View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Char's Crystal Clear Nuzlocke Escapade [4/20 Update!]

Once upon a time, there was a little college student who began to feel a little nostalgic for her childhood. With the pressures of higher education caging her in, she felt like she needed an escape. And so, with some effort, she dug her way through relics of old, sorting through old Pokemon cards until she uncovered her long forgotten GameBoy Color. With it, she rediscovered some of her favorite childhood games, but there was one in particular she wanted to play.

Excited, she switched it on and began an old adventure anew. But alas, it was not so--for as soon as she turned the power off, the new tale ended abruptly. The battery, it seems, had died in the cartridge, making it impossible to save. But journeying to the well of knowledge (ie the internet) she discovered that she could get it replaced.

And so, the real journey began...

Hey, guys! And welcome to my Nuzlocke! Here I'll be doing a bit of a blog (okay, it'll be in a more story-like format [okay, it will be a lot in a story-like format]) on my escapades in the nostalgic world of Pokemon Crystal. I'm following the basic, standard rules of Nuzlocke:

1.) Only the first Pokemon may be captured on each route/town/area.

2.) If any Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released.

I only have one added rule, and that's that

3.) Shinies and Legendaries are fair game

But first things first, I got to fix this game!

Getting the screw off was pretty tricky--I ended up buying a security screwdriver from Amazon, but it was fairly inexpensive.

So that's what the inside of a game looks like... So shiny... *o*

And so thin! Well, first thing I got to do is take off the tabs on the dead battery. It was pretty darn tricky, but I had a random tool that worked wonderfully--I'm not even sure what it's called, but it's a particular blade used for artwork xD

GOSH FREAKIN'... There's another tab? Dx Man, this was a lot harder than the first. I was so scared I was going to break my game... >>'

HA-HA!!! But I got it off just fine! Take that, dead battery!

Well, I put in a new battery and wrapped it up tightly with electrical tape--putting some scotch tape over it to keep it anchored down. Okay, so let's put this thing together and try it out!

Looks like everything's working good so far... Let's try out a new game and see if it saves...

:'D That's the most beautiful screen I have ever seen...

LET'S PLAY!!!

*Are you a boy, or are you a girl?
-Yes

*……… Zzzz…. Wha? You woke me up!
-Yes

*Will you check the clock for me?
-No

*What time is it?
-Yes

*It’s Nite 11:30?
-…But I didn’t say—

*No wonder it’s so dark!
-Really? I just thought you were blind. Can we skip the introduction? I think I know where this is going.

*Confident, are we?
-…That’s not in your game script…

*In that case, we have a very special challenge for you.
-…Um, is this thing still broken?

*What did you say your name was?
-I didn’t.

*Char is your name?
-Okay, this is getting really freaky.

*Char, are you ready? Your very own Pokémon story is about to unfold!
-Oh, this sounds normal. Maybe that was just a glitch.

*You’ll face fun times and tough challenges. Very tough challenges.*
-Or not. I think my Professor’s broken.

*You’ll only be allowed to catch one Pokemon from each route.*
-Wait, this sounds familiar…

*If your Pokemon faints during battle, you will be unable to use it for the rest of your journey.
-Oh, gosh no! No! Anything but—

*A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Let’s go!
-I change my mind, let’s NOT go.

*I’ll be seeing you later!
-What’s going on? What’s with that weird light? Why am I—

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Welcome to the world of Pokemon Nuzlocke!

Last edited by Charmander009; 04-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.