View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default FireRed and LeafGreen Move Tutor Moves

Now then, as many of you may know, in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, there are a bunch of move tutors scattered across the game.

Now then, these move tutors all teach you a move that used to be a TM in Red/Blue/Yellow.

The only exception to this is the tutor who teaches Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, as these three are brand new moves.

Now then, the reason that this has been done is because there were quite a few amazing moves that were TMs only in Red/Blue/Yellow, but because of thise, the later generations of Pokémon weren't able to learn some of these fabulous moves, but now they can.

So, what I want to request is the following:

I was wondering whether the TMs below, which are all of the RBY TMs that can be taught by the move tutors in FireRed and LeafGreen, could be taught to the later generation Pokémon in the same way as you would normally use a TM:

TM01 - Mega Punch
TM03 - Swords Dance
TM05 - Mega Kick
TM08 - Body Slam
TM10 - Double-edge
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM31 - Mimic
TM35 - Metronome
TM41 - Softboiled
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM45 - Thunder Wave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

In other words, you still need the appropriate TM, and the Pokémon that you will use it on has to be able to learn that move from one of the move tutors from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Also, for Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, perhaps these three could be sold too, I mean, they could perhaps be a little bit more expensive than Hyper Beam due to them actually being able to cause super effective hits, but then there wouldn't be any worries over them being overused because only 1 Pokémon can learn each.

Here they are as they would be in the URPG:

TM109 - Blast Burn
TM110 - Frenzy Plant
TM111 - Hydro Cannon

The price is up to whoever is in charge of that thing though, whether they should be the same price, or more expensive than Hyper Beam is up to them.

So, who is with me on this one?

I think it makes sense, but it's entirely up to whoever is in charge of this kinda' stuff.

Hope it all works out well!!!

Last edited by Manjoume Jun; 08-28-2004 at 12:41 AM.