View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 10:14 PM
voidsign Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to voidsign
Default Re: Beware! Fake English Versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Ebay!

I'm not sure Ebay can do anything about the Leaf Green version. But the first ones really are bad.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with what he's doing but bbq69999 (Ebayer who's selling Leaf Green) has worded the auction very well. He doesn't mention what game you get if you win the Auction or weather the Cart and Box are from the same game.

Also the title isn't referring to anything in particular. Its just GBA POKEMON LEAF GREEN. If ebay try to slam him for breaking their rules he can say that the title was referring to the Box. Which if some one did win they would get (as well as an undetermined English game ).

Ebay has many holes in its rules and once someone figures out the flaws it's going to be quite easy to manipulate.

The best bet is if you want Pre-owned or Imported games go down to your local shops and see what they have. Ebay is a bad place to buy this kinda stuff from anyhow, even if you get what you won there is no warrenty on the product.

I remember someone selling a load of PS2 boxes for a few hundred pounds each via Auction on Ebay. Problem was the PS2s were not inc in the Auction and the people who bought them could not do a thing, he hadn't mentioned anywhere in the listing that consoles were included.