~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Andromeda Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Trainer: Zayna
Party: Charmander (Blaze)
Currently: Standing around

So, here I am. Starting a new adventure, I guess.

I blinked as I stepped out of the research lab, plunging into the relentless summer sun. Lifting a hand to shade my eyes, I gazed over the port known as Andromeda Town. A slight breeze teased my hair, bringing with it the tang of salt from the sea. I felt the promise of a beautiful day in the air.

Yet I remained rooted in place. Suddenly, I was unsure of what to do next.

I should explain myself. A few weeks ago, I washed up on the shores of a place called Celestia, with absolutely no idea who I was or what I was doing. Luckily, someone found me and gave me medical attention, but as of yet my memory has not returned. I have only a name—which I’m not even sure it’s mine. So understand that my apparent awkwardness doesn’t come from nervousness, or even freshness; its honestly because I just can’t remember how to do anything.

I sighed, glancing down at the Poké Ball in my hand. Someone had the brilliant idea that taking on a journey across Celestia might help jog my memory. My rescuers were convinced that I had once been a Trainer, what with all the (ruined) gear I had with me when I was found. Getting back into training might trigger something, they figure. I suppose it makes sense. But that’s not the real reason why I went through with this.

Some part of me told me I was looking for something. What that was, I can’t guess, but I thought that maybe I might find the answers here in Celestia. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try. And who knows, maybe this might be fun.

Throwing the ball in the air, I released the Pokémon given to me by Professor Cedar. I was now the proud owner of a little orange lizard… thing. The Charmander looked up at me with blue eyes, studying me as closely as I studied him.

After a long moment, I said, “So… I guess we’re stuck together, huh?”

The lizard nodded once, eyes still bright with curiousity.

“All right, then,” I placed my hands on my hips. “Best get introduced, then. I’m Zayna. And, er, I guess I get to name you.”

He nodded again, the flame flickering excitedly on the tip of his tail.

Sheesh. If I was supposed to be a Trainer, why was this so hard for me? I didn’t know what to call him! I went through all the fire-related names I could think of. None were creative, but I didn’t know what else to do.

“Congrats,” I finally announced. “Your name is Blaze.”

The creature considered his new name for a moment before “char”-ing in approval.

“Good. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s do a little exploring,” I clipped Blaze’s empty capsule on my belt. “I want to check out the lighthouse before we head to Route 1.”

I was surprised at the sudden surge of confidence I felt. Blinking down at Blaze, I saw him furrow his eyebrows. He didn’t give any objections, however, and so the two of us headed out to the lighthouse.

Here goes nothing.
Official's Post:

Hello, trainer! I am your narrator. I will be accompanying you throughout your journey in Celestia.

Yes, here goes nothing indeed.

Andromeda sure is beautiful, isn't it? Thankfully today the weather was quite pleasant, and your Charmander certainly seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere.

So, you travel to the lighthouse. The lighthouse is not a long distance away from the Cedar Laboratory - it's just a small while through town. It's a relatively simple place, which seems quite suiting for the beginning of an adventure - we wouldn't want to bog you down with complications so early on, would we? The town is home to only a few residents, so I'm sure if you stuck around long enough you'd bond well with this tightly knit community.

Of course, there's no time to stop and chat. You've a journey to traverse. And a memory to restore.

You look upon the lighthouse with awe. Stretching over 30 metres high, it's an impressive sight for starting trainers to behold. The plant-life surrounding the structure is well kept and the building itself is cleaned so that it is spick-and-span. You get the feeling that Andromedans take real pride in the place they live.

You enter the lighthouse with new-found confidence and you feel your heart flutter with excitement. The inside is nicely decorated with a lightning-blue wallpaper and several desks and drawers. Pictures of several Electric type Pokemon litter the room - perhaps you remember a few of them? The serenity stops after a while of browsing the room, however - you hear strange noises from above you.

Perhaps you should climb the stairs?