View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Freedom- Del's story {PG13!}

Floodgates open

Blackness spun in front of him, feathered fronds nearly hitting his nose as they fell. 'She hit the fence,' was the first thing he thought, more horrified for himself and his upcoming fate than for her death. The blackened feathers, however, were cool to the touch, possibly dyed, but not singed. Suddenly, there were teeth attached to them, a tooth-filled beak, and he shrieked as blood dripped from his hand. The world spun; he was hungry, he was dizzy, he was tired, he was afraid. And both were screaming.

The Murkrow who's tail Del had grabbed bit him viciously, before FarFetch'd dug its claws into the Pokemon's back. The two pulled back, dancing about each other like swans, but out of hate, rather than love. For a casual observer, this might not be obvious. Both moved with obvious grace, and focused expressions. Were it not for Murkrow's bleeding wounds, and the bell-laden strings tied inhumanely tightly around FarFetch'd's claws, no one would be the wiser to their dislike for each other. After all, love and hate were both surprisingly similar, both strong emotions. If anything, they were the same, and apathy their shared opposite.

Giving off the sort of cawwing noise most would have expected to hear from the darker bird, FarFetch'd flung open its wings, and floated upwards before spinning. The Swords Dance grew in speed despite the balls of shadow that Murkrow lobbed at its enemy, until FarFetch'd was hyped to fight.

Avoiding yet another disc of shadow- shadows were flat, after all, and thus closer to a flattened UFO shape than a spherical one- FarFetch'd leapt at Murkrow. Though the attack was expected, Murkrow still could do nothing to stop the duck's Fur y Attack. Teeth and claws bit into its flesh, and the ringing of bells acted not simply as a warning, but as a nuisance. The Pokemon's ears were irritated by the close, sharp sounds.

Finally, in desperation, Murkrow began to kick up sand. This, however, did nothing to help, as FarFetch'd had keen eyes. The Pokemon glared at it through the haze of yellow dust, before landing a solid Fury Cutter on it.

FarFetch'd's Pokeball lay in Del's hands when Murkrow fell to earth. However, rather than throwing it, he snatched up Murkrow, holding the Pokemon as it weakly fought him.

"We need to get out," He said, causing it to stop struggling. He didn't know if it was part of this place, but apparently, it did seem to want to get away, even if it had only wandered in.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-23-2007 at 10:53 PM.