Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Oh, man...

I've seen a lot of great things in my life. There was Shadow the Hedgehog, Excel Saga, Xianghua's various "Just kidding" lines in Soul Calibur II, the third closing theme of Sonic X, the Trial of Juno, a lot of fans of Hoenn Mirror World, seeing an old friend online yesterday, and seeing the seizure episode of Pokemon. All of that, however, can barely compare to...

SEEING THE RUSTBORO (Kanazumi) GYM BATTLE EPISODE IN FULL JAPANESE!
Well, a fansub at least.

Sonasu (Wobbuffet) is funny as heck! Kimori (Treecko) is cool as heck! Ishitsubute (Geodude) has a Japanese name that's fun as heck to say! Tsutsuji's (Roxanne) voice is cute as heck! The gym battle, the music, the animation...

Okay, I'll stop. Overall, the whole dang thing was awesome as heck!

I'll stick with the dub with the regular episodes, but am I SO getting all the fansubs of the gym battles (I'll still watch the dub ones, though. I like getting psyched up)! They'll be awesome as... aw, you know.

What can I say? I love the Advance series even more.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Satou
Default Re: Oh, man...

I know what you mean. I watch Mermaid Melody in Japanese and it is AWESOME! I LOVE IT! The characters have kawaii voices, except the boys. Most boys have deep, adult voices o.0;
BUT THE GIRLS ARE ADOREABLE! I love it when they sing! Watch the singing, JIG! The singing!!!! xD
So... Yes. I know what you mean. Know what totally stinks, though?

4KIDS won't release undubbed(japanese) versions of their shows ;_; It, apparently, has to do with the fact that most of their shows are originally written with swear words and some plots are diffrent because they're hard to understand. It's sad, though :( Very sad.

~Chikyuu no Mirai, Gouhoshi suru, nya!~
~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 06-24-2004, 02:59 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satou
4KIDS won't release undubbed(japanese) versions of their shows ;_; It, apparently, has to do with the fact that most of their shows are originally written with swear words and some plots are diffrent because they're hard to understand. It's sad, though :( Very sad.
I know. It's so sad it's not even funny.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:01 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry

I understand you both, also! Meow! They should debut the japan version of their shows. Much more exciting!

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yes! And many of the Japanese versions are more realistic! ^_^ Not as childish nyu.

Plus the characters sound ALOT better because they have voices that their design was made for.

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 06-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Oh, well. I can wait till the Dewford Gym Battles are subbed. Meow!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Yes JIG, join the posse of "sub > dub"! Join us!

It's kinda strange how they butcher ALL of their anime like that tho...
Old 06-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002

I felt the same way for Sonic X. If 4Kids give my darling Shadow a lousy voice, I'll hate 'em for life. The only exception is the Pokemon series. I can't live without the rockin' Gym Battles.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002

YES! They are dubbing Tokyo Mew Mew and now it's Hollywood Mew Mew! I already hate 4KIDS for that! * twitch * And they're dubbing Ojama Doremi!

This is all I can say about them: Why do they get shows if they're just going to change them? I heard that 4KIDS doesn't let death in their shows and they take out bath scenes(which is ok, but most bath scenes are very clean because of the bubbles and green water. You don't see anything wrong). So why do they get the shows where death is a common subject? * done rambling *

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 06-26-2004, 04:00 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satou
So why do they get the shows where death is a common subject? * done rambling *
Because they don't want the kiddies to see the dark side of something that has the potential to be the biggest thing since sliced bread?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Yay! Another person sees how much better the Japanese version is! I'm at the point where I'm not going to watch anymore of the Advance Generation dub (except the Jirachi Wish Maker movie). I just have a hard time being able to enjoy it after I saw how bad it is and how bad 4Kids is. Besides, I can get Japanese eps online, so I have no reason to watch the lousy dub. The only dub eps I'd still care much to see would be first season stuff and the movies, because of sentimental value, and those seem to be better than the other eps 4Kids has dubbed.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 12-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Trainer_Kelly Offline
New Trainer

Wow, so other people hate 4kids too!~nya! I already knew Satou did...Where do you get the Fan Subs for PKMN anyway??? Personally, I don't like 4kids dubbing...I can't stand the english version of Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore...>.> I seriously prefer Japanese versions over English...even though I do have exceptions...*looks over at her Sailor Moon S and SuperS box Sets* Um anyway, I wrote 3 letters to 4kids to release uncut versions of Tokyo Mew Mew and Pokémon. Isn't there a campaign for uncut versions of PKMN?

I'm turning into Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon...^^;

Pokémon Rocks!~nya! XD

OCsxActual Characters sometimes are better couples then ones in the actually Show or Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_Kelly
Uncut is Always Better
Ok, I didn't post it, but I say that a lot...
Old 12-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I can't really tell you where to get fansubs from, and plese don't revive old threads (although I'm sorta happy to see this again, but rules are rules).

*This thread has been locked after such a happy reunion.