View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Silverwynde Offline

Default Re: What You do NOT want in X and Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
You obviously didn't take that one old man's advice in the early games. Put the baby Pokemon in the front spot then switch them out with other, stronger Pokemon. They still get the experience without all the fainting. They really rack up EXP in B/W/B2/W2 in the grass between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town.
Oh, I did. Then I would hit up the breeder near Nimbasa. Even seven levels ahead and with a type advantage, Loki kept getting killed by a Marill of all things. He'd make a decent run for it but his defenses couldn't handle a hit, which was more than a bit frustrating. He'd even get slammed by the Azurill and Lillipup at the Ranch. His end result was great--my Electivire is a monster--but he was so frail in the beginning that he almost felt like dead weight, which sucks. Don't get me wrong, babies are cute but they can be so hard to raise properly.

That and I was also trying to get some EVs on the little twerp. That can get tricky. (I try to EV train early, even if I don't do metagame. It still makes a difference.)

Anywho: I do not want a baby form of Sawk and Throh. Seriously, the idea of those two having a child just weirds me out....

...okay, that sounded waaaaaaaaay better in my head.

I also don't want another Elemental Monkey. My Pansear is rotting in a PC box because it couldn't hold its own; I don't need anything similar to it taking up valuable storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Am I the only person who actually LIKES the Vanilluxe & Garbodor families?
Nope. I like 'em just fine. Heck, I've outright defended Vanilluxe on Pokememes because I worked with one and it impressed me.

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats