Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Kiseki Kagami from District Four
District Four floor

"No, I'm not." Caroline responded to Kiseki in a tone that told him she was clearly upset. "Kiseki, I know that you've been saying that you would never hurt me if it came down to either saving me or Ichiru, but let's think realistically, okay? I already know that you would choose Ichiru over me, because you guys are brothers and that you love him. I know that right now you're saying different, but everything is going to change as soon as we get into that damn arena." She paused, and a frown instantly came onto Kiseki’s face as he looked at her. He opened his mouth to respond, but stopped when the blonde continued.

"I think it would be best if I just go into the Games alone without an alliance. I'll be out of yours and Ichiru's way, this way when I do die in the Games then it wouldn't be because you had to choose."

For the first time since coming to the Capitol, Kiseki felt angry. It upset him that Caroline thought this way, and even more so that it was because of him. He didn’t know what he could possibly do to make her believe him, and it was starting to frustrate him. It felt like he had already lost her before the Games even began.

"So unless you can actually physically prove to me that things won't be any different as soon as we enter that arena, then I'm on my own from now on..."

Caroline started to walk by and leave the room, and at first Kiseki was frozen. He didn’t know whether it was because of anger or shock or if he just couldn’t move, but either way, his body remained still as she passed him until the thought that he was going to lose her resurfaced in his mind. The fear brought about by its scream chased away everything else and reanimated his body.

Physically. How could he show her how he felt physically?

He turned on his heel as his racing mind went completely blank, simply acting out of instinct as he reached out to catch her by the arm. There was a pause of only a second or two before he chased away all remaining timidity and pulled her to him, daring to connect his lips with hers when she had gotten close enough.

After a few moments that felt so much longer, he broke the kiss and leaned back to look at her. A blush erupted on his cheeks when he realized what he’d just done, but he ignored it and instead locked his eyes with hers and put a hand on either side of her face.

“I won’t leave you, Caroline. When we get into that arena, I’ll do anything and everything to make sure you stay safe. Please, don‘t isolate yourself from everyone. I can‘t go back home without you. I won‘t.“ He rubbed the thumb of his right hand across her cheek as he swallowed the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat, then offered a smile. “All we have to do is survive until help comes. I promise, I’ll make sure that you go back home. I’ll protect you.”

Ichiru Kagami from District Three
Front Garden

"You can't catch me mommy!"

Ichiru heard Aria’s giggle and her call to her mother, which snapped him out of his thoughts. However, by the time he had noticed the toddler running toward him, it was already too late to move. She crashed right into him and fell to the ground, looking back up at him and giving a scream of fear.

Ichiru realized that she probably didn’t recognize him because of the darkness, and was just about to try to comfort her when someone suddenly tackled him to the ground and pinned his neck to the ground with their arm. He returned to his senses just as the figure - who he guess was Ashley - drew back the other arm and started to punch him. Ichiru wiggled one of his arms free and attempted to catch the fist, but it stopped just before connecting with his cheek.

"Ichiru?" Ashley’s voice greeted his ears, and a sigh of relief followed shortly after. Ichiru felt her arm leave his neck as she spoke again. "I'm so sorry... I thought you were Matt or one of the other tributes trying to hurt Aria."

Ichiru started to answer as she got off of him and sat next to him, but stopped when Aria dove onto his stomach.

"Hi Ichiru!" The dark haired teen chuckled at the toddler’s excitement as Ashley laughed and laid down next to him. Aria followed suit, getting off of Ichiru and lying down on the other side of him. Ichiru relaxed and turned his gaze to the stars above them. Somehow this peaceful moment didn’t seem real, but he knew it was.

"I really am sorry. I hope I didn't hurt you." Ashley’s voice brought him to look back at her as she gave a small laugh, responding with a smile of his own.

“It’s okay. I’m the one at fault, anyway. I should have said something so that I wouldn’t alarm the two of you.” He said with a soft chuckle as he looked back up at the sky. “I didn’t expect to see you out here, though. Burning some energy before bedtime?”

Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
District Seven floor > Roof

Later that night, a knock came from the door of her room just as Caitlyn was putting on a pair of black knee-high leather boots. After receiving her ‘come in’ response, the door opened to reveal Jason standing there.

“Well aren’t you looking nice tonight.” There was a hint of surprise in his sarcastic comment upon seeing the brunette, who looked up at him briefly as she finished putting on her boots. “Daniel told me to come see if you were planning on having dinner with us.”

“Actually, I was just about to go get some fresh air.”

“Dressed like that?” Jason gave her a glance over; she wore a strapless dark red, form-fitting dress that came down to just above her knees with a sequined strap that wrapped around her neck and circled around just under her chest, appearing to be more for decoration than actually holding the dress up. Caitlyn had refused to wear heels again and had instead put on the flat-heeled boots with her dress.

“Is there a problem with it?”

“Not if you’re going to one of the fancy Capitol events.” Jason responded as his eyes came back to her face. “But for just a walk for some fresh air, it’s a bit much in my opinion.” He locked his eyes with hers as a serious expression came onto his face. “You’re going to meet that guy from District One, aren’t you?”

“What if I am?” Caitlyn folded her arms across her chest, returning the glare that she received from her partner in response.

“I don’t know what kind of spell he’s put on you, but you need to wake up and realize what’s going on here. He’s only trying to trick you into trusting him so that he can kill you off first thing in the arena! Can‘t you see that?”

“Keiru would never do something like that.” Caitlyn responded calmly, although the sharp expression in her eyes was anything but.

“That’s what he wants you to think, Caitlyn! You’re falling right into his trap!”

“How would you know what he’s planning to do? So far, he’s proven to be more trustworthy than you, and you’re my own partner!” Jason finally fell silent as the brunette responded, although the glare remained. “The one who saved me both times when another tribute attacked me wasn’t you; it was Keiru. You’ve done nothing but ignore me in public, and then give me crap about whatever I’ve done that seems wrong to you when we come back here. Right now you’re about as trustworthy as the tribute from Thirteen who has been causing so many problems.”

This statement appeared to anger the other tribute, but Caitlyn paid it no mind, crossing the room and walking passed him and into the hallway.

Jason started to grab her arm, but Caitlyn had seen it coming and jerked it away before he could get a solid grip on it, locking eyes with her partner in a hostile glare just as Daniel came down the hallway.

“What’s all of the commotion here?” He looked between the two in question, but Caitlyn and Jason kept their gazes locked on each other for several more moments before Caitlyn broke it to look at Daniel.

“It’s nothing. Just a small disagreement.”

Daniel nodded slowly, obviously not convinced as he looked between the two. Caitlyn glanced back at Jason before turning to head back down the hall.

“I’m going out for some fresh air. I’ll be back in a little while.” Daniel merely nodded in response, already knowing where she was going as he watched the brunette get on the elevator in the distance. However, unlike Jason, he thought of the attraction between Caitlyn and Keiru was a good chance for a powerful alliance. He looked over to Jason then, his expression dropping into a frown.

“You and I need to talk.”

OOC: Because I know my description of clothes still sucks, here's Caitlyn's dress xD http://www.dressonuk.com/bmz_cache/d...ing_Dress_.jpg

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."