Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Default Butch and Cassidy - To Trash Hoenn [PG-13]

Hey everyone, Shiny Loser at your literary entertainment service. This is my second fanfiction, Butch and Cassidy - To Trash Hoenn. It's rated PG-13 for mild swearing and mild sexual themes, though it probably won't be living up to its rate at the beginning. It's a Journey/Comedy fic, so for those serious fic readers, you might not be interested in this. But anyway. Butch and Cassidy have just been kicked out of Team Rocket. After seeing a poster for the "Double League", a Pokemon League for pairs of trainers, and the prize of 10 thousand US dollars, they begin their lives as Pokemon Trainers in Hoenn, badges, gym leaders and all. However, there's no success without an obstacle, and a shady antagonist is quietly plotting to take control of the world (including Team Rocket).

This is not a sequel to my first fanfiction, Back to the Crystal Fortress. HOWEVER, this fiction contains many references to that one. I suggest you read it (and comment!), though it is not compulsary for you to understand this story.

Chapters + one sentence summary + POV:
Quote:
Chapter 1: Wallace's Gift (Butch)

Chapter 2: Giovanni's Decision (Giovanni)

Chapter 3: Shup Up! (Cassidy)

Chapter 4: What a Lovely Start (Shupster)

Chapter 5: You Just Lost a Fan (Butch)

Chapter 6: We're Rockets, We Steal (Cassidy)

Chapter 7: Rival Showdown (Shupster)

Chapter 8: A Dad Knows His Daughter's Backpack (Treecko)

Chapter 9: A Watery Encounter (Ralts)

Chapter 10: Underage Schoolteacher With Thirty Children (Butch)

Chapter 11: Stoner All Right (Roxanne)

Chapter 12: Get the Goods (Taillow)

Chapter 13: Of Battles, Pants and Void (Shupster)

Chapter 14: Message Carriers (Egbert Briney)

Chapter 15: I, Steven Stone, the Champion (Steven)

Chapter 16: Fishermen... Typical (Butch)

Chapter 17: Madness with Brawly Takashima (Brawly)

Chapter 18: Aqua Mission + Alcohol = Hilarity (Shupster)

Chapter 19: Shocked (Grovyle)

Chapter 20: An Unwanted Past (Shupster)
Okay, I'll begin :D.

Chapter 1: Butch Rydel

“We’re screwed,” I said to Cassidy flatly. “We’re totally screwed.”

“By whom or what?” joked Cassidy, though it sounded forced.

“Dammit, Cassidy, our careers are not a joke,” I said angrily to my partner. “Besides, that joke is flat off the hook. Cliché like trainer fics. Okay?”

“Okay, just trying to lighten you up,” said Cassidy, looking hurt.

“DON’T give me that innocent face,” I snapped. “Try fitting into the story.”

We were walking along the white coast of sunny Sootopolis city, which Cassidy recommended for a ‘holiday’.

(flashback)
“Oh, look at this,” said Cassidy. “Sootopolis city. Greek-like attraction. Plus hot gym leader. AND it looks like the people who live here are richer, and possibly have many rare pokemon. The Cave of Origin is here too – home to rare pokemon.”
“You really think this last attempt for Pokemon stealing would make a difference in our lives?”
(end of flashback)

While walking, we passed rustic Greek-like houses every now and then. Cassidy made a right choice for a holiday spot, I thought. But those trivial choices didn’t matter now that the big one was going to be made by Boss. The cool wind blowing in my face was telling me that I should feel happy of all I got in this life, but somehow I just couldn’t find a way to take its advice.

“Well, what do I expect?” I said to no one in particular. “We haven’t done ANYTHING really important since the Orange Island Drowzee stunt, and that didn’t even work.”

“And all that losing to Ash,” added Cassidy.

“Sometimes I really hate that guy,” I said.

“Sometimes!? DUDE! He’s the reason why we’re in danger.”

“Look on the bright side, okay? At least after we get fired, we get a normal life. We actually get a LIFE.”

“I don’t WANT a life!” said Cassidy miserably. “I’ve spent my whole life doing this, I don’t know what else to do!”

We walked in silence until we reached a bench, and then we sat down. It’s amazing how I’ve been doing this so much with Cassidy that sometimes we do things at the same time, like sitting down at exactly the right moment or whipping a pistol out only to see that she had done the same. Well in this case, we sat down at the same moment but I wasn’t too surprised anymore.

“You know, it’s actually not that fair that we’re going to get fired,” I said to Cassidy.

“I know, huh?” she replied. “I mean, we’ve been really good trash collectors.”

“AND toilet cleaners,” I added.

“Don’t forget dishwashing,” said Cassidy glumly. “Those things hardly even matter to Giovanni. He just wants to use us as slaves before we get fired. He doesn’t even CARE about us.”

I exclaimed, “You just said the forbidden word!”

“Butch, don’t be such a wuss,” said Cassidy in annoyance. “Just call him by his name. We’re going down anyway.”

“We’ve still got hope,” I said without hope.

“No, we don’t,” said Cassidy, who was always the more straightforward.
Once she called Boss by his name right in front of him, and lost the right to the TV lounge for a week. But she didn’t change much after that, which is probably the reason why we were going down. But then again, I shouldn’t blame matters on my partner when I wasn’t so good myself.

Suddenly a large, wide, sparkling building got my attention. At first I thought it was the Sootopolis mall, which was built about half a year ago, according to PNN. But then I noticed the three huge glass letters G-Y-M hanging in front of the door, and my mouth dropped.

“Yo Cass,” I said, nudging her with my elbow. “See that? It’s a gym.”

“I’m not a dumbnut,” said Cassidy. “I’ve been to more gyms than you.”

“Yeah, but you lost every one of them just like me,” I said. “My point is, Gym leaders have good pokemon, right? Maybe we can go try and steal them. Boss totally likes high-level pokemon.”

Cassidy was in thought. “Actually,” she said, “that’s not the worst idea
you’ve ever had.” And then we did our ‘Steal Pokes’ move – stand up, clink pokeballs (that’s not so strange considering it can be done to glasses, huh?) and shout, “Gotta steal ‘em all!”

Walking toward the gym, I suddenly found the feeling of happiness, or at least, hopefulness, which had been lost since the big news about our going down. It seemed like Cassidy was feeling the exact same thing – I could see her smile and the ‘hopeful’ look written all over her face.

When we reached the gym doors, I was going to tell Cassidy to open it slowly, but she just threw it open with a bang. Then there was another. Then another. It took a while for me to realize that it was the huge area of the gym that was echoing the bang over and over. It almost seemed unreal. The floor seemed neatly tiled – but it took a closer look to realize they were actually brittle ice that showed tiny cracks with a tap of a finger.

“Well, dumbnut, guess we can’t walk on that one,” said Cassidy.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Can’t you see? It’s a puzzle,” said Cassidy impatiently. “If we don’t walk
correctly on the ice we’ll fall through.”

“Well that’s if we’re actually going to challenge the leader,” I said, shining the little knowledge I had. Yes, I admit, I’m a bit dim-witted. But smart at times, you had to say.

But Cassidy already had stepped on the ice and started the puzzle. But after walking a few steps, the ice broke with an ominous CRICK and she fell through. Not that bright yourself, I thought.

I followed and jumped into the hole. Seeing a chance to insult my partner, I said, “Well, THAT totally wasn’t dumbnuttish.”

But Cassidy didn’t give a comeback, because she was staring at another door, virtually hidden in the glass. She’s really sensitive to those things that other people can’t see. I guess it wouldn’t be wrong to call her clever.

“Guess that look means ‘Get yo’ ass in that door,’ eh?” I said, looking at her.

“You damn right,” she grinned. Standing up, we walked to the door, and as she did in the front entrance, swung it open with a bang.

We stepped into the long, narrow hallway, me somewhat apprehensively, Cass totally prepared. I could see her fingering the trigger of the white pistol strapped on her belt. We rarely fired, but guns were really very useful if you wanted to get somebody to do what you want.

Soon, after about 2 minutes of walking along the dark hallway, we reached another door. This time, I stopped Cassidy. “Dude, let me slam the door open, kay?”

“Sure, but don’t blame me if you get in trouble.”

I gripped the knob in hope, in hope of success, in hope of staying in the Rockets. Then I swung the door open with a bang – and there sat a guy and a girl, kissing.

I instantly turned green. Green from embarrassment, not from being sick – I’m not that childish. My face turned as green as my hair. And then I heard myself speaking, or rather, stammering. “Uh...uh, aherm, uh, sorry, didn’t mean to bother you, we’re going now…”

“BUTCH!” yelled Cassidy. “You are SUCH a WUSS!” She whipped out her white pistol. “This is a holdup! Give me all your pokemon!” she shouted, pointing the pistol at the guy and girl, who were standing but not stiff, staring mildly.

“This is a holdup” is basically our catchphrase of robbery. Not very original, I suppose, but JJ uses it, why shouldn’t we?

The guy, who had blue hair and was wearing a white cap, suddenly grinned. “Pretty accurate, huh, Yvonne?” he said to the strawberry-blonde girl.

“Yeah,” said Yvonne. The two seemed almost amused, and Cassidy obviously looked pissed.

“Come inside,” said the blue-haired guy. He stood up and shut the door, then sat down again.

Cass and I walked in and sat down, bewildered. Usually we had people backing up against the wall. What’s with them?

“So,” said the blue-haired guy. “Guess I should introduce myself. I’m Wallace, gym leader of this place.”

“Ohhhhh,” said Cassidy in understanding. “Well, THAT explains why you’re being all polite and nicey-nicey.”

“Cass,” I whispered. “Don’t push it.”

“Dude, I can stop being nice if you want,” said Wallace. “Anyway, I guess I’d better explain. I knew already that you wanted my pokemon the second you came bursting in.”

“And that is possible because? Cuz you a friggin gym leader?” asked Cassidy mockingly.

“Listen, girl,” said Yvonne. “You might hear something you like.”

Wallace continued. “Okay, so my point is, you’re TRs and you do this for a living.”

“Yeah,” I said.

“And so,” said Yvonne, “here’s a spare Manaphy from our collection.”

A long pause took place as Cassidy and I gawped at each other. Finally, I spoke. Whispered, I mean.

“Dude, isn’t Manaphy that new pokemon that Boss was after for the last 3 weeks?”

“Yeah, it is! But still, be careful. It’s not possible that they’re giving away such a rare pokemon.”

“We can’t open it, because Boss likes unopened pokemon to prove that he opened it first. I don’t think they’re tricking us, look at their sincerity,” I said.

And they indeed looked sincere. Nothing at all that was suspicious.

“Well,” said Cassidy, “Thank you for your generosity. We’ll take it.”

A faint trace of a smile flickered through Wallace’s face. “Well,” he said, “I expect the magic word.”

“THANKS!” yelled Cassidy, and ran for the door. I followed her, not without a final thumbs-up to Wallace, of course. As soon as we got outside, the Rocket Duo who wasn’t about to get fired anytime soon jumped up, and yelled, “YES!!”

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 03-13-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
grovyle1221 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Butch and Cassidy - A New Beginning (PG-13)

this is awesome! you should work on more!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovyle1221 View Post
this is awesome! you should work on more!
Well, thanks! I appreciate your review on this, and just to let you know, I'm working on the second chapter and I hope you won't be disappointed. :D
Old 06-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 2: Giovanni

Part of me wonders what exactly Butch and Cassidy are worth. They don’t get me any money or rare pokemon. Yeah, sure, they get food for me. Black latte with 4 small marshmallows. Hawaiian pizzas from Pizza Hut. But only because I told them to run an errand for me and they wouldn’t dare not do as I tell them.

Still, another part is deciding whether it was right to set a “fire date” for the duo. They obviously were better behaving than JJ, and it seemed wrong to just boot them out of the group they had been in for so long. They had almost succeeded once, even. That Drowzee thing was genius, unlike anything JJ had came up with. And then again, they were such good toilet cleaners. AND floor moppers.

I believe the part of me who wants Butch and Cassidy booted out is winning. Because now he is presenting the third side of the argument – the new recruits. They’re just so much more talented than Butch and Cassidy – I mean, have you seen that smart guy with purple eyes and a Tropius? He’s totally got a higher IQ than that stupid ******* Butch. I bet he could think up a better idea than the Drowzee stunt. The new girls are much more polite and respectful to me, unlike that stubborn **** Cassidy. How dare calling me Giovanni, and how dare not learning from your mistakes after being banned from the TV lounge for a week. I mean, I’m your boss, man! I mean woman! One of the new girls even bowed and shook my hand, calling me “To-be Boss”. Where do you get that sort of politeness? Certainly not from Cassidy. And if I don’t fire them both, that girl won’t have the space to have me as a “To-be Boss”. And how dare I disappoint her lovely face?

The two parts of me arguing broke into silence as the shrill ring of the phone took its place. “Hello,” I murmured in my shadiest, best evil-boss-like voice that I used whenever I answered the phone.

“Hello, Giovanni,” an even shadier voice replied.

I reeled on my rolling-chair and held the phone away from me. “Who is this?” I asked quickly, completely losing my phone-voice.

“Needn’t you know,” said the person on the other line. “Say, has your so called ‘Team’ caught any rare pokemon yet?

I faltered. “Uh, yes,” I said, not sounding too confident.

“Very nice,” replied the other line.

I wouldn’t give up. “Look, who ARE you?”

The other side paused. Suddenly the door crashed open and my ears were
suddenly exposed, at my dismay, to the cacophonous shrieks of Butch and Cassidy, the latter who was waving a pokeball in her hand. I slammed down the phone and faced them on my rolling chair.

“So… I see you’ve come to challenge your getting fired.”

“Yep,” said Butch happily. “And we’re prepared to win!”

“Totally, Boss,” said Cassidy.

I tilted my head. “So, let’s see what you brought for me.”

“It’s a Manaphy, boss!” shrieked Cassidy. “And we didn’t open it, it’s just for you!” She was jumping up and down with excitement.

I would think my widening of eyes was certainly obvious to the two of them. “A Manaphy? You don’t mean that raindrop legendary pokemon?”

“We do mean that, Boss!” said Butch.

“Okay, open it.”

“You do that! We saved it just for you!”

I took hold of the pokeball and pressed the button on the center. Immediately my eyes flooded with red, fluorescent light, but what I saw in it was definitely not a raindrop.

It was less a raindrop, anyway, than an ugly battered dead fish. Oh wait, it wasn’t dead – looked like it until I saw it moving, though. I glanced up at
Butch and Cassidy, who both looked shocked, tricked, deceived. A burning anger rose inside me as I realized that they were faking, and the one who was supposed to be feeling shocked, tricked and deceived was ME. Me, Giovanni, their boss, who they had a nerve to play a dumb trick on. Finally the anger rose to the top of my head.

