View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yeah except once the game is out, people will trawl through the code and know within a a day everything that is in there :( But it will be better than usual. xD

I don't want Chespin to be Dark/Grass because the types don't provide good coverage. =/ Grass Pokemon can already use Bug attacks which take care of Psychic. So the Dark only gives an advantage over Ghost and adds more weaknesses that Grass doesn't need.

Meanwhile, Grass Pokemon are still resisted by Fire, Grass, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Dragon and Steel.
While Dark is resisted by Fighting, Dark and Steel and doesn't cover any of Grass's resistances.

Grass is already a very difficult type to use effectively. Not being able to hit Fighting types, while being weak to Fighting types is a bad move for a Starter Pokemon, especially if Froakie is going to be Water/Fighting.

Grass/Fighting is a much better typing, but Grass/Psychic would be nicer. xD It's unfair that Fennekin seemingly gets two awesome types (Fire and Psychic) and the best design. Chespin and Froakie need to have draws as well!
Grass/Psychic would be even worse because in addition to the 4x Bug weakness you add weaknesses to Ghost and Dark. Grass/Fighting has that unpleasant 4x weakness to Flying. In fact I think Chespin would be best as part Rock or Steel because both types reduce the number of painful weaknesses Grass has. On top of that, if Chespin were to become part Steel, it'll gain immunity to Poison in exchange for a 4x weakness to Fire which can be easily countered.

The issue is that I would think Gamefreak would try to even out the typings amongst the starters so that one starter doesn't have an overwelming advantage over another except in cases where all 3 starters share a double weakness to each other's types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
if it ends up as a grass/fighting it will end up outclassed by breloom same with the fox being psychic and even electric by victini and rotom-h

The water type might be an offensive ground/water type, which is such a beatiful concept for a 6th gen metagame.
I thought Victini was banned in the metagame like Mew, Shaymin, and Celebi.

As for offensive Water/Ground Pokémon, don't Seismitoad and Swampert fit those categories?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Grass isn't weak to Fighting silly XD I think you meant Flying.

And, well, Snivy DOES get the Dream World ability Perversity or whatnot, meaning stat drops become boosts instead. Leaf Storm just became a beast.

Interesting theory here. Since this could possibly be based on DNA, as it's looking to be, would that imply perhaps these Legendaries are breedable, and will Manaphy also play a role in it because of that fact? :3
DARK is weak to Fighting, so that's why the Grass/Dark combo would be bad.

Imagine if Chandelure had Perversity in the Dream World, could you say OU? Maybe even Uber?