Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse
Default Sailing the Seas

CHAPTER 1: There's no home for a sailor.

"...my dreams went unraveling, far from the seas as a sail-or!" A tall muscular man sang wearing a blue shirt, a white sailor cap, and white long pants that he sometimes tucked in his shoes when mopping like now.
"...There's no home, for a sailor, on the sea or the sand..." The man continued singing as he mopped the wooden deck of the medium sized ship known as, "The Queen of the Sea" He stood there, quietly as he finished, making the floor shine with glory and might. He smiled upon his good work and looked up at the Wingul flying above chanting the caw of the birds.

The man's eye caught something in the distance. He gave a quick glance to see what was coming his way. On the docks he saw his captain in a nice classy black and gold tuxedo with a captain’s hat and dark blue pants that reached far down to his shinning black shoes, which were shinned every hour, on the hour by his sailors. The hairy muscular man walked up the deck with his arm around someone's shoulder, talking to them as they walked. The teenaged boy walking along the side of the captain nodded every few words the captain said as he said,
"Uh-huh, yea, sure, yes." Every few nods, and chatted with the captain. The boy wore a Blue tee shirt, a little bit dark, but not too much. He also wore long black baggy pants, with slight cuts on the knee parts to keep himself cool in the hot summer nights. His belt was a grey baggy one, with lots of pockets for storing things like berries, and Pokeballs. His old grey tennis shoes gone, gone like his home and friends and were now blue tennis shoes mixed with skate shoes for style. His long black and blue hair hung from the top of his head like willow tree branches and had a soft, calm texture to it, almost like the ocean. His eyes were deep his compaction for the open water, and were filled with the blue color of the water he cared for so much about.

He talked with the captain, ending a sentence with him as they approached the sailor working on the ship, who was just ending his song.
"Steven, this is a friend, Susaska. Susaska wants to travel the seas, exploring and intruding were his nose doesn't belong." The captain smiled as Susaska, the boy, chuckled from an inside joke from before that the captain said while they were walking. The worker, or Steven, put out his long bulgy arm for a hand shake with the new recruit. Susaska put out his long scrawny arm and shook the big mans hand up and down. Susaska smiled and asked,
"So, is she as terrible as people tell me?" Steven knew exactly what Susaska meant by, "she" referring to the sea, and replied with a quiet,
"No, not that bad. People tend to over react or carry on about stories that may not even be true." Steven turned to the open sea and said quietly,
"But she's a harsh one, I'll tell you that." Susaska looked out imagining himself riding giant water Pokemon like Garyados, or Wailord.

"So Captain Squall, what ship are you taking for your adventure?" Steven asked as the captain looked surprised at him, as if he never met the man before. Captain Squall replied with a sudden,
"What are you talking about?" Captain Squall turned toward Susaska and said,
"We were merely discussing what the sea was like and he told me he loved the sea. I would never take a stranger out to the sea without him knowingly, or agreeing to be." Steven looked at his captain with a sudden bad feeling of judgment in him and his eyes as he said,
"Oh, oh. I thought you meant by, well you know, like how people do stuff like." Steven was stuttering over his words trying to find an explanation why he had suddenly come out with a rush of getting his captain away from him to do whatever he pleases to do in his captain’s absence.
"Do you want me to leave?" Captain Squall lecturing Steven in a way people extremely dislike to be. The captain stood their waiting for the wrong answer, which was also the right one. The right one would to tell the truth, which for Steven was a, "yes" but the true right answer was a, "no" but is lying to his captain, which makes it the wrong answer.
"No, no, I always want you around captain." Steven replied sharply and expecting a reward or punishment.
"Great, scrub the decks again for lying to me, but good answer." Captain Squall said as he gave punishment to his worker, as a lesson to Susaska to not upset him.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Sailing the Seas