“Ohh… my… GOD!!” I yelled. “What the ****? This is a ****ing Feebas, retards! Don’t think I don’t know that! Stop laughing! Manaphy my ***! You…are…FIRED!!”

______

Three hours later, I was looking up Feebas in my handheld Wikipedia-accessable pokedex. “Feebas,” it said. “Found in only 6 squares of approximately 400 squares of water in Route 19. Extremely rare. Evolves into the very valuable Milotic.” I reeled again – rare? Had I done the right thing? Or had I screwed up an extraordinary chance of getting a good pokemon out of Team Rocket? That guy in the phone would so laugh if he found out…

_______

Sorry if this is a bit short.

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 06-19-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 3: Cassidy Evans

Blegh. Life just wasn’t the same since we “went down”, obviously, and got our pokemon taken away from us. That Raticate was just getting to like me, about a week ago, and now this. You know, seriously, sometimes I wish someone would come and stuff a whole stale squished-up doughnut into Giovanni’s CD-Rom drive. Seriously.

Not like I wouldn’t want a stale doughnut up that ******* Wallace’s CD-Rom drive too. You think that was funny, huh? Screwing up my whole life of actually earning money, and Butch’s only job that didn’t fire him for being stupid? HUH? Jerk! You think God allows you to do that just because you’re a gym leader? HUH?

That was what I was thinking as I walked through the empty park near my apartment the day after we were booted. Butch said he was invited to a nightclub with some friends, but I didn’t believe him. You understand me, do you – would somebody that stupid actually have friends? Anyway, I didn’t feel too much like following someone with a low IQ to a nightclub – who knew what could happen if he got too hyped? Marijuana does some serious burn to your brain, I knew. And so I stayed back, and instead went to the park, ignoring the old people doing yoga on the benches.

I trudged unhappily to one of the few benches that didn’t have people doing yoga on it, and sank down. I thought of all years past, my career as a Pokemon stealer in the most prestigious, or should I say notorious, scam team in all the regions, my daily income despite the fact that I didn’t succeed in capturing any rare pokemon, and the EXCITEMENT and FUN…all gone to smoke due to the world-class douche, Wallace the blue-haired gym leader. Maybe life isn’t all what it’s cracked up to be, once you trip on the path and take a plunge to the worst. “You pick up the leaves and the magic is lost,” I sang halfheartedly. I picked up a leaf, and as if it was my already-flattened heart, ripped it sliver by sliver, and crumpled it in my shaking fist. Then I felt a poke on my head.

“Dude, what’s wrong with YOU?” a voice said.

It sounded suspiciously like Butch’s voice after taking five hits of marijuana, though higher in pitch. I decided not to give him what he wanted – attention, obviously – and sat there like nothing happened. “What’s with YOU, Rydel?” I asked finally.

“Rydel?” replied the voice. “Who’s Rydel?”

I rolled my eyes. “You, *******," I said.

“Me?” asked the voice. “Since when was I Rydel? You haven’t even looked at me.”

“You’re high, idiot,” I said. “Don’t make me say your name wrong again, John.”

“No, dude, I’m not John,” continued the voice. “Just turn around and you’ll see who I am.”

I slapped my head in frustration. “I’m not a dude. Look, Jack, if you really want to get attention, I suggest you return to the nightcl – ” I stopped as I turned around to face someone, or even better, something, that did not look like Jack or Butch or whatever. In fact, it looked more like a blob of shadow. With glowing eyes.

“Not a dude?” said the blob. “Dudette then. Hey dudette, do I look like your beloved Rydel now that you’re turned around?”

I stared. “Erm…” I studied harder. I couldn’t find any torso of any sort – only a head and a few billowy silhouettes of a neck.

“What, dudette, am I that good to look at?” the blob said. “Jeez, I never realized humans could actually get hot for pokemon, dudette.”

I squinted at the blob. “So you’re a pokemon,” I said slowly. “What kind…?” I blinked. No way. This pokemon wasn’t speaking in Pokemon – in other words, its name – or else I would know what kind of pokemon it actually was. “Come off it, Butch Rydel,” I said.

“NO, dudette,” the reply from the ghostly blob instantly shot back. “I’m NOT Butch, NOT Rydel, and I came here to feed on your feelings of envy, vengeance, malice, and other negative emotions.”

Weird, I thought. I do suddenly feel energetic and not so down anymore, arguing with this annoying blob. Which Pokemon feeds on negative emotions and speaks English? Suddenly a thought rose up in wisps of smoke from the deceitful spirit carved into me by Team Rocket – I could just take this blob, whatever it is, and get it to Giovanni – it spoke English, hello! – and then I could most likely get my job back. Butch? I’ll just say he helped buy the Pokeball. This was the chance, I thought. I fingered the spare pokeballs on my belt.

“What’re you trying to do, dudette?” the blob said immediately. “You’re not that in love with me, are you?”

I frowned. “Well, that’s one perfect scheme popped again.” I thought for another plan – this was too good of a chance to lose. “So what’s your species?” I asked.

The blob glanced at me suspiciously, then began. “Shuppet going on Banette. I’m still 28 levels away. Cool eh?”

“You don’t have a nickname?” I asked. Keep on this act and soon you’ll have it trusting you, I thought.

“Actually, yeah,” the Shuppet said. “I’m Shupster, though I don’t feel like changing to Banster after 28 levels, because Banster sounds like a Global Moderator in those online forums.”

I couldn’t help but grin at that. This Shupster was pretty funny, I decided. And it’s not every day that you see a pokemon that speaks English and understands computer stuff. Well, I’ll take the chance. “So. You have an MSN account?”

“No,” Shupster said, as if talking to an extra-low IQ Butch. “Since when do you see Pokemon with MSN accounts?” It thought for a while. “Ohhhh, I get it,” it finally said. “You’re so hot for me that you’re actually asking for a quick way to contact me.”

I rolled my eyes again. “Please come off that whole stupid idea of me being in love with you. I ask everyone their MSN when I first get to know them.”

“But I’m a pokemon!” said Shupster.

“Yes, you are,” I said cooly. Now’s the moment, I thought, as I pulled out a spare pokeball from my pocket. “Gotta catch’em all!” I yelled, and with a swipe of my hand, swung the ball through the air. Shupster, not expecting the attack, was absorbed into the red and white ball with a geniuinely shocked look frozen on its face. Roll one. Roll two. Roll three. “YES!!” I yelled, as the old yoga people stared at me. “How you like that, huh?” I shouted to the pokeball. “OWNED, SHUPSTER!” I practically screamed in an old man’s face. “OWNED!!”

____

Back at my apartment, I strolled through the front lobby to see Butch, green hair spiked up with gel, reading a brightly colored pamphlet. Probably just some porn thing from the nightclub, I thought. SOO not more important than my news.

“BUTCH! We’re going back to Team Rocket!” I exclaimed.

“Aw, ****, you’re part of Team Rocket? I should’ve known,” came the drawling voice of Shupster from the pokeball. “Team Rocket exerts quite cleverness and even more fairness.”

“Shut up, Shupster,” I snapped. “BUTCH!” I continued. “Guess why there’s a voice coming from the pokeball?”

“You stuffed a human in there?” said Butch without much interest, still keeping his eyes to the pamphlet.

“Lay off the Playboy, dude,” I spat at him. “I’ll forget the suspense – I got, and CAUGHT, a pokemon that speaks English and goes to online forums!”

