View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Yoshi256 Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Similar Games/Knock-Offs?

I have yet to make a proper post, but just a few things are nibbling at me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh, complicated as it is to master, doesn't take much to grab a hold of a common knowledge of. I've played a little here and there, but grasping knowledge isn't difficult, or nine year old kids wouldn't play it.
Same with Pokemon, but common knowledge is just not enough to say, "Hey. These games are similar because I know enough of the games to say it is." I'll leave it at this before I think up a better post
Quote:
As is the Yu-Gi-Oh anime to the card game. Your point?
Little misconception on your part. The Yugioh anime is what spawned the card game, or more technically it was the Yugioh manga that began it. Of course, the card games is based almost entirely (except for tiny aspects) on the anime, whereas the TCG for Pokemon is based as best as it can get to Pokemon, though that's due to the difference in medium.
Quote:
In case you haven't read the rules, you cannot insult another member. You may present your argument validly, without attacking someone's character. I'll excuse you, this time, and leave you with this warning.
Forgive me for this, but sometimes it's hard to refrain when I feel like I must correct what seems like an ignorant thing to say (the reason is that I like both franchises for the differences and variety they bring and, of course, the content within each). This is not an insult as much as it is an observation. I am sorry that I insulted you as I did, and I'll try not to let it happen again.

And one other small thing. If you read, it says I joined about 4 and a bit years ago, but I had a massive inactivity (I was mildly active, mostly just to close IRL friends, before I stopped). Funnily enough, this thread alone is what brought be to post.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind some more people coming in to say their opinions on this whole, "Is Yu-Gi-Oh a spin-off of Pokemon or not?" thing.

I was Yoshi256, but I'm now Haxaurus4. I just haven't gotten it changed.

Last edited by Yoshi256; 02-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.