"My bonnie lies over the ocean, my bonnie lies over the sea. My bonnie lies over the ocean, so bring back my bonnie to me..." Sung a very lovely tune from a man walking down the brick road of fisherman shops, and markets. The man had a blue tee shirt underneath his blue and white jacket with a "Pokemon Ranger" emblem on it. His hair was like the golden rays of the sun, pouring down to his eyes in a spiky sort of fashion. His blue eyes were like the flat plains of the sea. His brown, sort of, baggy pants hung down as he sagged. His tennis shoes finally stopped squeaking from water being in them, and didn't mess up the tune anymore.
"...Bring back, bring back, oh bring back my bonnie to me, to me!..." The man sang as he walked down the stretched harbor searching for a nice ship with a captain to go along with. The man remembered what his co-boss said to him before he left,
"Team Aqua is building something strange in the middle of the ocean. Find a ship and get there, find information about them, and don't get caught! You got that Ross! Ross..? Rousseau!
Yes, yes! I heard you the first time sir!
Then answer me son! Now go, and take manly water Pokemon, you'll need them."
The Pokemon Rangers were sometimes short with him, because he manly got caught when snooping around places. Then the enemy becomes more aware of the Pokemon Rangers being around, and it makes it a lot harder than it should be.

Rousseau stopped halfway down the harbor when he noticed a little cottage among the others, but with their lights on. He walked over and peered inside. That's were he saw Captain Squall and Susaska chatting at a table about something Rousseau didn't care about. Rousseau got up and walked over to the door.
"Bang, bang, bang!" He pounded on the door in the usual three hits. He heard the chattering pause, and then stopped. Foot steps clattered closer to him, as they got louder. There was a click at the door and then it opened to a man in a captain’s suit.
"Yes, what is it?" Captain Squall said with annoyance in his tone of voice.
"Jeez, is everyone short with me today? And what a geezer. Two words, breath, mint!" Rousseau thought in his head as he flipped out his Pokemon Ranger badge and flashed in as he said,
"Yes, I am a Pokemon Ranger and I am authorized to go somewhere on the sea, and I need a ride." Rousseau spoke continuously, ignoring the fact that periods can be used in sentences.
"Will you take me? Please, I mean, if you don't have any thing else to do, do you?" He rushed in his voice. He was very nervous and very young for a Pokemon Ranger, only the age of nineteen.

"Why, sure I will son. I was just planning to go on a ride, maybe even tomorrow, to go out to sea." The captain replied with a sudden trust and likeness for the man.
"Here, here come in, come in." Captain Squall ordered Rousseau, as he took a step in and looked around. He walked over to the table where Susaska was and sat down. He looked at the young man, but not too much younger than he was. He smiled and gave a little nod of the head, trying to impress Susaska with his "mad skillz" of nodding his head. Susaska smiled back in a way that you would if you wanted to laugh at a pity sight, but didn't. Captain Squall came over and said,
"Susaska this is, this is."
"Oh, Ranger Rousseau, but my friends call my Ross" Rousseau replied quickly to help out his new captain.
"Susaska this is Rousseau, and Rousseau this is Susaska." The two men at the table reached for each other and gave a friendly hand shake at the same time saying, "Hello" or "hey"

Captain Squall smiled as he looked at the two companions and then said,
"So, what Pokemon are you taking with you?" Susaska's eyes widened as he bent down, searching his pockets for his Pokeball. He found it and took it out, pushing the little white button as it rematerialized a Pokemon. A little blue seal Pokemon popped out of the small ball and appeared on the table.
"This is the only Pokemon I will be taking on my adventure at sea. This is Spheal." Spheal, the little blue white seal Pokemon squealed and bounce for joy. Rousseau smiled at the joyful little Pokemon and then said,
"I have only two Pokemon with me." Rousseau took out the same kind of Pokeball, but two of them. He opened them both and out came a blue sea dragon, and a white sea lion.
"Everyone, this is Seadra, and Dewgon." The two water Pokemon jumped for joy and squealed like Spheal did, greeting everyone in the room.

Captain Squall smiled. He was happy to have found new people that wanted to be on the ocean so bad that they would go with him. He chuckled at that thought then said,
"Great, so now we know everyone. Let's go to bed, and then get started tomorrow morning." The two men nodded in agreement and Susaska showed Rousseau where the bedrooms were and they both went up stairs.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

