View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Freedom- Del's story {PG13!}

Repercussion

He barely dared to look. She could barely hold still. Wings folded, FarFetch'd was released from the pause in time. She dropped to the ground, lifting lace within her claws. There was silence from Sable. Del knew how dangerous silence was.

"Very good," was all Sable would say, though his malevolent gaze fixed on Delia for a minute. Knowing something had to be coming, but not what, he simply waited. Sable, however, only drew away, recalling Golduck, and strode off.

The feeling of impending disaster hung over his head. Sable would certainly never let him get away before punishing him, especially now, but this didn't so much as occur to Del at the moment. Instead, he recalled FarFetch'd, burrowing into his layers of clothes and hiding the Pokeball there, before taking off. Long legs, cramped from earlier work, responded reluctantly, but he pushed himself, trying to run faster. His ankles throbbed as his feet hit the ground, but the shock they absorbed spared his knees, which was important. Ankles were replacable, but one could not beg properly on their feet.

This wasn't really something he needed to avoid. Whatever else might come, however, was.

The fence came into sight too quickly. He had no way to get over it. FarFetch'd was called out unceremoniously, and before the bird had time to do anything at all, Del grabbed onto its feet as it flew upwards, hoping it would understand enough to fly over the fence, to fly him away. At under three feet, however, and a mere 30-something pounds, FarFetch'd couldn't possibly carry his weight. The Pokemon's legs, blood flow already restricted by the bells attached tightly to them, simply fell back to earth with Del.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-23-2007 at 12:22 AM.