The night guard sitting behind the table in the lobby sighed. “When people are desperate they believe anything.”

“So,” I continued breathlessly, “if we turn in that pokemon to Giovanni we get our asses back in Team Rocket!”

Butch still was glued to the pamphlet. “You know what?” he said. “I don’t wanna go back there. I’m sick and tired of being pushed around by…” he hesitated, “GIOVANNI.” My eyes opened wide. “Take a look at this pamphlet – no, it’s not a Playboy.”

I snatched the pamphlet from him. The first thing I noticed was the number 10,000. I blinked and saw that there was a dollar sign next to it, and even further to the left, the word “WIN”. Then I looked it on the whole. It went like:

NEW! POKEMON DOUBLE LEAGUE – Win $10,000!

"Hey, for all you couples who just have to fight along with your partner? Well, we have a new OFFICIAL league for you – it’s THE DOUBLE LEAGUE!

Paired trainers can be same gender or different gender. You only need one set of 8 badges between the two. If you are a cheater, are good at 1 on 1 battles, and just pick some random guy from the streets to be your partner, go ahead, but you will both have to fight together in the tournament. The final winners will each receive $10,000 as a cash prize PLUS a medal AND a Manaphy! Open pamphlet for more…

“Manaphy my ***,” I said. “I won’t be tricked again. But that $10,000… sounds very good. Very, very good. That’s a year’s pay at Team Rocket, dude.”

“Yep,” said Butch. “In fact, I’m planning to get my starter pokemon tomorrow morning. You wanna come and get one with me?”

“Hmm. You sure? This trainer stuff might make us stuck up like Ass Ketchup.”

“Don’t worry. We’ve got that team spirit inside us. We won’t be like him,” said Butch. “What pokemon are you getting? I heard they have really cute pokemon for your starters!”

I thought. “You know… I might not need one, actually.”

“Whaddya mean? You don’t want to do it? Cmon!” said Butch.

“No,” I said. I shook my pokeball and grinned. “Shupster, would you mind helping me in my quest to get ten thousand dollars from the double league?”

“No,” said Shupster. “Phrase it another way and I might.”

“Okay. Shupster,” I asked in a fake, sugary voice, “would you mind helping me in my quest to become, as Ketchup says, ‘the best pokemon master in the world’?”

There was silence. Then Shupster’s disbelieving voice: “I can’t believe a Rocket member actually said that. Okay, I’m in.”

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 06-19-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:13 AM
autism Offline
Master Trainer

Thumbs down Re: Butch and Cassidy - A New Beginning (PG-13)

Two things about the cursing.

1: why was ass uncensored in the first and last chapter but censored when giovanni was narrating. I don't think ******* is blocked on pe2k. never mind
2:this is pretty much rated r. The rules state that the rating can only be up to pg13. I think someone will have to close this. I know you censored **** but people will get the idea. Especially if not the entire word is censored. I'm not an admin so I can't close this thread, but I am surprised that its not closed already.
but about the story that shuppets funny. I thought it was darkrai who was flirting and eating cassie's insecurities.
If you love rap/hip-hop you have to listen to this one. PM me to tell me whatchu think. I think Ludacris made another future chart-topper with this ****.http://www.mixmatters.com/hot/2007/L...ity_Chick.html^^-Anti-bullying Campaign-^^
--Put this in your sig if you hate bullies--

Last edited by autism; 06-19-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism View Post
Two things about the cursing.

1: why was ass uncensored in the first and last chapter but censored when giovanni was narrating. I don't think ******* is blocked on pe2k. never mind
2:this is pretty much rated r. The rules state that the rating can only be up to pg13. I think someone will have to close this. I know you censored **** but people will get the idea. Especially if not the entire word is censored. I'm not an admin so I can't close this thread, but I am surprised that its not closed already.
but about the story that shuppets funny. I thought it was darkrai who was flirting and eating cassie's insecurities.
Mmmm you're right. I'll change the swearing then. xD
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 4: Shupster

“Ain’t I a bit too old to be getting a starter pokemon?” asked Butch.

The three of us were approaching Little Root town. Cassidy let me out of the pokeball about an hour ago, figuring I wouldn’t run out on her. She figured right. Why would I leave this perfectly okay trainer when I had seen much worse? I wouldn’t, really. This ex-Rocket pair (they had told me their story, of course. I totally laughed at that Manaphy trick Wallace did, and how they actually fell for it, but Cassidy told me to shut up) could be good trainers if one of the crew was just a leeeettle bit smarterer.

“You’re never too old for anything,” I said.

“But look at that,” said Butch, pointing to two kids about ten running from a house to a large building, most likely the lab, both screaming in a squeaky female voice, “Ohmygosh, we’re getting our first pokemon!”

“Yea, so?” Cassidy asked.

“I’m gonna look really, really stupid in front of that professor,” complained Butch. “Especially if he actually knows I was in Team Rocket. Then, even stupider.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “You’re quite an idiot as it is. Even if you were from Team Galactic, that wouldn’t improve your status.”

“See?” said Cassidy in triumph. “That’s the highlight of being attractive. Pokemon come to you.”

“Since when,” I inquired, “was having negative feelings being attractive? I came to you because of THAT.”

“Whatever. Let’s go in the lab.” Cassidy had to drag a protesting Butch in through the door. Meh, I just had to float through the wall. Isn’t it nice being a ghost pokemon?

The two kids that looked about ten were running up to a considerably young professor (usually, I judge by someone’s negative thoughts) with translucent blue-gray glasses. “Hi, hi, hi, Professor Birch!” exclaimed the brown-haired girl wearing a cute red-white hat and a miniskirt with shorts.
“Hello, May,” said Professor Birch. “Your father informed me that you would be coming today. Happy tenth birthday to you both.”

“Actually,” said the silver-haired boy in tacky, yellow-and-black long sleeves, “I’m a month older than May here, but I promised I would get my pokemon together with her. After all, we’re really good friends.”

“Maybe just a little more than that,” I muttered.

Immediately May, Birch, and the white-haired boy turned to the three of us. “What was that?” Professor Birch asked, looking at Butch.

“Zip your zipped mouth, Shupster,” Cassidy whispered, elbowing me in my left glowing eye.

“Why?” I whispered loudly. “I’ve got my rights here, you know.”

“Wow!” said May incredibly. “Did that pokemon just talk, Brendan?”

“No,” said Brendan. “You’re too excited, May.”

Professor Birch smiled. “May, you have yet to learn about the wonders of pokemon. First one is that most Pokemon don’t speak English. And you’ll learn the rest on top of that.”

“Ok,” whispered Cassidy. “From now on, don’t cause any attention.”

“Come over to the table, kids. Now you’ll get to pick your first pokemon,” said Birch warmly to May and Brendan. May squealed in delight and ran over to the table, promptly bumping into Birch. Brendan too couldn’t hold himself, but tried to put on a gentleman act – before long he too was screaming and jumping up and down beside May.

“This,” said Birch, holding up a pokeball, “is Mudkip. It’s a Water pokemon, but will become a combination of Water and Ground after its first evolution!”

“Yay!” shrieked May. “I’m taking that one!”

“Just hold on a second, May,” said Birch. “You might like one of these too. This,” he said, holding up a dusty, scratched pokeball, “contains Torchic. Torchic is a fire type chicken, but when it evolves, it can turn into a combination of Fire and Fighting! Take a look at Mudkip and Torchic if you like.”