A carol cried out from the outside world and poured into the small cottage room like the sun beams. The room was quiet, except for the singing of the morning choir awaking everyone in town that had their window open. Susaska awoke first. He got up and put his feet on the floor rubbing his head as he sat on the soft bed. His morning bed head was like the bristles of a Zigzagoon. He peered over to Rousseau's bed where he slept the day away. Susaska got up and said,
"You awake?" There was a quiet pause now. The choir stopped singing and had become calm.
"Yes, I'm awake. I've been trying to get back to sleep for the past thirty minutes." Rousseau replied softly, and carelessly. He got up and rubbed his head just as Susaska had. He stretched then said,
"So, where's the captain?" Susaska soon remembered that they were going on a little trip out to sea today. His eyebrows lowered in curiosity of the location where his captain is. He turned around half searching for the captain, and half stretching then replied,
"I haven't a clue." Rousseau looked at Susaska as if he were speaking French.
"I haven't a clue?" He repeated Susaska in a more sarcastic kind of way.
"Who says that? 'I haven't a clue.'" Rousseau kept getting on about how Susaska replied to him, and then finally calmed down.

"Hey, hey! Someone come down and help me! Now!" Susaska and Rousseau both heard their new captain yell at them from the outside. They both scurried down stairs and looked around for him.
"I'm outside!" Captain Squall squealed at them impatiently. Susaska ran out first and Rousseau right behind him. They slammed the red door open to find their captain wrestling a fishing rod. The tip of the rod was bent very far. The fishing line was very tight and strict. There stood Captain Squall fighting against whatever was pulling against the other side of the line.
"Don't just stand there, help me!" Susaska flinched and rushed at him. Rousseau calmly walked over and started tugging along with his captain and Susaska. Out came a little blue fish with long yellow lures with a yellow bulb at the tip of them. It was short, stubby, and waddled when it walked.
"Ah ha! Now boys, you get to see my Pokemon in action. Let's go, Swampert!" Captain Squall let out a fierce and tremendous blue and red fish Pokemon. The massive monster stood on its hind legs making itself look tall and large. The large Pokemon bellowed against the arrival of the real world and looked down at the little fish Pokemon.
"That's a Chinchou." Rousseau said with a tone that said, 'I'm the smartest one here. I know stuff you don't. I'm better than you.' Susaska replied to the unwanted comment,
"I know." He turned his attention to the very large water ground type Pokemon that stood taller than anyone else there.

"Now Swampert, use Mud Shot!" The large monster Pokemon opened is very large mouth and shot out many rounds of little mud bullets at the small angler Pokemon. The Chinchou was hit! It fell backward just realizing it has been tricked into a battle without its own free will. The angler Pokemon got angered and fought back with a Thunder Wave attack and shocked the large Swampert with electricity. Swampert shook off the blue jots of electricity.
"Electric type attacks don't work on Swampert, now use Mud Shot again!" Commanded Captain Squall. Swampert shot out a very strong amount of mud bullets at the angler Pokemon again and hit it directly. Chinchou was now very furious with Swampert and fought back with a powerful Water Gun attack. Chinchou shot the heavy stream at Swampert hoping the ground type half will effect it terribly.

It didn't the large Swampert stood there like a pillar in a hallway. The water ran down Swampert's back as it cooled off the large Pokemon.
"Now let us try and finish it with a Muddy Water attack!" Swampert smirked as he jumped into the water at the peer, for this was its favorite attack. Chinchou looked a little bit worried as it sat there unknowing where Swampert might attack. A giant wave full of water and brown swampy mud came out from the water beside the Chinchou and smashed it against the wall of a store. The Chinchou was angrier more than ever and shot a massive Thunder attack. Giant lightning bolts came out from the golden bulbs on Chinchous head and hit the giant monster Pokemon. Swampert shook it off again, just as before.
"I think that is enough!" Captain Squall said smiling at his accomplishment.
"Let's try and catch it." Captain Squall said as he took out a little red and white PokeBall. He pushed the button and enlarged it, then put it behind him and swung it out at the little angler Pokemon.
"Go, PokeBall!" He said giving confidence into the throw. The PokeBall hit the little blue and yellow angler Pokemon on the head and a red beam opened out of the little ball. The PokeBall materialized the Chinchou inside of it and closed up. It fell down to the ground and shook. Once to the right, Captain Squall waited vigorously, and then to the left, Susaska was left in awe of the amassment of Swampert as Rousseau could care less. And then what they were all waiting for, the ending.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

~*~*~*Ready For Grading*~*~*~
~*~*Characters: 14,355*~*~
~*Pokemon: Chinchou*~
Old 03-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Strawberry Maelstrom Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Strawberry Maelstrom

Plot: This story reminds me of Moby Dick. A story about the open seas and a captain trying to catch his Pokemon. I enjoyed the story.

