View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: Pokemon Similar Games/Knock-Offs?

I feel like you don't know much about Yu-Gi-Oh if you think that it's "just a more weird complicated version of Pokémon". It's a completely different premise, where as Pokémon and Digimon are based around capturing and controlling wild creatures, Yu-Gi-Oh is a card game, and always has been. I can understand if you might think that since the monsters come alive but that's all magic and technology (depending on the series) and still really shares no similarities to Pokémon. The ideas behind them both are completely different, and they are completely different apart from the fact there are monsters, and they both have games, an anime, and manga. Yes, there is a Pokémon TCG but that is a lot younger than Yu-Gi-Oh and even then, the two card games are incredibly different and work in different ways. There are no games between the two series that are remotely similar, barring Pokémon TCG on the GBC and the TCGO thing, but that's not enough grounds to call them similar at all.

At any rate, I have no problem with series that spin-off from Pokémon. It's a reasonably unique series and there will inevitably be games and anime that are similar. It's like saying we can't have platforming games because of Mario. Granted, I don't personally enjoy some of them like Digimon, they are good to have and there are some that I find interesting. There is creature capture game for mobile in development that I'm following that looks really promising and is based on the prospect of Pokémon, so spin-offs can't be all that bad. :b

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf