View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: The Machine of Lifelessness

The Machine of Lifelessness
Chapter Four:Living Trees and a Tree House Man

by Leman000

The island was quite large; maybe a mile across and another mile wide. I was standing on a sandy white beach. Behind me was the cool greenish-blue ocean, with waves constantly lashing out on the surface. The beach was littered with palm trees and fallen coconuts. The beach was sloped, so I could only see the sand. Across the waves, I could not see Cinnabar.

I walked off the beach, and stepped into a lush, green, dense, humid, jungle. It was full of palm trees and the ground was covered in ferns. There were no Pokemon to be seen. No sounds to be heard, except for my footsteps. It was totally still and quiet, in an eerie sort of way.

As I moved in, deeper in the jungle, I finally heard my first sound. It was a small shuffling noise that came from a particularly fat tree behind me. I stared at it for a bit, and when I was convinced that nothing was there, I continued into the jungle. A few seconds later, I heard it again. A quiet shuffling noise; it sounded as if something was following me. I whipped around saw nothing, except for the trees. The fat tree seemed to have move. It was right next to me now, when before it had been behind me. I looked at its leaves, and saw that it had six yellow coconuts, instead of the regular brown ones. Something was weird about this tree.

I moved deeper in the forest. I heard the tree following me. Whenever I stopped, it stopped. When I moved forward, it moved forward. Finally, I had enough with this tree. I turned around and yelled:

“Go! Squirtle! Hydro Pump that weird tree!”

Squirtle flew out on his pokeball in a flash of white light. He landed on the soft, mossy forest floor and blasted a large, cylindrical, blast of high-pressured water at the tree. The tree was caught off guard and fell to the ground. I saw that the tree had two legs and no arms. On the feet it had to large toes that were razor sharp. I walked towards it and looked at it. The coconuts on top of it each had an individual face. This was no tree; it was a Pokemon, but it was a Pokemon that I had never seen before.

A very dark skinned man ran out of the forest. He was tall, and skinny, and was wearing a yellow buttoned up shirt with large blue flowers painted all over it. His shorts were a light sky blue also. He ran over to the pokemon and put it straight upright.

When he spoke he had an accent that was different than any I had heard before. “Exeggutor, are you okay?” he said to the tree-like Pokemon.

Exeggutor I thought, So that’s what this tree thing is. I don’t think I’ve heard of it before.

He turned to me and said, ”Hey man, what are you doing, beating up my Exeggutor?”

“I-I-I’m s-s-sorry. H-he was stalking me. I-I d-didn’t know it w-was yours,” I sputtered.

The man laughed, “No reason to be scared, man. We are all brothers on the Island, man.”

“Brothers? Who else is here?” I asked.

“No one, It is only me,” he said. The strange man chuckled and added, “I, by the way, am Tongo. Who are you?”

“I’m Leman,” I answered.

“Follow me. I will take you to my home,” he said.

He took all three of us, Exeggutor, Squirtle, and me, down an invisible path through a denser part of the jungle. We eventually reached a large Banyan tree in which a large tree house situated between two large branches. It was large and square, and looked like it was made out of bamboo. Bamboo was available to the richer folks back in Cinnabar. There were two windows in it. One was large and square and was like a normal window, meaning it was suspended above the floor. The other window was large and rectangular, more like a doorway than a window, but there was no way to get up into it.

Tongo made a chirping noise and a large, blue, red, and white bird appeared in the window. It had two long feathers sticking up near its hindquarters. Upon seeing Tongo he flew back into the house. A few seconds later, a long ladder came tumbling down from the top. Tongo climbed up quickly, Exeggutor hobbled back into the jungle.

When he realized that I was not following he yelled, “Come on up, man. I don’t bite.”

I decided to trust him, so I pulled out a pokeball and Squirtle was sucked into it. I climbed up the ladder.

The house was very simple. There was a stove, a bed, and a large rug in the middle of the room. The bird was sitting on a large nest on a shelf. By the stove there was a large group of wooden, bamboo, cabinets.

Tongo started to make some tea.

“I made this entire house myself,” said Tongo proudly, “What do you think?”

“Its wonderful,” I replied. Thought that the house was acctualy quite ordinary, but Tongo beamed.

Tongo poured the tea into two cups, and gave one to me. I took a sip, and it was delicious. The tea was a weird flavor; it was tangy, unlike other teas, which taste a lot different. The bird flew over and landed on Tongo’s shoulder. Tongo laughed.

“This is Swellow,” he explained, pointing to the bird on his shoulder, “It is a species of Pokemon that is only found on this island, and nowhere else in Kanto.”

“That’s so cool!” I exclaimed. “What other Pokemon do you have?”

Tongo replied, “Well, I have Exeggutor, as you have seen, Gyarados who is down in the ocean right now, and a Beedrill.”

He looked saddened when he spoke the last words.

“Where is Beedrill?” I asked innocently.

“He was kidnapped by a cloaked thief ridding a shark,” said Tongo. Then he suddenly started to cry.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 01-14-2007 at 11:46 PM.