Grammar: You messed up a few Pokemon names. Wingul has two L's. The first "a" in Garyados should be a "y" and the other "y" should be deleted. The only other mistake was a simple typo. So, nothing here can hurt you.

Detail: You did a decent job here. It was enough detail so I can picture the story, but not enough to clear away all of the fog.

Length: 14,000+ Characters, right in the range.

Battle: It was an okay battle. Your description helped me picture the attacks. I felt that it could use a bit of touching up, even though Mud Shot fired a hurricane of mud balls, I'm sure a Pokemon can dodge them once or twice.

Success: What can I say? You did a decent job in every area.

Chinchou Captured! Congratulations on the Angler Pokemon!

Diamond Friend Code
------------------------
Sean
1933-7453-8426
Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Awsome thank you ((sorry bout the Pokemon names though, I had a carnivol to tend at my school, o.o omg the police shoed up in cars and helocopters all around the school and they kicked us out, huge fist fight and I mean HUGE!)) also thank you for grading and congrates of becoming a grader. *claps* Hurra for you!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

CHAPTER 2: The Deep Ocean - Part 1

The ball clicked. It became silent until Captain Squall said,
"So, who wants it?" Susaka immediately raised his hand, unknowing what Captain Squall meant. Rousseau replied responsibly,
"What do you mean, 'who wants it'?" Susaska then lowered his hand a bit and was about to say something but was cut off by Captain Squall saying,
"Here you go Susaska, and I meant, who wants it." Captain Squall gave the Pokeball to Susaska which held the Chinchou. Susaska looked at the Pokeball intensely and then opened it. Susaska like having his Pokemon out a lot. The Chinchou came out and rubbed its head. It was still in a little bit of pain, and it was a bit confused about what just happened.
"You're my new Pokemon now Chinchou. Here I want you to meet my other Pokemon, Sphe-" Susaska had just remembered he had put Spheal away in his Pokeball the night before. He quickly stumbled threw his pockets and found the red and white Pokeball. He pushed the button and out rematerialized Spheal.
"This is Spheal, and Spheal, This is Chinchou." The angler Pokemon looked at Spheal and soon smiled. Spheal was clapping and smiled right off the bat.
"Well they seam like good friends to me already, right Susaska, Rousseau?" Captain Squall chimed. Susaska watched as the two Pokemon played and nodded quickly. Rousseau nodded just to get the question out of the way to ask his question,
"Do I get a Pokemon?" Captain Squall turned at his and said gaily,
"Sure you do. You have Dewgon!" Rousseau looked at Captain Squall with confusion.
"You have Seadrea, and Susaska has Spheal. You have Dewgon, and Susaska now has Chinchou. It's all fair dear boy." Rousseau sighed knowingly that it was all true.

Captain Squall then turned toward the open sea and said,
"I think it is time to go. We should go know out to the wondrous place known as the sea. She's waiting for us to rid her waves, and to sail on he back. The deep sea just wants us to dive under and explore what needs to been seen." Susaska looked outward at the sea and envisioned himself diving on a Wailord with his Chinchou to light the way ahead. Rousseau crossed his arms and then remembered his mission and said,
"Will we be passing uh, 48 latitude, and 43 longitude?" Captain Squall lured toward him and said,
"I don't know, will we?" Rousseau sighed, then smiled at the joke Captain Squall had just made.
"I hope we do." Rousseau thought to himself.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

"Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!" Captain Squall sang out a familiar tune in the open sea air. The humid salty smell softly brushed against the boat as it whisked itself threw the giant body of water. The medium sized white and blue boat propelled itself by a motor and jumped from one wave to the next wave. Susaska sat quietly on a bench made of wood on the side of the clean boat. He watched as his Spheal and Chinchou swam against the rumbling boat. Rousseau was still a little bit upset about Captain Squall giving the Chinchou to Susaska. But he still searched the sea with his keen eye for a U.S.O. which stood for Unidentified Sailing Object. The motor hushed itself and they slowed down on the bumpy sea. They came to a halt and the only sound was the waves hitting the boat with a splash or two every couple of seconds. Some footsteps came from the bow of the boat. Captain Squall appeared at the foot of the stair case and said,
"Here boys, I want to show you something. I want to show you something, beautiful." He stumbled over to a shaft that you could tell lead downstairs into an unfamiliar place of the boat. He unlocked the padlock and opened up the two wooden doors. Captain Squall started walking down the stairs into a darkened room.