May peeped into a hole punched just above the open button in Mudkip’s pokeball. “Omigosh! Mudkip is sooooo cute!” she yelped. “I’m taking that one!”

“OK,” said Professor Birch. “Be sure to take good care of Mudkip and treat it with love! To be a pokemon master, you must master love first!”

“Blehhhhhmmmmph,” I said, the last part being caused by Cassidy slamming her hand to my closed mouth.

Birch glanced at us again, then turned back. “Brendan, who do you pick?”

“Ohhhh, Torchic looks strong!” exclaimed Brendan, looking through its pokeballt. “It’s gotta be tough when it grows up!”

“You’re right,” said Birch. “So you’re taking that one?”

“Sure as a pancake,” said Brendan happily, taking Torchic’s pokeball.

I tsked. “Kids sure have a weird way with different expressions.”

“SHUT UP, SHUPSTER!” Butch and Cassidy yelled together. Then they looked at each other and squinted. “Jynx, you owe me an ice pop,” said Butch.

“Now, run along, kids, and go on your quest to become Pokemon Masters!” said Birch, though still looking at us three uncertainly, especially me. I was tempted to use the “Am I that good to look at” catch again, but something in those blue glasses made me rethink.

“Finally,” said Butch, walking over to Professor Birch, “it’s my turn.”

“Hello there,” said Birch. “Nice to see you’re starting a Pokemon Journey. Nothing’s too old for pokemon, I guess,” he said, winking.

Butch gasped. “You’re implying that I’m too old for this!”

Birch smiled. “Calm yourself. I’m afraid we only have one pokemon left.” He picked up the last pokeball. “It contains Treecko, a grass lizard pokemon. At first it may seem a bit stubborn and hard to train. But it will prove to be as powerful as your partner’s Shuppet.”

“Me!?” I asked. “ME!?” I had never been complimented by a total stranger. What’s more, I’ve never even done anything to show Birch my power. But somehow, it felt good. “Why, thanks! Dude, never been complimented by a stranger before, too bad we can’t shake hands cause I ain’t got any…”

“Gosh,” said Birch breezily. “You didn’t give it such a long name, did you?” he asked Cassidy.

“Uh,” said Cassidy. “Nope, it speaks English.” She turned to me. “You *******! It was a trap!”

“Interesting,” said Birch. “I suppose someone taught it English, then. Quite rare, pokemon that are capable of speaking human language.”

“I’ll take Treecko,” Butch cut in.

“OK, my good man. Good luck on your journey!” said Birch.

We hurried out of there after a quick wave, Butch in excitement, Cassidy in frustration, and me still in the confusion of why I wasn’t allowed to speak English in public.
_______

“You sure were funny there,” said Butch.

“Yep,” I grinned, looking at Treecko through the pokeball. I winked at it and said, “My little friend, you’ve got a lot of English to learn, dude!”

“TREECKO!” it answered happily. I tsked.

"Okay, Treecko, I'll start with the easy ones."

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 06-21-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:49 AM
grovyle1221 Offline
Experienced Trainer

i like these chapters too!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovyle1221 View Post
i like these chapters too!
Cool, thanks. Could you help me recommend this fic to more people? Thanks. :D
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 5: Butch Rydel

Oh, my, god. I felt so embarrassed in there. Even the professor thought I was too old for a Pokemon journey! If it wasn’t for ten thousand US dollars, I wouldn’t in my life risk such humiliation. Now I’m starting to feel like I was pressured to do this rather than Cassidy. But she doesn’t seem pressured, now that she’s got that spunky puppet. Would this Treecko be worth it? Those were the questions that pressured my mind.

We were a good five minutes away from Littleroot Town. There was grass like, everywhere on the path. It was hard avoiding it and I bet it made me look stupider than I already was, jumping up and down and over grass patches, to the kids staring at us. Suddenly, a green-haired kid, though lighter than me, came running up to us.

“Mister,” said the green-haired kid, saluting. “My name is Wally!”

“You can just call me Butch,” I said, smiling.

Cassidy looked annoyed. “Look, kid,” she said impatiently, “we’re in a rush to start our pokemon journey. Whatever you want, spit it.”

“Wow!” said Wally. “I’m starting my journey too! My only problem is, I can’t catch a pokemon. Could you please help me catch one from these grasses?”

I nodded. This wouldn’t take too much time – there was just one question.“How?”

“Errrggh,” said Cassidy, rolling her eyes 360 degrees.

“Here,” said Wally, handing me an empty pokeball. “When you find a pokemon, you can weaken it with the pokemon you already have. Then throw it at the pokemon. My problem is that I don’t have a pokemon I can use to weaken,” he said with sad eyes.

“Well,” I said, “you’re in luck.” I flashed Treecko’s pokeball. “I have one right here.”

“Hooray!” said Wally joyously. “Walk inside the grasses until you find a pokemon!”

So I started walking in the grass to and fro, much to the annoyance of Cassidy and Shupster. It’s a kid, I thought. Be nice and do a favor. I paced for about three seconds, and then something tripped me over – it also had green hair. Oh wait, is that a helmet? Right, a helmet with a red spike on it. Anyhow, it seemed quite unique.

“Wow!” breathed Wally excitedly. “You have good luck! That’s a Ralts, which doesn’t appear very often here!”

So it was unique! I got very tense – after all, it was my first battle. I grabbed Treecko’s pokeball, flung it into the air, and watched as Treecko bursted out in a stream of fluorescent red light.

I frowned. Treecko looked strong, but I didn’t know what attacks it had. Well, gotta risk it, I don’t have much time. “Treecko!” I yelled. “Use whatever attack you have on Ralts!”

Before Ralts could dodge the assault, Treecko had leapt up and swung a heavy blow with the tip of its tail, knocking Ralts over onto the side of its slim white body.

“What’s that attack?” I asked Wally.

Shupster cut in. “It’s Pound, dumbnut,” it said promptly.

“Well, this is my first battle here, hello!” I countered Shupster.

“Whatever,” said Shupster. “Treecko also has Leer. It told me. Leer cuts the defense of the foe.” It winked. “I know what you’re thinking – that having an English speaking pokemon is really coming in handy.”

“Shut up, Shupster,” I said.

“Why, that’s a way to thank me.”

“Just shut up,” I said. “Treecko, Leer!” I ordered.

Treecko trembled with energy, then let out such a menacing glare to the fallen Ralts that I could almost see the beams of light emitted from its huge yellow eyes.

“Ok, its defense is cut,” said Shupster. “Hit it with one more Pound and you got it.”

“Get it!?” blurted Wally. “I wanna catch it!”

“Kid,” said Shupster exasperatedly. “Listen to the experienced men. I mean ghosts. Either way, you might learn something important,” it said like it was a teacher talking to a straight-F student.

“Treecko, Pound!” I commanded. And the final blow was struck as Treecko pounded the weakened Ralts in the forehead with its right foot, and Ralts slumped over, dead. Wally stared at me in horror.

“Whoops,” I said. “I guess I killed it.”

“WHAT!?” shrieked Wally. “It was such a rare pokemon!” He looked close to tears. “And you… and you… you KILLED IT!” He couldn’t hold it and burst into loud, mournful sobs. “I’ll never ask favors from grown-ups again!” And he ran away, red-faced, in tears.

“Well,” I said, “that’s one youngster fan I lost.”

“Who cares?” said Shupster. “Oh, and anyway, Pokemon don’t die. They just faint, and come back to life again when you revive them using the Revive item or take them to a Pokemon Center.”

