View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Sircry Offline

Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Then do you disagree or agree with the federal government and how it threatened the Church of Latter Day Saints' tax exempt status when they refused African American membership and interracial marriage?
I agree with the government 's action.

The difference I'm seeing is that in Scripture, it doesn't, as far as I know, question interracial relations, as King Solomon married a woman of different race. Though, to be fair, he wasnt a model of perfect behavior.

I'm not saying or implying gay marriage is basically wrong. What I'm trying to get at is that a church, mosque, or any religious institution shouldn't be forced to accept a decision which violates their basic written beliefs, the exception being groups like WBC who invent or interpret in a way that specifically is targeted for hate.

If a church openly accepts the marriage and sanctions it of their own accord, fine. The members that don't like it can leave. But institutions shouldn't have THEIR rights infringed upon just as homosexuals shouldn't have theirs. In my church, the pastor rejects marriages at times that he doesn't believe fit the sanctity of the beliefs the MLS follows.

I like this discussion board. Its stimulating and this is opening my mind a bit. Giving me a new way to see it and think about it.

Last edited by Sircry; 12-20-2012 at 06:36 PM.