View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: George W. Bush: What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
...um... what are you going on about here? The control Of the media? You see, I was talking about who said what in the media. In America, the media is themselves. But you lost me on what you were going on about here. Please explain your statement.
Sorry. I was saying that the governments all control what is to be broadcasted within their own country. Right now I'm talking about just American media being controlled to a certain extent by the American government.

Quote:
We were bombing the living daylights out of Iraq long before Bush ever came in. He just allowed them to bomb certain places.
Not really. Thinking back, America never really went the way to negotiation to begin with. It's natural to bomb the living daylights out of anything that oppose them.

Quote:
Second, the UN was crap. There had to be a unanimous decision in order to take action. England agreed. Ireland agreed. Oh but France! France got Greedy, and decided it didn't want war against Iraq because saddam was giving them money for their products. Later, France gave in and decided to send in units and help fund the U.S. The UN was established in order to prevent someone like Saddam from comeing into power and doing what he was doing.
YEs, it was a unanimous decision to TAKE ACTION, NOT TO BOMB THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF IRAQ TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY KILLING EVERYONE. They wanted action to ensure that people in both sides are safe. When they said "take action", they meant negotiations, not bombing.

Quote:
Don't you mean third? Your confusing me with the second thing first in the first place. That didn't make sense. The UN was comprised of nations in Europe. I don't ever remember Canada being one of the 4 nations the UN was comprised of. Only one member of the UN opposed him, and that was France. America still has plenty of relations with the UN. From Englands POV, their saying "It's about time France went with us".
btw, Canada joined the UN in the past (I think it's some time after WW2).

As for the "about time" thing, see above.

Quote:
Everyone makes small mistakes. For all you know, he didn't realize it until after he spoke.
Small mistakes is tolerable, but this is more of a large mistake when you say the Prime Minister's name a food. I doubt anyone could make a mistake between Cretian and Poutine, being completely different in pronounciation (I'm talking like proper language-wise). It's like calling Mr. Mao of China "Sir Macdonalds". It's not as simple as a "simple mistake".