“Wow, Shupster,” I marveled. “You are one pokemon whiz.”

“Word,” agreed Cassidy.

“Whaddya expect?” said Shupster proudly. “After all, I was once trained under…” It stopped, looking uncomfortable. “Never mind, I don’t feel like bragging.”

There was an awkward silence. “Well,” I said, “better get this Ralts to the Pokemon Center.”

“The nearest is at Oldale Town,” said Cassidy, looking at her town map. “Let’s go there.”

I picked the Ralts up, and Shupster looked awed.

“Normally, you can’t actually take a wild pokemon to a PC if you haven’t caught it with a pokeball. Well, since you succeeded, put it in a pokeball, and let’s get moving.”

And that was my first battle ever. Wonder what’ll come next?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 6: Cassidy Evans

Well, we’d been on the road for quite a while. And with ‘quite a while’, I mean two days. We reached Oldale Town, just an ordinary place, pretty boring compared to Littleroot which at least had a Lab. And in small patches of grass besides Oldale, Butch trained his newly healed pokemon, Ralts. By my (perhaps not very accurate, but oh well) calculations, Treecko had probably grown 3 levels, and Ralts 2. Shupster probably gained 1, which isn’t surprising. Even though I don’t train him much he’s always found time to pick a battle with some other wild pokemon 6 levels below him. I doubt Butch has succeeded with any level-counting. Boy, does he wish there’s something to actually calculate levels on without having to use his incapable brain.

In fact, I saw a few trainers on the road with an interesting handheld device. It was sort of reddish brown, with a small screen, and even cooler, it spoke. Though I wasn’t really concentrating, I caught some vague words from its monotonous voice: “pokemon”, “levels”, and “it is a”. And I was actually deciding to tell Butch this, but then rethought as I remembered how this level-calculating would train his brain. Finally, I filled him in when I saw another young trainer with the device.

“Hey Butch,” I said. “See the kid with the yellow shirt?”

“Yeah,” he said.

“See that red thing he’s got?”

“Yeah, what is it?”

“I think it’s something that counts levels,” I finished.

Butch’s eyes opened wide. “Seriously?” he asked. “Why didn’t that Birch dude give us one?”

I squinted. “Probably because we were wearing THIS,” I said, holding out our Rocket uniforms which we changed out of after arriving at Oldale and have lots of kids stare at us in fear.

“Ohhhhhh,” said Butch in slow realization. “Well, how do I get one?”

Suddenly I spun around, seeing someone familiar from the corner of my eye. Yep, couldn’t be mistaken – those brown pigtails and the miniskirt with shorts – it was the girl we’d seen at the Lab, wasn’t it? I grinned when I saw what she was holding – a reddish-brown device.

“Her,” I said, a tad bit too loud, but fortunately May didn’t turn around.

Butch smiled. “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking about. But how?”

I elbowed Shupster. “It,” I said.

“Aw yeah,” said Shupster. “She thinks I’ve got the charisma for the job.”

“No,” I snapped.

“Oh si,” said Shupster gladly. “I’m not too much of a criminal though. Teach me how to do it?”

_____

And after we filled it in and Shupster looked fully ready, we set it floating to May. Heh, I thought, a talking pokemon must really pique a ten-year-old’s interest.

“’Sup, May?” piped Shupster cheerfully as it approached May.

May turned around and gasped. “So you CAN talk!” she exclaimed.

“Yep, sure as a pancake,” grinned Shupster.

May put her hands on her hips and looked cross. “Cheek! Don’t copy Brendan!” she said, but it was obvious she was kidding.

“Come on. Don’t be mean,” said Shupster, winking.

“Okay,” said May. She blinked excitedly. “Oh my god! I should show Brendan this! Just a minute!” She began to run off.

“Wait!” shouted Shupster, struggling not to laugh or blow its cover. “Do you want me to look after your stuff?”

May smiled, showing her gapped teeth. “Aw, you’re so cute! Good idea.” She threw down her bag and pokeballs, and then with the load off, ran into the Pokemon Center.

Shupster tsked again. “Well, that didn’t take too much ‘criminalism’,” it said, as it took a last cautious look at the Pokemon Center – and then up floated the bag and all of its contents, right to us.

Soon after, we’ve walked 20 meters from the Pokemon Center, with no one behind us. The dumb girl didn’t think of looking too far from her beloved Brendan, I suppose.

“Dude, you think we should take all of this?” asked Butch apprehensively. “The cops could come after us. And the girl, I mean, she’s only ten, this bag’s filled with all her stuff, medicine, lunches, and…” He broke into a smile. “Her clothes for the week.”

“We’re supposed,” I said indignantly, “to be CRIMINALS. What criminal’s afraid of retarded cops and thinks about what would happen if a ten-year-old lost her clothes? A WUSSY.”

“Took you long enough to find out.”

“Shut up, just take all of it. And don’t forget the red thing.” I grabbed the thing, with the word PokeDex labeled on the cover. “So it’s called a PokeDex,” I mused. “Sounds like a little kid’s toy.”

“Aw no, please, pleaaase stop implying that I’m too old for this,” pleaded Butch.

I grinned – it was always fun to bully my partner, whether on missions or on the road – he’s just so pathetic. I pointed the Dex at Ralts’s pokeball, and it instantly said:

“Ralts. Currently level 6. Timid nature. It senses the emotions of people using the horns on its head. Attacks, Growl, Confusion. This Pokemon rarely appears before people. But when it does, it draws closer if it senses that the person has a positive disposition.”

“Hmm,” said Shupster thoughtfully, “you seem to have a positive disposition, whatever that means. Maybe you should try and show it, instead of whining all the time.”

Butch ignored the comment. “Wowee, this is good,” he said. “I won’t have to tire out my brain and count levels.”

“Maybe you need some of that brain exercise,” said a high, derisive voice that definitely did not sound like mine.

“Hey, those people know you,” said Shupster, motioning with its head.

Those? That didn’t sound too good. Butch and I had only known so much people in our lives. And it was plural, ‘those’ and ‘us’. How much of a coincidence? I hoped that it wasn’t…

“Hey Butch, you hear me?” said another voice, obviously female. “Or did Boss yelling that you were fired make you deaf?”

God, no. Not now, dude. Haven’t you people annoyed us enough? Or do you want some more?

“Not that,” I shouted, looking up at the couple facing us. “It’s your sick voices, JJ!”
Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter 7: Shupster

“You KNOW those people?” I asked. Yeah, duh, I told myself. Though obviously the duo, now standing barely two meters away from us, didn’t look too much like friends to the other duo, namely Butch and Cassidy. The female, tall and attractive, had a long red ponytail that curled to the right. With a different hair color, height, and meaner eyes, she would’ve reminded me of Cassidy. But then again, it was all about the eyes. The male looked, if I phrased it in a nice way, effeminate, and if I spat out what I was frankly thinking, extremely gay. At first sight I couldn’t even tell he was a guy until I noticed he was flat. (Now don’t get me wrong, I only look at that area if I’m really not sure about the gender. And if I’m interested in a night with her. Whatever.) Though he looked considerably smarter than dim-witted Butch, I have to admit he’s not as good looking – the mop of blue hair on his triangular head looked like what I just compared it to – a mop.

“So,” said the mop-hair dude, dragging the syllable out. “It’s Mr Stupid and his hardheaded partner.”