"Oh hey, it can't be too bad, can it?" Rousseau chimed as he took off with his left foot off of the side of the boat. He started walking down the stairs as Susaska shrugged his shoulders and walked down to occupancy his companions. There in the dark shaft they could barley see anything, but still saw the outline of Captain Squall and he held onto a lever and said,
"I created this myself, and it is one of the most beautiful things I have every put my eyes onto." He pulled down the lever and out opened an underwater room. Every black and dim wall opened up to a glass covered room. It was underwater and the sunshine poured in from the water and shinned down on them like as his they were blessed by the gods themselves. The water was a sapphire blue and was scheming with life. Almost every kind of water Pokemon that lived in the sea was now shown here there the aquatic sanctuary. Out from the deeps came the Wailmer and the Wailord as they rose for air and danced to the waves. Luvdisc swarmed the water with a pretty pink. Remoraid shot threw the ocean in schools of giant bodies of fish. Susaska saw his Spheal and Chinchou playing together by the water tank. Tentacool and Tentacruel hovered above like the weeping willow trees on the land. Gorebyss and Huntail shimmered as they glided threw the water. On the coral bottom Clampearl opened and shut when they came by and Octillery waved their suctioned arms. A heard of Magikarp fluttered around the boat. Them they heard a monstrous roar. A giant blue sea serpent jetted itself underneath the boat. A Gyarados swam fluently threw the ocean. It was fallowed by other Gyaradoses and then came Febases and Milotics. The majestic Pokemon swam all around them in synchronized harmony. Every one was a bit more awesome by the other and just kept getting better and better by the minute.

"Wow, just wow." said Rousseau as he was amazed at the sight of so many Pokemon thriving in just one body of water at one time.
"It's amazing isn't it?" Captain Squall said. He looked up, and then turned around to see the awe on Susaska's face.
"Are they real?" Susaska questioned.
"Real?" Captain Squall questioned back. He soon replied with a chuckled in his voice and said,
"Of coarse they are what do you think this is space? This is the ocean, the life of a sailor, the thrill of a fisher, and the awe of mother nature." Captain Squall said with the thrill of the ocean deep in his voice. Then He noticed a school of Carvanha was coming his way. He never trusted those little fish that bite constantly. The school had noticed Susaska's Chinchou, one of their favorites and rushed over immediately. Chinchou was attacked by one fierce and big Carvanha with a Bite attack. Chinchou fought back with a Thunder Wave as a warning. The Carvanha shook it off and attacked again, this time with another Bite attack. Susaska realized what was happening and shout out at his Chinchou,
"Use Spark on all of them. Teach them not to mess with this Chinchou!" Chinchou nodded and turned toward every single Carvanha. Chinchou gathered up a lot of static electricity using Charge and then shot out an enormous Spark attack and electrocuted the whole school of Carvanha. The school of Carvanha swam away scared and hurt, only to rest and attack later on.

That evening on the boat Captain Squall had a fire going and was cooking some soup up. He came over and sat down next to Susaska's Spheal and Chinchou. Susaska sat next to his Pokemon and watched the soup boil. Rousseau had his Dewgong and Seadra out next to his as well. Captain Squall sat down quietly and soon said,
"Those Carvanha are coming back later on. Maybe one of you can defeat them for good, or show them whose boss around here, eh?" Susaska chuckled underneath his breath and said,
"I already shoed them who's boss, ain't that right Chinchou?!" Chinchou squealed happily with its fins flying in the air.
"Don't count on it boy. These Carvanha's around here are extremely violent, and have no since on giving up. You really have to give it to them before they let go." Captain Squall warned his new recruit.
"It'll be fine, it wasn't a fair fight to day, but tomorrow will be." Susaska had confidence in his voice when he said that, otherwise he would've been a little bit scared of the pack of wild Carvanha's. That night before Susaska went to sleep in his little cot he thought he heard the sound of splashing and snapping by the boat.