View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Dragotech Offline

Default Re: [Crossover] Interlinked [FF/PKMN] (SU/DS)

Name: Akari Blackscale

Appearance: Akari is a Bangaa, which is a lizard person with long floppy ears and a long sharp snout. She is in particular a Bangaa Sanga, which means she has dark ash colored skin/scales. She has a slightly shorter than average snout. Her long ears are full of peircings. She stands at about 5' 6'' tall and has a tail about three feet long. She has a slim frame for a Bangaa. Her typical attire includes a red bandana, a studded leather corset, blackened Steel pauldrons, studded leather vambraces, leather pantaloons, blackened steel greaves, and leather boots. The talons on her feet always protrude through her boots. Before entering combat she exchanges her bandana for a blackened dragoon's helm. Akari wields a spear and fights using dragoon techniques.

Personality: Akari, being a dragoon, is quite loyal, but her background has caused her to be quite mischevious. She is known to steal items and trickets that she does not desire nor actually care for. She does it just because she enjoys it. Despite this she is known to be quite friendly(particularly towards non-humes), and does typically return the stolen items. However she is less trustfull of Hume's, humans, in part because they typically are rather racist towards Bangaa and now it appears more Hume's are roaming around. She is also somewhat home-sick.

Home World: FF Ivalice

History: Akari comes from a long line of Bangaa soldiers. She disdained societies standards for how a woman was supposed to act, and therefore refused to conform to societies standards. Her father, however, was ill-disposed towards his daughters attitude and refused to aid her in her endeavor. She, in retaliation, headed to the streets. She fell into a crowd of undesirables, which led to her irrational love of thievery. Her grandfather, still well adjusted in Ivalice's military, decided to subordinate his son's decision and trained her himself. He also pulled the strings on some of his subordinate's to bend the rules to allow her to join the military as a dragoon. Her training began, and she learned how to learn the techniques of the dragoon fairly quickly. Soon after this a mysterious anomally rippled through Ivalice, and she found herself in a strange place with strange beings. New to these beings she eventually learned they could be befriended and became allies with a few. She trained them and against them.

Pokémon: Raze/Charmeleon(male), Widow/Ariados (female), Geedo/zubat(male), Redreaper/shiny duskull(male)

Link: N/A

Other: The particular techniques she is fond of include
Spoiler:
Jump
Spoiler:
literally jumps on enemy spear first
, Fire Breath
Spoiler:
Pretty much what it sounds like
, Bolt Breath
Spoiler:
a breath attack utilizing the power of electicity
, Ice Breath
Spoiler:
pretty much what it sounds like yet again
, and Bangaa Cry
Spoiler:
Strikes using the Bangaas own voice, actually more effective than it sounds
as a Bangaa she has a particular weakness to water and never learned to swim.
the added spoiler is just in case you don't know what something looks like no pics sorry. Also it is a very bad idea to call a Bangaa a lizard. Let me know if I made any mistakes please.
Spoiler:
corset=a female specific top often thought of as lingerie, pauldrons=shoulder pieces on platemail, vambraces=a sort of arm guard, greaves=platemail variation of shin guards, dragoon's helm=a steel helmet fashioned to resemble a dragon's head
Dragoons, in all FF games I have played, are spear wielding soldiers, in FFTA Dragoon is a race specific class for Bangaa and they can use swords. Also in FFTA Dragoons can use peculiar but awesome and effective techniques, some borrowed from dragons!!

I just now noticed that the roleplay has already started, and that it has been two years since the incident. This does put a couple holes into my SU, but I did think of a reason why my character may join so late.
The world of Ivalice has been breached before by what we see as the real world in FFTA. It is perhaps because the seperation of these two worlds,at the end of the main storyline, caused Ivalice to become, somewhat unstable. Afterall the protagonist does destroy the five world threads, which are large crystals of varying colors, that holds the world together. My character could perhaps resurface a couple of weeks before the RPs present, this gives my character enough time to meet the requested Pokemon, but still leave my character ignorant as to what exactly has happened and where she happens to be now. I am sure you will tear this apart and decide if you are okay with this.
Also so my character doesn't seem overpowered. Dragoons in most FF games have a notably low amout of MP for casting magic and magic based attacks. To help balance my character, whenever she does use one of the Dragoon techniques, they will require a large amount of energy. This will leave her fairly weakened for a period of time. Since she is also a novice dragoon her attacks will from time to time backfire, leaving her just as injured as her opponent.

Last edited by Dragotech; 11-03-2012 at 12:11 AM.