The redhead laughed, a high-pitched evil laugh, and promptly pushed Mophair away with a finger. “God, James. Can’t you come up with anything better?” she laughed, patting James on the head. She turned to Cassidy. “Life has really changed since Boss fired you two,” she said with fake sympathy. “It’s just become… BETTER!” She screamed with evil laughter again.

A white cat-like pokemon crawled up from behind James. “Hey guys,” it said, looking at Redhead. “You’re forgetting something.” A talking pokemon! Dude! I couldn’t believe it. But hell, I always thought I was the only one. An interesting and depressing discovery indeed. I’ll take a shot.

“Dude!” I exclaimed. “You speak English? Man! What’s your name?”

The cat pokemon just smirked. “Yeah, I speak English, so what? I’d be in the same league as you? Nah. I learned my English to impress a hot chick. You?”

I stared – what a reply. “You picking a fight?”

“Yeah,” said Cassidy in a different, meaner voice than I last heard. “You picking a fight, Jessie?”

“Picking a fight?” said James in a high female voice. “We’re too good for that. Tell’em, Jessie, what we’re actually good enough for!”

Jessie tossed her curled ponytail and yelled:

“Prepare for trouble!”

I squinted and turned to Butch. “What the hell are they doing?”

“It’s their motto. They use it every time they see an enemy. Just sit through it. It’s quite interesting.”

James pointed at Butch with a gun-shaped hand. “And make it double!”

“To protect the world from devastation!”

“To unite all people within our nations!”

“To denounce all evils with truth and love…”

“To extend our reach to the stars above!”

Jessie jumped in front of me and struck a pose. “Jessie!”

James tossed his mop. “James!”

“Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light! Surrender now or prepare to fight!”

“Meowth! That’s freakin’ right!”

I stared. “So you ARE picking a fight with us.”

“Yeah, what’re you, retarded?” laughed Meowth. “That’s what we’re good enough for.”

I kept staring. “So that means you’ve just wasted a precious minute of my life.”

James suddenly became wide-eyed. “Waste,” he said incredulously. “Our awesome motto was a waste? HUH!?” he shouted, now pointing a long, pink fingernail at me. “You do want a fight. Go, Weezing!” He whipped out a pokeball, obviously painted pink, and threw it viciously at me. I just dodged it, and reeled in shock when I saw what came out. That WASN’T an ordinary Weezing, it just wasn’t. That glaring evil in its eyes wasn’t ordinary. It looked Team Rocket, and it smelled Team Rocket.

“Ha ha!” said James. “At least Boss still lets us keep our pokemon.”

“Dude, we lost all our pokemon,” said Butch, turning to me in panic. “You up for this?”

Cassidy flipped open the PokeDex and positioned it at Weezing. “Weezing. Currently level 34…”

Yeah, I’ve always tried to act tough, but this time my fear really came through. “Oh no,” I said, backing away. “No way. I’m level 11, how’m I supposed – ” But of course, the booming cry of “Weeeeeeezing!” broke off my sentence as a huge cloudy yellow fume exploded in front of my face. I could feel the stench of fuel gas penetrating the fabric that made me up, and then the crash to the harsh, dusty ground. Something didn’t feel right about me…

“What’s happening!?” asked Cassidy worriedly. PokeDex quickly answered the question. “Shuppet. Currently level 11. Status: Poisoned…”

“Whatever,” yelled Butch. “Shupster, attack that thing!”

What was that attack forced into me with the pills? Oh yeah. Forcing myself to stand up despite the Poison status, which was ceasing to feel strange and starting to hurt, I did a 360 degree somersault in the air and released a dark-violet blob from the power inside me, like I was trained…

“That’s Shadow Ball,” Jessie gasped. “This pokemon’s much too young to learn it.” She turned and glared at Cassidy. “You haven’t been as mean as to torture it into learning that?”

I winced. No, not her, I thought, as the poison from my status pulsed through me again, draining another eighth of my energy.

“Oh dude,” said Butch, biting his lip. “I think we’d better call Shupster back.” He quickly turned to James. “No, it’s not our technique, idiots. Your pokemon are older. We just got these.”

“Butch, shut up!” yelled Cassidy. “Stop being a wuss. We can win this. Go, Treecko!”

Treecko flashed into the scene in a flash of light as I returned back to the pokeball to watch in silence.

“Hey,” whispered James, poking Jessie. “Want some experience points?”

“Sure,” grinned Jessie. “Dude, sure feels good controlling the people who used to like, control us.” She whipped out a pokeball. “Go, Arbok!” she yelled. In another flash of red light, Weezing disappeared, and a blue, teardrop-shaped Pokemon fell out. And the second it fell out, it tripped over and fell flat on its face. And that certainly didn’t look like a cobra of any sort.

“No, ***dammit!” screamed Jessie in frustration.

“Wobbbbb!” cried the teardrop pokemon, leaping to its feet in an unbelievably pathetic look of “ready for action”.

“Okay fine, Wobbuffet, if you so want to battle.” Jessie slapped her hand to her face. “Why the hell did I get that thing in the first place?” she muttered.

“Well,” said Butch happily. “That thing sure looks weak. Treecko,” he paused and checked the PokeDex for its attacks, “Quick Attack!”

Treecko, in a streak of light, sped to Wobbuffet, who was wobbling in relaxation.

“Wobbuffet, Counter!” yelled Jessie.

Wobbuffet immediately stopped wobbling. It looked almost unreal, but the blue teardrop sprang to life in a fraction of a second, and countered the Quick Attack fiercely with its head, sending Treecko to the ground facing the dust.

“All right,” said James triumphantly. “Now finish it off with a Flamethrower!”

What the? I thought. Wobbuffet doesn’t learn Special Attack moves. But even before I finished wondering what James had done wrong, Treecko was being scorched by the raging red flames that were spurting out of Wobbuffet’s mouth. As the flames ceased, it was obvious that Treecko had fainted – fire was, of course, very effective to grass.

“Heh heh,” snickered James, fingering in his pocket and pulling out a beeping Action Replay. “I had my fingers crossed.”

I couldn’t believe it. “Oh, my, god. CHEATER!” I yelled from inside the ball.

“That’s what we’re good enough to do,” said Jessie. “Cheat.” She crossed her arms. “It’s still a win, guys. Since your other pokemon,” she gestured to Ralts’s pokeball, “is fainted, and Shupster,” she gestured to me, “is poisoned, I’ll let you off in this, because it’s obvious Shupster would faint if you let him out. So, money.”

“Money?” asked Cassidy.

“Yeah, dude. Money is always given to the winners of a battle. Don’t you know ethics of a battle?” said James, raising an eyebrow.

Cassidy fidgeted and reached into May’s bag, pulling out a small pink purse. “Let’s see. I’ve got… damn, this chick is poor… two bucks here…” she pulled out her own wallet, “and 200 bucks here. I can’t spare my money, it’s for the motels.” She turned to me. “Shupster, help me!” she whispered frantically.

“Let me out first. I’ve got an idea.”

“Fine.”

I popped out of the ball. “Why don’t we register you on our PokeNav?”

“PokeNav?” asked James.

“Yeah,” I said. “Our PokeDex’s got this feature. If you’ve got someone registered, you can tell them you want a battle, or in your case nag about your money, through this little messenger right here.”

Jessie appeared to be in deep thought. “You know, puppet-pants, that’s not the worst idea.”

I glared at her. “You ain’t in no position to call me ‘puppet-pants’, lady.”

