View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: George W. Bush: What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
The control of the media within the US is different from the Canadian censors. Obviously if you are within the media premesis, you don't know the effects of the control within the media. Don't give me the crap about the narration above or anything of the like,because I'm talking about the core of the media, like the news, newspapers, radio, and other broadcast systems which are affected. Senerios such as that does not count as a part of the censors that they need to censor.
...um... what are you going on about here? The control Of the media? You see, I was talking about who said what in the media. In America, the media is themselves. But you lost me on what you were going on about here. Please explain your statement.

Quote:
Second thing, what is the first thing he did on the war against Iraq? He bombed the living daylights out of them. We came in UNDER UN IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN PEACE WITHIN IRAQ. To boot, the Iraq people are all mad, since Bush bombed the living daylights out of them.
We were bombing the living daylights out of Iraq long before Bush ever came in. He just allowed them to bomb certain places.

Second, the UN was crap. There had to be a unanimous decision in order to take action. England agreed. Ireland agreed. Oh but France! France got Greedy, and decided it didn't want war against Iraq because saddam was giving them money for their products. Later, France gave in and decided to send in units and help fund the U.S. The UN was established in order to prevent someone like Saddam from comeing into power and doing what he was doing.

Quote:
As a secondary thing, with the elections coming up, he goes to negotiate with the Iraq leaders. You're supposed to do the second thing first in the first place. I can say that the Roman Empire had its bases on negotiations (e.g. Agricola), and maintain of peace (pax Romanam). Bush, however, does not grasp that idea, thus have had the chicken UN oppose him (and failing to convert him)...main member includes CANADA. Aside from that, his negotiations now are pointless, as he's already done the permanent damage. Severing national relations? Definitely.
Don't you mean third? Your confusing me with the second thing first in the first place. That didn't make sense. The UN was comprised of nations in Europe. I don't ever remember Canada being one of the 4 nations the UN was comprised of. Only one member of the UN opposed him, and that was France. America still has plenty of relations with the UN. From Englands POV, their saying "It's about time France went with us".

Quote:
This is taken from a broadcast in the past by CBC. Yes, Cretain (I can't spell his name either) is not Poutine in any way. Sure, bush knows his geographic regions when Toronto is the capital of Canada. Wait, doesn't Cretain get pissed off when he doesn't even know your name? It's not hard to correct the small errors just so everyone's happy, but no.
Everyone makes small mistakes. For all you know, he didn't realize it until after he spoke.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html