still there. The smile faded from his face as Jeremy nudged the blonde and asked her if she was okay, and for a moment his own gaze fell to the ground. However, he quickly recovered to not draw any attention to himself, giving Michael a smile when he looked at him in question. He had noticed Caroline’s actions as well, his cyan colored eyes narrowing slightly as he caught on to the underlying problem between the two.

"I'm fine." Caroline responded with a smile, then turning to Kiseki with a bit of concern. "Are you okay? Your cheeks are all red from training. Do you want some of my water? I don't want you to be dehydrated."

Kiseki was taken aback at first, having completely forgotten about the blush that still lingered on his face from Michael’s question a few moments ago. It worsened at Caroline’s, and it was all Michael could do to keep from laughing as the older teen tried to regain his composure before speaking.

“N-No, it’s okay…” He gave her a smile as the blush died down again.

“You do look overheated, though.” Michael’s eyes teased him unmercifully when Kiseki shot him a look.

“I’m fine, really.” He looked back to Caroline as the smile returned to his face. “Thank you, though.”

Amelia remained silent for several moments, pulling an arrow from her quiver and firing it into the bulls-eye with her other arrows. Just like Keiru’s had done before, the arrow split one of those already in the center in two. Caitlyn was starting to think that she wasn’t going to receive an answer when the blonde finally looked over to her and spoke.

"His methods are obtuse, but he does mean the best." She looked back at the target and fired another arrow, this one splitting an unharmed arrow in two. This time, the two halves fell to the floor. "Honestly, he looks out for those he cares deeply for."

Amelia’s gaze shot to Caitlyn after she had spoken, and the brunette looked at her in brief confusion as she seemed to fumble over what to say or do next. It wasn’t until a few moments later that she realized what exactly Amelia had just unintentionally implied. Her face heated up slightly, but she fought it back as the blonde looked back over to her, posing a change of subject.

"Umm... you do archery often?"

Caitlyn decided to take the subject change, since the realization of what Amelia had just said had caught her off guard and flustered her, giving the other girl a smile as she responded.

“I used to practice back home with a bow and some arrows that my father made.” She responded as she loaded her bow with another arrow - the fifth arrow of her bet with Keiru. “What about you? Both Keiru and yourself seem to have a lot of skill in archery.” She turned her attention back to the target as she drew back the arrow and fired, surprised to see it thud into the target just inside the bulls-eye. However, she couldn’t help but smile a bit at the sight. She had gotten three out of five arrows, which meant that she had just won the bet.

Ichiru Kagami from District Three
Roof

"You'll really help?" After a pause, Ashley finally responded to Ichiru as she looked up to lock eyes with him. The dark haired teen opened his mouth to respond, but stopped when the door to the roof opened, bringing both of them to look over to see Ashley’s younger brother stepping onto the roof in a protective stance. He scanned his surroundings, most likely for any other tributes, before noticing the two of them a few feet away.

"What are you doing up here? Shouldn't you be in training?" He asked his sister.

"Where's Aria?" Ashley responded to the question with one of her own as panic became clear in her voice.

"I'm right here." Aria stepped out from behind Kenny, running over to Ashley, who sighed in relief. Ichiru leaned back against the railing as Kenny explained what he was doing up on the roof with the toddler, almost getting lost in his own thoughts before Aria spoke to him.

"I remember you from last night." Ashley chuckled at her daughter as Ichiru gave her a smile.

"He offered to help out." Ashley said, bringing Ichiru’s and Aria’s attention back to her. She then looked to Ichiru, a smile coming back to her face as she spoke again. "If you really want to help, then I'll let you. I trust you."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Kenny asked. "We should run it by mom and dad first."

"It's fine." Ashley insisted. "He's Kiseki's brother, who is partners with Caroline. We can trust him; both Kiseki and Ichiru." The younger boy gave a nod, looking over to Ichiru with a small smile.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, thank you." Aria said. “I already knew from last night that you wouldn't hurt mommy or me. You're too nice to do that."

Ichiru gave a soft chuckle almost simultaneously with Ashley’s, returning the smiles given. He wasn’t sure he could agree to being nice, since he had done some harsh things in his life even if it had only been to protect people he cared about, but he couldn’t say that to a child. Instead, he gave her a playful smirk.

“You knew, huh? You must have some pretty great intuition already, then. I bet you’ll grow up to be smarter than all of us.” He paused then as the smirk faded back into a smile. “Now that I have your trust, I’ll do everything in my power to protect you.” His gaze shifted to Ashley then, his eyes locking with hers to emphasize that he wasn’t only referring to Aria. “All of you.”

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."