Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Andromeda Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etymology View Post
Official's Post:

Hey, I don't control the story, I just narrate it.

Your plan, by the way, was quite clever for one with retrograde amnesia - looks like adrenaline is decent stimuli for your memory to return. Perhaps this journey will be good for you.

The Electivire splutters through the thick smog, forcing a flurry of sparks to emit from its mouth as it does so. Your Charmander quite loyally keeps up the distraction effort, not even seeming to wince in fear. Of course, there was no way the lizard could keep that up for long. Limited PP and all, y'know? Eventually the Smokescreen it continued to spew out became thinner and thinner.

"Oh my, thank you!" the girl squealed as she took your hand. You made sure her smooth fingers had inter-connected with yours before dragging the child off of the floor, attempting to get away from the monster that was still struggling to see through the smoke. You fly down the stairs as fast as your legs could carry you, almost stumbling down the thick stone blocks. You get outside and breathe in the fresh smell of safety, the outside world, before letting go of the girl's hand and having a much deserved rest. You collapse onto the floor, letting the grass outside of the lighthouse tickle your body as you relax.

Suddenly, a thought strikes you which sends another course of adrenaline flowing through your veins. Did you just leave your Charmander behind?

Better go back for it. Or not. Your choice.

Ah, crud.

I am officially the worst Trainer ever. I haven’t had that Charmander for more than half an hour and already I lost him.

“Er,” I sputtered at the girl, holding out a finger. “Could you... Could you excuse me for a moment?”

I laughed sheepishly before darting anxiously back inside. I raced past the displays on the first floor without a second glance and shot up the staircase quicker than… er, that fast Pokemon I can’t remember the name of. The instant I entered the second floor, I was hit with a wall of black smoke. Blaze had certainly kept up that smokescreen. Thanks to his efforts, it was now impossible to see anything. At all.

I choked on the thick black smoke, but didn’t turn back. “Blaze!” I called out. “Blaze, return!”

From somewhere in the smog, a weak cry called out, “Char!”

Soon, an orange figure materialized before me. There he was!

“Good work, Blaze,” I congratulated him between coughs. “Let’s get out of here!”

The Charmander was more than happy to oblige. Cautiously, I peered back out into the smoke. Blue light flickered at its center, where I’m sure a very unhappy Electrivire seethed. Without wasting any more time, we darted back to the stairs—and back outside where that little girl hopefully still waited. I had better make sure she was okay…

And, perhaps, get her to answer some questions. What had she been doing up there? And how did that Electrivire get so wound up?