View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Contest Chat

I thought we were going to discuss this over PM. Oh well, since it's here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
Here's the main stuff I've finished.

1)Trainer+Coordinator Battles. Both trainers will have to pay 500$ to the referee :P to prevent flooding of such quick matches. The prizes have not been decided yet, and the trainer battles will go in the forum battles board. Of course, those victories will count in your URPG stats without the money. You'll get money only after the contest gets over. Winner gets 2,000$ and loser 1,500$ or something like that, hope Jack will take care of it. But the referee will get money; all the same. :P
Battlers aren't gong to pay the Ref/Judge. Not going to happen.
Quote:
2)Gym Battles

There's going to be coordinator gyms a few days later.

Of course, you need a minimum of four pokemon, and you can't borrow your gym pokemon. And there's not going to be TM's and stuff. However, there'll be ribbons, with which you can enter coordinator contests; which; if Jack gives me permission, I'm going to hold once every two months, or something. :P

There's going to be a gym leader contest tournament. Only the top eight will be selected for the gyms. There's going to be Two Elite Four. One of who, will most probably be Robert, or one very tough trainer, who does have free time on his/her hands. For now, I'll ask Robert, but it would be preferable that our judges are free.

The Gym Leader contest will come up, once I get Jack's permission. It's going to be URPG tournament, only battles, and when we're down to eight, there's going to be two contests, for determining the best gym-leaders. The money earned will be

Winner : 2,500$ (Challenger will get a ribbon, and if possible, a berry)

Loser : 1,500$.

Of course, to prevent quick money making by abusing battles, you may battle a gym leader only once a week. For example, if Jack's a gym leader, and you won/lost against him, then you may not challenge him for another week at least. That will prevent people who try to get easy money quickly. Remember, its your duty as a gym leader to discourage such things, and remember, if someone reports it, you'll be stripped off your gym-leader status, and you will not get another chance again. (Ask Jack if this is okay or not to give cheaters another chance)

That's about all, for now, I'm going to post a bit more later. No-one would want to read a super-huge post.
Contest Gyms won't happen for quite a while. People need to have the basic understanding of contests first. We basically need more Coordinators and more interest first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
3)Readymade Pokeblocks
Okay, this consists of getting readymade pokeblocks. It's an alternative to berries, and will save us a lot of hassle in on the spot caluclations, if we have it all done before-hand.

a)Cheap pokeblocks : These are going to decrease nervousness slightly/none at all. Stats raise only slightly. :P

b)Medium range pokeblocks : Stats increase quite a bit more, nervousness is decreased considerably more.

c)High Range pokeblocks : You know, stats increase a lot, nervousness is considerably reduced.

Extra : Most expensive pokeblocks. Can bring nervousness down to zero, increases your points a lot. :o

However, I'm wondering whether we should get a catch like if you're using it on wrong pokemon, etc, it increases the nervousness by a lot. :O

Depends, I'm not sure about the last one yet, I'll just take care of it in my free time.
Blending is fine enough for all our Pokeblocks needs.
Quote:
4)Prevention of Abusing Gym Battles

Okay, here's a catch. Seeing that coordinators are getting more money than trainers, I'm going to impose a rule. No two coordinators may have a re-match for 48 hours, and suppose a person battled a gym, no re-challenging that gym again, for at least a week. That will prevent people trying to make easy and quick money. I'll try and fix all loopholes in making quick money the dishonet way, by tomorrow.
We aren't going to restrict battles/contests. We ony do it over the forum to prevent so many threads from being created.
Quote:
5)Stars got during contests.

I'm considering having stars only on the basis of abilities and compatibility.

Example :

Supposing Salamence takes part in a tough contest. The ability of Salamence is "Intimidate". If no other pokemon has intimidate, then it gets four star. And, if it uses Roar during a turn, it may get five stars.

In case it happens in compatible contests, like cool, or smart, you get one star less. A Salamence (Intimidate+Roar) in tough will fetch four stars in Tough/Cool.

Now, this is where I need your help, Jack. I need some volunteers, who can make a separate move and ability list, which can earn stars. If possible, I need you, Yami, Robert, Lan and if possible; Chris, to sort this stuff out. We'll select some moves, and abilities, and sort them up. I'll get the rest down later.

So...is it okay with you guys? If you can help, please note down abilities, and cool moves, which you think can be compatible with particula contests, okay? I'll start after getting the final points down, too.

Some feedback here too, Jack?

Oh, and remember, all this is just a project, just making suggestions and stuff, Jack may edit/accept/reject it later.
Yes, this is what I'm looking for. A system of judging battles during the contest. I like the Intimidate/Roar combo. This'll probably take the longest to work out, which is all I need to know in order to initiate Anime-like contests (which still won't happen for quite a while).

May, start a new thread to discuss this star system and employ help. It'll be easier to organize that way.

~Jack~

-| Links |-