“Whatever. I’ll add you two to my Nav,” she said, opening her PokeDex. “And whenever you’ve got my, I mean our money, you’ll contact us.”

Not a chance, I thought. Thanks to my genius plan, when we’ve got the money we’d be far, far away from this dump.

Cassidy seemed to be thinking the same thing, but she played along. “OK! We’ll add you too.”

“Great!” grinned James. “We’ll, uh, see you around then.”

Hope not, I thought, and I can swear the other two were thinking the same as we got the hell out of that boring old place and headed on toward the next city, which on the map, was Petalburg.

_______

Checking into the Hotel Rêve de la Fleur (classy French name fits quite well with the city’s name, don’t you think?) in Petalburg, I glimpsed out of the corner of my eye a pair of tacky black-and-yellow trousers and a red miniskirt. “Brendan and May at the same hotel,” I cackled. “Wonder what THEY might be up to in here.”

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 07-05-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:55 PM
autism Offline
Master Trainer

There's a way to get around the "dumb a" word. Dumb-ass. (note the dash.) "Puppet-pants?! That made me laugh at how dumb that insult was. (no offense) If you use the word "pants" in an insult it's just juvenile. But pretty good.
If you love rap/hip-hop you have to listen to this one. PM me to tell me whatchu think. I think Ludacris made another future chart-topper with this ****.http://www.mixmatters.com/hot/2007/L...ity_Chick.html^^-Anti-bullying Campaign-^^
--Put this in your sig if you hate bullies--
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism View Post
There's a way to get around the "dumb a" word. Dumb-ass. (note the dash.) "Puppet-pants?! That made me laugh at how dumb that insult was. (no offense) If you use the word "pants" in an insult it's just juvenile. But pretty good.
Thanks for the tips. And the bump. xD Anyway, here's chapter 8...

Chapter 8: Treecko

If you’re planning to ask me, Is Butch a capable trainer? I’d say that at any rate, he does quite well. Even if his talent doesn’t show too much for most people to believe, at the very least he is just a smidgen better than that old coot, Professor Birch. That cack is quite possibly a Pokemon torturer, I can predict – restricting poor Torchic, Mudkip and me in the laboratory all day to face cacophonous chaps goggling at us like we were some sort of side-show freaks. Thank heavens that the one Birch finally gave me off to wasn’t one of those squealing lads. I indeed have to thank the Lord for that.

In a nutshell, Butch and Cassidy don’t grant me my freedom with more frequency than Shupster, that spunky apparition. It’s only natural – Shupster behaves more like a human being than me, I have got to say. He (it doesn’t really take an Oxford graduate to acknowledge that he is a guy) also does not have the look of running away from the twosome anytime soon. I wonder why – that Ralts who is situated in the pokeball beside me on Butch’s belt has been thirsting for her freedom for as long as about the day she was healed at the Pokemon Center. I do think that she is taking the fact of being in a trainer’s control for granted – life, indeed, gets terribly stale if you are living alone, and I do not, for certain, think Ralts realizes that. If I were her, I would appreciate what I have and if I cannot withstand being in captivity anymore, at the very least I would wait until I am sent out to the battlefield. Yes, indeed, I have tried telling her that very sentence, but she has not tried to take in my wise words of British Royal-family descent, and insist on being free.

After my lengthy description of the people I am traveling with, I passed an advertisement board – we were checking out of Motel Rêve de la Fleur (with that name of beauty, I assume this place is Petalburg City, Hoenn) and moving on with our adventure. Suddenly I heard Cassidy take a long, excited draw of air.

“Look, Butch!” Cassidy exclaimed, her eyes wide. “A gym, dude!”

“So what? We’re going to lose anyway.”

“You know, traveling with you is like, totally ****. You’re not optimistic.”

I suppressed a laugh, for the third time in a week. It is quite funny to hear the two quarrel, especially for petty matters.

“Errghh,” said Shupster. “Hell with it, just go in.”

Outside the gym I could see a sign, which said, “Petalburg City Gym. Leader: Norman.” The name Norman sounded quite tough, and I wasn’t very sure if the two misfits could really handle him and win a badge. But before I could utter a word for Shupster to translate, they had already opened the door with a crash, entering the gym to a shocked Norman with quite a show. Standing next to Norman was the fragile child with green hair, Wally, crying uncontrollably.

“They…they… that scary Treecko… pounded on the Ralts and KILLED IT!” cried Wally, still facing Norman, in between sobs. “Should I never ask favors from grown-ups ever, ever again?”

Scary? How, in what sense, am I scary? I knew not to lose my temper, though – he is, evidently, just a child.

Norman waved at Butch and Cassidy. “Hello there!” he said cheerfully, as the shocked look melted away and a pleased one replaced it. “I suppose you are here for the Double League!”

“Yeah,” said Butch with a smile that faded instantly when his gaze fell on the sobbing Wally. He rubbed his hands together and chewed his lip. “Uh oh.”

Wally jumped immediately at the sound of Butch’s voice. “You,” he whispered weakly. Then his face crumbled as he burst into another wave of tears and threw closed the door of the gym as he exited.

“Well,” said Norman with a barely visible hint of a smile. “You two were the one that supposedly,” and here his smile widened, “‘killed’ Ralts.”

Cassidy smacked her hand to her head and sighed. “Yeah, we are. Hey, can we challenge you? We’re for the Double League.”

“Why, yes,” said Norman, smiling warmly. He looked at both the misfits’ belts, to check that he wasn’t just nearsighted that he was only seeing two pokeballs. And then his questioning gaze fell onto the red bag, the bag that Shupster had deceitfully acquired from May, the ten-year-old girl. Norman’s smile instantly morphed into a suspicious scowl.

“Just one question,” he said. “Where, may I ask, did you get that backpack?”

Cassidy glanced nervously at Butch, and said with a forced chuckle, “Why, may I ask, did you ask that? Do you feel that this bag is fashionable in any sense? If that is the case, may I recommend to you the shopping mall at – ” Her advertisement was returned by a tense silence and a phony smile from Norman.

“Thank you,” said Norman in his fake smile. “But in fact, my daughter already has this kind of bag.”

Butch bit his lip again. “Daughter?”

“Yes,” said Norman calmly. “Unfortunately,” he continued, “she called in yesterday and told me it was stolen - ” a glimmer of a genuine smile reappeared on his face, “by a puppet-like ghost Pokemon who she claimed speaks English.” He glanced at Shupster lightly.

“What!?” protested Shupster. “Do I look like I speak f***in English!? Oh ****, wait – ”

Norman flipped open his cell phone. “I’m calling the police.”

“What? Wait, no… RUN, BUTCH, RUN! AGGGH!” screamed Cassidy, sprinting for the door in panic. Butch ran closely behind but tripped over.

“RUN, RETARD, RUN!!!” Cassidy continued screeching. As we pulled out the door frantically, Butch slammed the door square into Norman’s face. Still in a panic trance, the two raced across the pavement, past a bend and soared into the darkness ahead of us, but not fast enough for me to acknowledge the name of the place from a road sign – Ilex Forest.

________

Half an hour later, we were hiding in a thickly forested section of Ilex. Suddenly, the PokeNav beeped monotonously.

Cassidy opened the PokeDex, and read: “Hey B and C. You got our money yet? James.”

She scowled and typed: “No, retard, not yet. Jennies are after us, so not now. Cassidy.”

A good ten seconds later, another message came in. “No surprise. Don’t feel like saying good luck. Jessie.”