View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Default Re: Guess what I just hatched!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
there are vitamins and wings because they boost your stats, they say they slightly boost your pokemons stats, it does not say they give you EVs. and remember snowdrop that pokemon is intended for kids, i dont think many kids go to smogon to learn about EVs and IVs, they added them to the game to make it seem more alive, almost no pokemon are alike anymore, thanks to IVs and EVs, it was not made as and easter egg for smogonites.
Explain the usage of the Salon in Join Avenue, then. It reduces stats so you can re-EV train, and also, what about the people in the games who tell you how much you have EV trained your Pokémon? I used to hate the idea of EV training, but I was battling a close friend of mine who EV trains, and she pwned me with a Blissey with 500-odd Hit Points. I personally don't do much EV training myself, as I find it a bit of an annoying process.

It's okay if you don't EV train yourself, but you should at least accept it. Also, not only kids play Pokémon. Adults do as well. My final point is that we don't use Smogon, either. I've never been to Smogon myself, actually, nor has my friend with the Blissey. EV training isn't all about Smogon. Also, vitamins, wings & fitness places in Join Avenue are to help EV training, but players are meant to find out about EV training themselves, which we have.

EDIT: Another note, Pokémon is not all about EV training. You don't need to EV train to play or enjoy Pokémon. EV training is just for people who want to give their Pokémon a boost and a strategy for competitive battling, which makes it a lot more competitive than randomness.

Spoiler: