Eighth Annual Gym Tournament
THE EIGHTH ANNUAL GYM TOURNAMENT
It's that time of year again where everyone finds themselves wondering "Where have all of our Gym Leaders gone?" Well, the answer is they've all gathered in yet another undisclosed location to fight over who is the supreme and ultimate Gym Leader! Just like the past seven instances of this Tournament, everyone who is a Gym Leader or a Dojo Sensei is automatically invited, although you'll still have to post the filled-out form below to gain entry.
Clarification: If you WERE a Dojo Sensei before the League closed, you can still apply to take part in this tournament.
- You must post in this thread using the below form to confirm that your Gym is participating in this tournament.
- You may only use Pokemon you use in your Gym (owned or rented). If your line-up changes during the tournament, you will have to use the Pokemon that are on your line-up sheet.
- The first round will not have any Leader at a disadvantage. After that it is just your luck who you battle and what type they are, although I will attempt to avoid heavily slanted battles.
- This is an elimination tournament. That means if you lose, you're out.
- If there is an issue with time zones then make sure you contact me as soon as possible and we'll set up a date and time for you to battle your opponent.
- Wildcards are allowed in this tournament.
- Defeating a Gym Leader in this tournament does not grant you their badge.
- All battles will take place on AIM and not the forum to ensure they are done quickly. The aim is to have each round take no longer than ten days.
The first two or three rounds (depending on number of entrants) will be 4v4 battles. The rest will be 6v6. Below are the default rules for all battles.
B/W Revolution (may be changed to D/P/Pt Revolution if both battlers agree)
Items On (may be changed to Items Off if both battlers agree)
No Weather / Default Terrain
SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA Clauses On
Signups go from when this is posted until exactly one week later (168 hours). Assuming all goes well, after that each round will last between seven and ten days. I'm going to be really strict on that ten-day upper limit, so make sure you get battles done before the dates I'll post later.
First Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon, you may choose one of those Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you have on them, and 3 more TMs on top of these.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned, you can claim any Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type with 3 TMs on it.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type then you may pick any Pokemon with 3 TMs on it.
Second Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Complex-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type you may claim a Complex-level or lower Pokemon.
Third Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them, as long as their lowest-evolved form is Medium-ranked or lower.
- If you have Rented Pokemon but none of their lowest-evolved forms is Medium-ranked or lower, you may choose one Medium-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Medium-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
Sign Up Form
ATTENTION ALL DOJO SENSEIS:
I will be acting as a faux League Organiser for you guys during this just in case you have new Pokemon you'd like to include. For example, if you we're the Water Sensei but you only just got a Tentacruel three days ago, you can just post it in your app and I'll approve it for you to battle with, as long as it is a legit addition.
Last edited by ChainReaction01; 12-06-2012 at 08:49 AM.